Diode Dynamics LED Mod

ciroval5

First Name
Ciro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I installed today without resistors, and the system says the lights are off. I have the resistors, but I was investigating how to install them correctly. I will try to do it tomorrow.
IMG_5518.JPG
thumbnail_IMG_5513.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5514.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5515.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5517.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5523.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepneck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepnecks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
Occupation
Real Estate Professional
Vehicle Showcase

dwc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport-S
It may be possible, but it's not something we've looked into. I know the Challenger's DRLs are configurable via the dash. You can turn the inner amber LED DRLs off & on with the dash.

Nick C.
I have a JL Sport S, and have succeeded in turning on "always on" Daytime running lights via the Z-Automotive programming unit. using this programmer, I selected the turn signal lights/parking lights as the DRL. This programming tool lets you choose whether you are running standard lighting or LED bulbs, seperately for each individual set of exterior lights you have running on the jeep - so I set it to the Turn Signals as the DRL, selected LED type bulbs on, and inserted these Diode Dynamics bulbs - then turned the ignition on and the only thing I got was an 1 tone amber color! They blinked on and off when the turn signal lever was depressed left or right, and certainly are nice and bright, but there was no switch back functionality at all for some reason. They start as amber and stay amber - so I turned the lighting back to standard with the programmer and immediately got the hyper blink on the dash, but still - only had an amber color, with no white color showing at all. I then rotated the bulb in the socket 180* but it made no difference, so I am returning them (ebay seller, offerring Diode Dynamics Switchbacks). I did look closely at these bulbs and the LED row on them don't even appear to have any white LED squares at all - just yellow, and amber squares. You would think there would be 50% rows of white, but there are none. Any idea what is going on here with these or why they don't work for me? I'd like to use them, but maybe they are not compatible with the Z-Automotive programmer?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! If possible, go ahead give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and my service team will be more than happy to troubleshoot this.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I installed today without resistors, and the system says the lights are off. I have the resistors, but I was investigating how to install them correctly. I will try to do it tomorrow.
IMG_5518.JPG
thumbnail_IMG_5513.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5514.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5515.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5517.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5523.jpg
Any update here? Do they work with DRL’s?

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
6-8 weeks for the Headlight kit? Ouch...

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
How did you fit the LED bulbs on the DRL slot? Mine won't clip in, and therefore, won't turn on when I turn the car on. Extremely frustrating...

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
How did you fit the LED bulbs on the DRL slot? Mine won't clip in, and therefore, won't turn on when I turn the car on. Extremely frustrating...
What do you mean clip in? The bulbs are the same size as the factory halogen bulbs. Pull out the halogen bulb, replace with new bulb.

Sponsored

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
What do you mean clip in? The bulbs are the same size as the factory halogen bulbs. Pull out the halogen bulb, replace with new bulb.
The new ones don’t “clip” in on my Sahara, and therefore aren’t turning on...