Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
They don't seem to give us much trouble for not having a front plate in TX. I can't recall any of Alex's Jeeps/Cars having a front plate. I also haven't run a front plate on any of my Jeeps, and the only time I ever got a ticket for it when I was 18(nearly 20 years ago).

With that said before I gave him that bumper I did run a front plate for a short period mainly so I could drill a hole in it for my front camera and avoid drilling into the actual bumper :facepalm:
I drilled two holes further out on the licence plate and used the winch mounting bolts to hold it in place. For a customer I recently did the same, but she didn't have a winch so I just put a couple bolts/washers.

I know @Cascadia4x4 also has fairlead mounts for the plate, but with the narrow profile of this bumper I preferred to have it flush against the bumper.

Probably the best angle I have that shows the plate, it fits perfect in that angled portion under the fairlead.
DSC_1293.jpg

Here is the customers JL
Lori Roam front.jpg
Sponsored

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
The Zephery's if someone wanted those wheels and to change the color how had do you think the prep would be.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
I'm still waiting on diesel but I'm losing faith so curious about the wheels if I got a 3.6.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
The Zephery's if someone wanted those wheels and to change the color how had do you think the prep would be.
I'm still waiting on diesel but I'm losing faith so curious about the wheels if I got a 3.6.
They make them in black which is probably the route I would go if looking to change colors. I have rock rash on all of my beadlock rings, and will probably be changing those to black because fuel only sells the rings bare and they are $200 a piece :headbang: I'm having a hard time finding anyone that will guarantee me a color match on the rings, and I don't want to have them recoated after every offroad trip. I figure if they were black I could easily touch them up until the rash gets too severe.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
That's a really good point. Can you remove the rings if the tires are mounted If those colors were changed?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
That's a really good point. Can you remove the rings if the tires are mounted If those colors were changed?
Yes, but you would need to take the wheels/tires off the Jeep, pull the valve stems and set them on a bucket. If you haven't installed tires on beadlocks before, just do a quick youtube search for beadlock installation and think of it in reverse. :beer:

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Here they are prior to installing the rings.
threaded inserts installed, tire mounted.jpg
I was thinking of getting some raceline monster beadlocks with Maxxis razor MT tires. Is the bead on these thick? Or thin like nitto's??

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking of getting some raceline monster beadlocks with Maxxis razor MT tires. Is the bead on these thick? Or thin like nitto's??
It's been a while since I mounted a set of Nitto's on beadlocks, but on a past JK I had both 37 & 40" Nitto Trail Grapplers on ATX slabs and had zero issues mounting them. Same goes with the Maxxis razer MT's, and Fuel wheels.

I had a VERY hard time mounting 37x13.50" Cooper STT Pro's with the same KMC wheels @TankCustomsAlex has on his JL. I'm not sure if it had to do with the thickness of the bead, or the diameter...

The Yokohama G003's went on about the same as the Maxxis tires on the KMC Machete's he has on his Jeep.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU