Rear heater

shaneR

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL & an Audi TT
Anyone know how to operate the heater for the rear seats? The two on the back of the center console. I haven’t been able to find a setting that gets them to do anything. Sahara JL
Sponsored

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know how to operate the heater for the rear seats? The two on the back of the center console. I haven’t been able to find a setting that gets them to do anything. Sahara JL
The blower controlled by the main dial feeds both front and back vents. If you’re still not getting airflow, the ducting may not be installed correctly.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
The heat/air has to be set to vent. You can force quite a bit of air through them if you block off most of the fronts. I've done this to help heat the rear for the kids.

OP
OP
shaneR

shaneR

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL & an Audi TT
Thanks for the tip. I'll close the fronts and see if that helps.

Sponsored

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Did this work for you?
I am not getting anything from the rear vents.
Make sure you have the vents open in the back. Im pretty sure you can actually close them, if i remember there is a "dial" in the middle of the rear vents to close them.

thejill

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Make sure you have the vents open in the back. Im pretty sure you can actually close them, if i remember there is a "dial" in the middle of the rear vents to close them.
I did open them. I looked to make sure there were no controls or settings for them that I might've missed before I posted, because I felt silly asking such a question. haha. I wanted to ask the group before I make a service appt and then feel like an idiot because I missed something so obvious! lol.

I had the heat on full blast night last, and again this morning trying to get heat out of there to keep the pups warm, and nothing. I didn't try closing the front vents though. But. I feel like I shouldn't have to do that.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I did open them. I looked to make sure there were no controls or settings for them that I might've missed before I posted, because I felt silly asking such a question. haha. I wanted to ask the group before I make a service appt and then feel like an idiot because I missed something so obvious! lol.

I had the heat on full blast night last, and again this morning trying to get heat out of there to keep the pups warm, and nothing. I didn't try closing the front vents though. But. I feel like I shouldn't have to do that.
Make sure that you have the air coming out of the face vents only, floor vents or defroster won’t put much air at all thru those vents.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager

No you definitely should not have to close the front vents. I would set the mode on floor and check to see if any heat is coming out from under the driver and passenger seats as there is a vent there. Then i would set the mode to "face" only and check to see if the rear vents work. If nothing works then i would definitely take it to the dealer for inspection. You should not have to jump through hoops to get heat in the back.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
@shaneR the ONLY way you will get heat out of those rear vents is if the blower setting is to vent or some combination. If you have Auto, the heat will only come out of the footwells unless you change it manually.

Papi4baby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Set it to blow on the dash and it should work. Mine work great.

If that still does not work I suggest a visit to the dealer.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
The air will take the path of least resistance... which means it will always prefer to exit the front vents vs the rear. The only way to get any air to exit from the rear is to restrict the front vents by partially closing the flap.

No, you shouldn't have to do this but then again, when I use my windshield defrost, I shouldn't have to restrict the air coming out of the center vent to get some air to exit from the sides either.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Set it to blow on the dash and it should work. Mine work great.

If that still does not work I suggest a visit to the dealer.
same

thejill

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thank you to all who replied.

I did a little more testing on my way home tonight. I did not have to close the front vents. I did have to take it off “auto.” Once I changed the setting to blow out the mid vents, it came out the rear vents. If I switched it to blow mid vent and floor, it still came out the rear but not as strong.
Sponsored