Finally got my ordered Jeep - HardTop Damaged

19SilverRubicon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Rubicon
when i went to pickup my 2019 Rubicon the bottom corner of my hardtop is cracked and chipped :( Dealer took pictures and sending them to Chrysler. I'm bummed

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Seems the dealer should be able to take the hardtop off another unsold Jeep on the lot and put it on yours to get you on your way.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Seems the dealer should be able to take the hardtop off another unsold Jeep on the lot and put it on yours to get you on your way.
Definitely! Tell your dealer you want another top (assuming you have a black one). It should be a no brainer. Now, a body colored one may be an issue. Good luck! :like:

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Its a black top, they took pictures of it and promised me it will be made right. They told me is Chrysler have any issues with it, they would swap it with one on lot
You should tell them to swap it out on the lot and figure it out with FCA later. It's not your fault your top was damaged, you shouldn't have to wait to make it right.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Sucks that it got damaged. But at least it sounds like an easy enough fix, and the dealer is doing the right thing. If the current top is still functional and not at risk of further damage to itself or to your Jeep, I would probably give the dealer a couple weeks to get a new top in. Longer than that, I may want a top from another Jeep. Maybe the dealership or Jeep can compensate you for the experience with some discounted parts (Mopar Molle Bags/Tailgate Table/etc).

If you got the 2 door, I can see why a dealer would be reluctant to swap tops with something on the lot, around here there aren't many two doors on the lots to swap with.

Rocstar

First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2014 JK
Occupation
Technical Writer
The top on mine was messed up when I bought my Jeep. It had streaks through the black "paint" and under the windows was still white like they forgot to spray there before installing the windows. It took me 5 months but I finally got a new top. The dealer had to have the factory send a new one, they wouldn't give me one off the lot.

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
I feel your pain. My Stingray was delivered from Texas to Oklahoma and showed up with one key, window swotswitin the rear did not work and a scratch all across the driver rear bumper like someone hit a guard rail. That was 11.30 nothing received this far...

OP
OP
19SilverRubicon

19SilverRubicon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Rubicon
i'm going to give the dealership a few weeks, and if there is no updates, i will get them to give me another Top off anther 2 door Jeep

Sponsored

mlawdawg

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKUR, 99 TJ
As a general rule, never accept delivery until AFTER they fix the issue. At a minimum, you should get them to acknowledge in writing that they will specifically remedy the issue in a specific way within a specific time, i.e. provide you with a new top, not a used or refurbished one. In no way should you let them off the hook and get you to take delivery/pay before that. I understand the disappointment after waiting for the delivery, but sometimes you just have to be patient. As you took it, I would be the squeaky wheel, contact Jeep customer service and do whatever you can so they don't forget you.

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
Folks, it is not YOUR Jeep until you sign the paperwork and pay for it. If the vehicle does not meet your expectations, don't complete the transaction.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
As a general rule, never accept delivery until AFTER they fix the issue. At a minimum, you should get them to acknowledge in writing that they will specifically remedy the issue in a specific way within a specific time, i.e. provide you with a new top, not a used or refurbished one. In no way should you let them off the hook and get you to take delivery/pay before that. I understand the disappointment after waiting for the delivery, but sometimes you just have to be patient. As you took it, I would be the squeaky wheel, contact Jeep customer service and do whatever you can so they don't forget you.
Agreed

In this situation I personally wouldn’t have left without the dealer yanking one off one of the ones in inventory. It’s no sweat off their back really the way I look at it and that would allow them to keep their customer on the road hassle free, happy and transaction closed.

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
Agreed

In this situation I personally wouldn’t have left without the dealer yanking one off one of the ones in inventory. It’s no sweat off their back really the way I look at it and that would allow them to keep their customer on the road hassle free, happy and transaction closed.
Actually, it is. The vehicle they are just "yank the top off of" is not theirs, it is the banks vehicle. While dealers sometimes will whore up an inventory unit, it is not advisable per their agreement with whomever holds their floorplan.
Sponsored