First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I talked with Jeep Chat last night about status. All they told me is that it’s currently in KZ status. Nothing about it having shipped out or when. I presumed that the lack of specifics indicated that it hadn’t shipped out yet. I emailed Mike MacDonald about progress of getting my Jeep shipped. He called me this morning and left a voicemail informing me that it has indeed shipped and it’s at the rail yard in Pearland, TX which is just out of Houston. That’s the local terminal and it’ll be shipped to the dealership 60 miles away on the other side of town by truck. ETA of 1/14 or sooner. I should be in it next week. Progress.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I talked with Jeep Chat last night about status. All they told me is that it’s currently in KZ status. Nothing about it having shipped out or when. I presumed that the lack of specifics indicated that it hadn’t shipped out yet. I emailed Mike MacDonald about progress of getting my Jeep shipped. He called me this morning and left a voicemail informing me that it has indeed shipped and it’s at the rail yard in Pearland, TX which is just out of Houston. That’s the local terminal and it’ll be shipped to the dealership 60 miles away on the other side of town by truck. ETA of 1/14 or sooner. I should be in it next week. Progress.
Man it’s about time! I bet you’re excited. When did you order it again? Feel free to come by sometime or maybe we can meet up in p-ville

Brett

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Man it’s about time! I bet you’re excited. When did you order it again? Feel free to come by sometime or maybe we can meet up in p-ville

Brett
September 25. 15 weeks ago. Once I get it I’ll be in touch. We need to meet up and you can school me on off-roading 101. Lol.

I want to drive it a bit to give it a general shakedown so I’ve got a starting point of reference before slapping the pile of mods on it that are sitting in my living room floor for months. Plus the many more to come.

Sponsored

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
My original ETA that Mike gave me was also 1/14. However, he emailed me yesterday and it it now 1/10. Hopefully yours arrives to the dealership quickly. I know it has been long road for both of us. Assuming that we don't have any issues with our orders upon arrival, it should be an awesome day that is worth the wait!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Jeep arrived at the dealership yesterday, should be ready to be picked up later today or tomorrow at the latest.

If I’d gotten a heads up earlier this week I could have taken it on a 700 mile road trip to New Orleans this weekend to go to the Saints playoff game. Already bought a plane ticket. Although I could probably still change it...

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep arrived at the dealership yesterday, should be ready to be picked up later today or tomorrow at the latest.

If I’d gotten a heads up earlier this week I could have taken it on a 700 mile road trip to New Orleans this weekend to go to the Saints playoff game. Already bought a plane ticket. Although I could probably still change it...
Awesome! If you don't have any cancelation fees or penalties, I would be tempted to cancel and make the drive. That would be a nice drive to break her in.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Hell yeah, man. I know you’re excited. Can’t wait to see some pictures.

Now you need to set up another trip to eastern Tennessee / western NC.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Congratulations!! I'm super happy for you. I hope this machine gives you years of enjoyment!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hell yeah, man. I know you’re excited. Can’t wait to see some pictures.

Now you need to set up another trip to eastern Tennessee / western NC.
Thanks. I just might. There was a trail in GSMNP that was for off-road vehicles only called Parson Branch Rd. but it was closed for winter. Maybe I’ll get back there.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Awesome! If you don't have any cancelation fees or penalties, I would be tempted to cancel and make the drive. That would be a nice drive to break her in.
Thanks for the kind words. As of now I can still get full credit toward another flight. Once I know for 100% that it’s legit ready and I inspect it, I’ll probably cancel the flight and drive. A good break in/ shake down trip.
Congratulations!! I'm super happy for you. I hope this machine gives you years of enjoyment!
Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I just might. There was a trail in GSMNP that was for off-road vehicles only called Parson Branch Rd. but it was closed for winter. Maybe I’ll get back there.
I’ve already got that road flagged for this spring and summer.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the kind words. As of now I can still get full credit toward another flight. Once I know for 100% that it’s legit ready and I inspect it, I’ll probably cancel the flight and drive. A good break in/ shake down trip.
Thank you sir. I appreciate it.
Remember the owner's manual says not to exceed 55 mph for first 300 miles. Why take a chance at messing up your engine/transmission exceeding factory recommendation by going well over that?

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Remember the owner's manual says not to exceed 55 mph for first 300 miles. Why take a chance at messing up your engine/transmission exceeding factory recommendation by going well over that?
Where? I saw this in the manual:

Drive moderately during the first 300 miles (500 km). After
the initial 60 miles (100 km), speeds up to 50 or 55 mph (80
or 90 km/h) are desirable.
While cruising, brief full-throttle acceleration within the
limits of local traffic laws contributes to a good break-in.
Wide-open throttle acceleration in low gear can be detri-
mental and should be avoided.
I didn't read it as not to exceed 55mph. Am I misinterpreting? I would think if they didn't want you to exceed 55mph, they would be more explicit.
Sponsored