First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
Occupation
Data Engineer / Application Developer
Quick Question: My dealer said they put in the order on 8/30. When I asked how I get updates, he said the factory will email me. How long does it take to get updates (VON, VIN, etc) after you order? Just curious if I should pester him tomorrow or wait until Tuesday for the long weekend. Also- I have a digital pic of my order, have to pick up the physical copy on Tuesday when I'm down in that area again- is there a VON on the build order sheet? Never ordered a vehicle before, so I too am pleading ignorance like OP.
When they place the order there will be a VON associated with it.
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Thanks. I just checked and it looks like the picture sent was before he placed the order (just the quote), so the VON on the sheet is blank. I'll follow up tomorrow and Tuesday. Anyone know if we can use a tracking tool with just the VON or do we need to wait until the VIN populates?

This is what I get for ordering before a long weekend.
<sigh>
At least I'll be at work. That should definitely keep me distracted and not want to compulsively check my email every 5 minutes.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Quick Question: My dealer said they put in the order on 8/30. When I asked how I get updates, he said the factory will email me. How long does it take to get updates (VON, VIN, etc) after you order? Just curious if I should pester him tomorrow or wait until Tuesday for the long weekend. Also- I have a digital pic of my order, have to pick up the physical copy on Tuesday when I'm down in that area again- is there a VON on the build order sheet? Never ordered a vehicle before, so I too am pleading ignorance like OP.
No, the factory won't email you (at least with many updates). You either need to hit up Jeep Chat on jeep.com or sign up for a premium membership on jeepgarage.org and provide them your VIN (once you get it). Your dealer should give you the VON.

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
No, the factory won't email you (at least with many updates). You either need to hit up Jeep Chat on jeep.com or sign up for a premium membership on jeepgarage.org and provide them your VIN (once you get it). Your dealer should give you the VON.
Wait do Jeep send you any emails at all when you place an order? I placed my order yesterday and received the VON from my sales person the same day, but I never received any emails from Jeep. Did anyone receive any emails from Jeep about their orders?

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I call this number to get updates.
1-866-362-2146

Disclaimers
No, I have not read all the pages of the post.
Yes, I am sure this number has been post before.

Sponsored

caitlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there an actual website that Jeep provides that we can enter in the VON and/or VIN to track the progress of the build?

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Last edited:

NYJeepFan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Contacted Jeep chat again this am said I am in G status !!! Excited below I cut and pasted from our conversation. Ordered 9/14 JLUR, infortainment, color hardtop & fenders, 3.6 V6 auto, cold weather, Led's

James
Looks like the build is moving down the line at the moment. Currently sitting in Trim as per the file. No listed ETA for delivery to dealer on the file as yet. Last update was posted as of: 10/31/2018.

9:51:25 AM
Me
Thats great news us there a status code for that? Thanks

9:51:44 AM
James
Glad to hear it. You must be very excited! Glad I could brighten your day.

9:51:58 AM
Me
Thanks James last question now that in trim is there a updated status code?

9:52:24 AM
James
Thank you for choosing FCA! And you are most welcome. Yes the status code for the Trim department is "G".

9:52:41 AM
Me
Awesome have a great day and thanks for the help

9:52:55 AM
James
you too.

9:52:57 AM

Gary_S

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Mojito Green - 2019 JL Wranger Sahara Billet Silver
KZM: First rail departure vs KZT: Second rail departure. What is the difference?

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
KZM: First rail departure vs KZT: Second rail departure. What is the difference?
I want to know also, kzt is 2nd departure from Toledo? or does it mean that it left the first train stop on its way from toledo?

Sponsored

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
A guy at Jeep chat told me that the car comes on two different rail cars, I don’t see how that’s even possible unless it’s on the rail car when it’s not fully built yet, you might want to reach out to the dealership to clarify that piece! :)

Gary_S

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A guy at Jeep chat told me that the car comes on two different rail cars, I don’t see how that’s even possible unless it’s on the rail car when it’s not fully built yet, you might want to reach out to the dealership to clarify that piece! :)

Actually picked it up today, This Jeep is the wife's. She has a 2019 Billet Silver Sahara and I have a 2018 Mojito Sahara.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Actually picked it up today, This Jeep is the wife's. She has a 2019 Billet Silver Sahara and I have a 2018 Mojito Sahara.
Congradulations! :) that's super exciting! That's awesome you guys have his and hers vehicles! I went with the two door since it's just my pug and I for the time being lol do you both have the unlimited trim or the two door JLs? Super awesome she finally got hers today though! I can't wait to make the drive to Idaho to get mine!

Gary_S

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congradulations! :) that's super exciting! That's awesome you guys have his and hers vehicles! I went with the two door since it's just my pug and I for the time being lol do you both have the unlimited trim or the two door JLs? Super awesome she finally got hers today though! I can't wait to make the drive to Idaho to get mine!

Here you go Jeeprubicongurl.

49938915_2966833340009002_6325742315902074880_n.jpg