The Dummies Guide to JL Ordering Status

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl unlimited rubicon
Could anyone tell me if we are in D1 status, does that mean we are clear of any parts restrictions/shortages? It my understanding D1 means parts are all ready, and it's in line to be built. Allnewwrangler told me a potential build week date of next week. Thanks.
Sponsored

achaffee86

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Could anyone tell me if we are in D1 status, does that mean we are clear of any parts restrictions/shortages? It my understanding D1 means parts are all ready, and it's in line to be built. Allnewwrangler told me a potential build week date of next week. Thanks.
I believe that's the case. I order my JLUR on 6/23 and moved to D1 status on 7/14. Today I found out i'm in KZ L Status. Super stoked!

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl unlimited rubicon
I believe that's the case. I order my JLUR on 6/23 and moved to D1 status on 7/14. Today I found out i'm in KZ L Status. Super stoked!
Thanks for letting me know..although I have delivered since then. I can say that I was built, inspected, shipped and delivered in 2 weeks. So D1 for me did infact mean all parts ready and it was in line for build. Build took 1-2 days.

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango R/T, 2007 Mercedes R63 AMG
Looks like mine is also on the fast track to my garage! Ordered 7/19 middle of the day. Vin on 7/20 and D1 on 7/24. Guess I better expect an August delivery when I was initially expecting September.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Looks like mine is also on the fast track to my garage! Ordered 7/19 middle of the day. Vin on 7/20 and D1 on 7/24. Guess I better expect an August delivery when I was initially expecting September.
Just got an email from Jeep:
Ordered 8/21
VON 8/21
VIN 8/23
D1 8/23

:surprised:

Sponsored

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Ordered 8/21
VON 8/21
VIN 8/23
D1 8/23

@shacdaddy , @Thrive (Kevin), if you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd be interested in knowing if either of your orders involved what I'll call more complex builds: things rarely ordered on the JL and/or that take time for FCA to latch on the rig.

Sharing with you insight as to where I'm going with this line of questioning, I wonder if FCA has gotten to a point in their JL production cycle where beyond supplying dealers with the non factory orders of popular showroom configurations, that factory orders have subdued, even if only slightly, to the point where they are making rigs in anticipation of factory orders based upon historical data on want people want.

If so, and it may well not be, we could see this impacting outfits like Bestop stopping for a "second" to take a breath of fresh air from the "all hands on deck" effort of producing OEM soft tops, and retooling somewhat towards their aftermarket JL offerings.

Thanks.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
@shacdaddy , @Thrive (Kevin), if you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd be interested in knowing if either of your orders involved what I'll call more complex builds: things rarely ordered on the JL and/or that take time for FCA to latch on the rig.

Sharing with you insight as to where I'm going with this line of questioning, I wonder if FCA has gotten to a point in their JL production cycle where beyond supplying dealers with the non factory orders of popular showroom configurations, that factory orders have subdued, even if only slightly, to the point where they are making rigs in anticipation of factory orders based upon historical data on want people want.

If so, and it may well not be, we could see this impacting outfits like Bestop stopping for a "second" to take a breath of fresh air from the "all hands on deck" effort of producing OEM soft tops, and retooling somewhat towards their aftermarket JL offerings.

Thanks.
To start, my dealer *claims* that he expedited my order given the previous purchase snafu I posted about on a different thread.

My JL order is:

4-door, Sting-Gray, black hard top, black leather, LED group, steel bumper group, tow group, cold weather, upgraded floor mats, headliner, infotainment group, body color fenders, upgraded wheels w/ the polished lip....I think that's about it.

UCF Knights

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Sting Grey, MB C63 AMG, Range Rover Sport
Ordered 8/21
VON 8/21
VIN 8/23
D1 8/23

Email from Jeep you say. I've received nothing from Jeep, I have to call the dealer for all updates. He did say he thought I would receive e-mails because I address is correct on the order.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray

Sponsored

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango R/T, 2007 Mercedes R63 AMG

Thanks.
I doubt mine was prebuilt. I chose many options on the Sahara platform but did NOT get leather or the 8.4 screen which seem to be found on every Sahara. My order came so fast and my business got pushed back a couple months so I passed on the build and will order a 19 which should come in when I open up shop.

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.
To start, my dealer *claims* that he expedited my order given the previous purchase snafu I posted about on a different thread.

My JL order is:

4-door, Sting-Gray, black hard top, black leather, LED group, steel bumper group, tow group, cold weather, upgraded floor mats, headliner, infotainment group, body color fenders, upgraded wheels w/ the polished lip....I think that's about it.
Almost exactly like my order Unlimited Rubicon, sans the headliner.... add the Safety Group, Proximity...

Ordered/VON: 8/16
VIN/D1: 8/18
I: 8/26
Built pending inspection: 08/26/18 06:10:00 PM

Last edited:

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
I'm KZS today but still can't see the sticker. Anyone know what status you need to be for sticker?

Update: Sticker showed up now :)

Last edited:

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Quick Question: My dealer said they put in the order on 8/30. When I asked how I get updates, he said the factory will email me. How long does it take to get updates (VON, VIN, etc) after you order? Just curious if I should pester him tomorrow or wait until Tuesday for the long weekend. Also- I have a digital pic of my order, have to pick up the physical copy on Tuesday when I'm down in that area again- is there a VON on the build order sheet? Never ordered a vehicle before, so I too am pleading ignorance like OP.
Sponsored