OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Surprise! My winch plate arrived today, much faster than I was anticipating.

Went ahead and installed my old Warn M8000. It's about nine years old and a little beat up, but it still works.

I'm thinking about replacing it down the line with a Warn Zeon & synthetic rope, but this will do for now. Especially since Warn winches are almost universally out of stock and backordered right now.

IMG_3616.jpg

Also took the rear seat out today. Going camping again this weekend and want to try loading up with a little extra cargo space. Not gonna lie, I already like it. I may never put the rear seat back in. I think I'm going to order a cargo liner, too.

IMG_3618.jpg

Winch on, seat out! She's really starting to come together.

What's Next...

Out on the trails for a while before the next set of mods.

I'm starting to have second thoughts on my rock rail choice, so I may put those off a little longer. I'm secretly hoping LOD will release their Signature rock rails for the 2 door, honestly.

Either way... that means that rear bumper & tire carrier are likely the next big upgrade. Aiming to hit those early this fall, since I'll have ready help by then and I think the rear is going to be a two-person job.

Once I get the bulk of the heavy stuff installed, then I'll start looking at how exactly I want to plan out my lift to accommodate all the weight.

Advertisement

Superchips Flashcal Programmer out for JL Wrangler

Advertisement