Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Bring it here, I'll install it in 3-4 hours @ $75/hr :turkey:
In all seriousness I will be voiding my suspension warranty within a few months of owning my JK which I'm completely fine with(JK suspension parts were inexpensive compared to most other vehicles, I'm sure JL will end up being the same.) My concern with the JL is the electronics that interface with the Uconnect etc.... Mechanical work is easy, chasing down electrical gremlins is a nightmare if you don't have the right diagnostics equipment.
Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
For anyone who has received their JL wrangler and has freedom top... Did you also receive the freedom panel storage bag? I received my JL but I opted out of getting the dual top package. I was just checking the window sticker and I realized I should have the freedom panel storage bag but its missing and my dealer says he is unclear on what I'm talking about.
The window sticker says :
"Black Freedom Top® 3–Piece Hard Top
Delete Soft Top
Rear Window Wiper / Washer
Rear Window Defroster
Freedom Panel Storage Bag"

Any thoughts?
My freedom top bag was in the back. Only ordered hard top. (no dual top).

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I watched a local shop install a 2.5" lift on my sister in law's JK in about 2 hours. Pretty much the same as the mopar lift. springs, front LC arms, swaybar links and trackbar bracket. 7 hours (or even 4 ) is being overcharged.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Is anyone thinking of installing side steps? I can get into the JLUR no problem, but see it as an incentive to other drivers to not open their doors into my door. My current car has too many dings from as*holes.

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
Is anyone thinking of installing side steps? I can get into the JLUR no problem, but see it as an incentive to other drivers to not open their doors into my door. My current car has too many dings from as*holes.
yup, I always get some kind of side protection. for the JL I plan on getting the aftermarket mopar rock rails, they come out about 3-4 inches (based on pics). Just enough to stop a door ding, and enough lip to act as a step if needed.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I offroad the Jeep, so sidesteps wouldn't work for me. But I do love my rock sliders for protection. Everytime I see a chip on my rock sliders I have to wonder how bad it messed up their door because they were being careless. :devil: I usually bedline my sliders/bumpers, so touching them up if there is any damage is really easy.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I offroad the Jeep, so sidesteps wouldn't work for me. But I do love my rock sliders for protection. Everytime I see a chip on my rock sliders I have to wonder how bad it messed up their door because they were being careless. :devil: I usually bedline my sliders/bumpers, so touching them up if there is any damage is really easy.
Thanks for the information!

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yup, I always get some kind of side protection. for the JL I plan on getting the aftermarket mopar rock rails, they come out about 3-4 inches (based on pics). Just enough to stop a door ding, and enough lip to act as a step if needed.
Great!

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had the ACE sliders on my JKUR and they were perfect for protection on the trail and for using as steps unless you are wearing high heals, but I don't do that...often! ;-) Oh, and they are easy to install yourself as they are bolt on. Here's the link. http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/ACE-JL-Rock-Sliders-4-Door-_p_257.html

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase