Sponsored

2018 Wish List

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Oh, I almost forgot:
  • Tailgate hinges that won't buckle from holding more than a measely 80lbs.
Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Relocating the hard top's rear wiper such that the motor is centered directly behind the spare. This way, it will wipe the glass area around the spare, instead of the glass area behind the spare (which, IMHO, is rather useless).

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Relocating the hard top's rear wiper such that the motor is centered directly behind the spare. This way, it will wipe the glass area around the spare, instead of the glass area behind the spare (which, IMHO, is rather useless).
Yeah, the early mules do seem to have that centrally located wiper motor. Noticed it in a few previous images, and agree it would do a better job of cleaning. Just worried that the wiper blade now is even shorter and harder to find since distance from centre might be less than corner mounted. Already a pain to replace on road trips (yeah it's rare but had to do it once in rural Montana in Winter... PITA!)
Also, techichally centre top might actually clear more 'non-tyre' region than centre bottom, which would essentially halo the tyre, but oh well...
Additinally swing weight and strain on the hinges is increased with the weight at the bottom instead of closer to the pivot point, but again, so be it...

Plus would be nice if just the motor were F'in smaller, cause man does that ever take up a lot of rearward visibility, but if it's centre bottom like in the early mules, at least that's an area already blocked by the tire assembly if you leave the spare on, and only slightly in the way for those that remove the spare.

Also with that redesign, want better defroster mounting points. Because of my constant use in -25 weather for skis and hockey gear, I've had 4 full rear window assemblies replaced under warranty and 2 liquid nickle repairs under warranty for that design flaw.

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/2018-wrangler-open-tailgate-reveals-angled-c-pillar-design/

IMG_0200.JPG

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
My wish list again; This time because I'm dreaming how good a JLUR in Mango Tango, with a satin finish color matched dash would look.

JLUR
Mango Tango (w/black fenders, grille and top)(and wheels)
3.0 Ecodiesel
285/70/17 BFG ATs
6 sp manual (if it can handle 3500-5000lbs towing)
Hardtop (Ursa Minor as well)
AC (yes for road trips)
Winch
Apple play
Recline adjustable rear seats
rear side and back glass panels removable
Refrigerator console
Marine grade upholstery (black please, maybe orange contrast stitching)
Heated seats (4) and heated leather wheel
LED lighting throughout
AEV-ish rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, modded for bike carrier on the swing out (and strong enough to handle the weight)

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Refrigerator console
My MINI has this knob you can turn, that turns the glove box into a small refrigerator. It would be nice if the JL had a similar feature, either for the glove box in the dash, or the storage box in the console.

Sponsored

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
My MINI has this knob you can turn, that turns the glove box into a small refrigerator. It would be nice if the JL had a similar feature, either for the glove box in the dash, or the storage box in the console.
Doesn't the new Toyota FT4X concept have something like that? :giggle:Or was it a microwave? :cwl:

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I def now want this mini fridge feature super bad (mainly for storing high end Eau de Parfums featuring volatile natural Citral oils and for storing terpy CannaOils.

I'm also super stoked for the stash box behind the huge uconnect screen, when it raises up.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
The stock headlights in the JK are so Wretched, they should be replaced by FCA as a matter of Safety, period.
I'm glad that Headlight performance will now be Tested, and included in the Safety score. This will force them to do the "Right Thing"
After yet another trip driving my GF's JK at night, the lack of light coming from the headlamps, really is truly wretchedly dangerous.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After yet another trip driving my GF's JK at night, the lack of light coming from the headlamps, really is truly wretchedly dangerous.
At the very least get her a bulb upgrade, cheap , quick and effective.
Sure, it’s not LED or HID bright, but for a tiny investment time & money it is noticeable.

There are definitely better options starting with the Hella Cibie lense & bulb swap to full HIDs, but poping a pair of Nighthawks or Phillips Xtreme Vision in takes about 30mins and costs between $40-60.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
At the very least get her a bulb upgrade, cheap , quick and effective.
Sure, it’s not LED or HID bright, but for a tiny investment time & money it is noticeable.

There are definitely better options starting with the Hella Cibie lense & bulb swap to full HIDs, but poping a pair of Nighthawks or Phillips Xtreme Vision in takes about 30mins and costs between $40-60.
i was gonna throw some silverstars or whatever is the newer better version of them in, but we only see one another every month or so so we spend most of our time, doing more enjoyable things lol.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i was gonna throw some silverstars or whatever is the newer better version of them in, but we only see one another every month or so so we spend most of our time, doing more enjoyable things lol.
Understandable :like: , but when you get a break on a lazy morning it’s surprisingly easy.

Depends on the Silverstar, stay away from the ZXE, it’s more for show with the blue tint, but not as bright or effective (even by their own marketing/PR ratings).
I had the Silverstar Ultras on the JKU before the Nighthawks, and they were a noticeable upgrade from stock (and cheaper of course), plus the whiter light really did a better job at feature definition at night and made signage glow.

However for usually about $10-20 more the Nighthawks and Phillips X V are again noticeably brighter still, and I prefer the cut-off pattern of the Nighthawk better.

But all 3 are very worthwile updates, IMO.
Sponsored