Sponsored

Has anyone used System X ceramic paint protection?

Jorian610

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
I have only found one detailer in my area (Battle Creek, MI) that does ceramic coating. He uses System X from Element 119 which looks like a good product used by many well known companies. I am wondering if anyone has used this coating and what they think of it. Looking at fabric protection and glass as well.
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I have only found one detailer in my area (Battle Creek, MI) that does ceramic coating. He uses System X from Element 119 which looks like a good product used by many well known companies. I am wondering if anyone has used this coating and what they think of it. Looking at fabric protection and glass as well.
How about wax ?

OP
OP
Jorian610

Jorian610

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
I want something a little more permanent. I know wax is good, but in Michigan winters it is hard to keep it clean when you can't wash it every week. I am hoping for something a regular touchless car wash can keep clean during the winter. Picking my Rubi up tomorrow and right to the detailer for coating. Stay tuned for my initial review of the coating.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I want something a little more permanent. I know wax is good, but in Michigan winters it is hard to keep it clean when you can't wash it every week. I am hoping for something a regular touchless car wash can keep clean during the winter. Picking my Rubi up tomorrow and right to the detailer for coating. Stay tuned for my initial review of the coating.
Please let us know your evaluation .

J-Dub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4Xe Rubicon
System X does not have an accreditation process, they pretty much hand them out to anyone that applies (I know this first hand). I got a sample of their product about 2 years ago and it wasn't as durable as claimed. I would look into a more reputable and widely used coating such as Gtechniq, CQuartz Finest or CeramicPro. I personally use Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra so I am biased towards that, but any of the above are great options.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jorian610

Jorian610

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
System X does not have an accreditation process, they pretty much hand them out to anyone that applies (I know this first hand). I got a sample of their product about 2 years ago and it wasn't as durable as claimed. I would look into a more reputable and widely used coating such as Gtechniq, CQuartz Finest or CeramicPro. I personally use Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra so I am biased towards that, but any of the above are great options.
Thanks for the info. I noticed the company, Element 119, has passed many qualifications for aerospace and marine companies. I guess the accreditation is potentially suspect, but with a lifetime warranty when applied to new vehicles I am giving it a try. I verified the installer with the company. I pick it up tomorrow and will let you know how I like it.

OP
OP
Jorian610

Jorian610

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
I picked up my jeep today and just love bright shine and super smooth surface. The fenders, bumpers and top are coated too.

FB_IMG_1538699603080.jpg

FB_IMG_1538699673902.jpg

FB_IMG_1538700563526.jpg

OP
OP
Jorian610

Jorian610

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
If it doesn't work , does the warranty give you a new bottle of stuff , or a new Jeep ?
I am pleased with the finish. Warranty looks solid. They have been in the coating business for over 10 years. Certified with Boeing, almost every automaker, Sikorsky, Bombardier and more...

From their web site:
Element 119 warrants that with the proper application of System X™ Paint Protection by an Element 119 approved installer; your vehicle’s paint finish will remain protected against:

Oxidation
Loss of gloss
UV Damage
Bug impacts
Color fading
Acid rain
Paint chalking

If any treated paint is shown to be adversely affected from exposure to these conditions or through normal use, as evidenced by a visible loss of paint gloss or intractable stain, and providing that all of the terms of this warranty have been met, then such conditions will be remedied free of charge by Element 119, regional distributor and / or its authorized installers, who reserve the right to attempt repairs through professional surface reconditioning / polishing before repainting the damaged area.

Sponsored

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
I picked up my jeep today and just love bright shine and super smooth surface. The fenders, bumpers and top are coated too.

FB_IMG_1538699603080.jpg

FB_IMG_1538699673902.jpg

FB_IMG_1538700563526.jpg
How much did it cost? I’m in Chicago and was considering ceramic, and Xpel protect on painted flares and door sills

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
I am pleased with the finish. Warranty looks solid. They have been in the coating business for over 10 years. Certified with Boeing, almost every automaker, Sikorsky, Bombardier and more...

From their web site:
Element 119 warrants that with the proper application of System X™ Paint Protection by an Element 119 approved installer; your vehicle’s paint finish will remain protected against:

Oxidation
Loss of gloss
UV Damage
Bug impacts
Color fading
Acid rain
Paint chalking

If any treated paint is shown to be adversely affected from exposure to these conditions or through normal use, as evidenced by a visible loss of paint gloss or intractable stain, and providing that all of the terms of this warranty have been met, then such conditions will be remedied free of charge by Element 119, regional distributor and / or its authorized installers, who reserve the right to attempt repairs through professional surface reconditioning / polishing before repainting the damaged area.
I'm having mine done tomorrow. Just curious if you had both the outside and inside done and what it cost? One of the reasons I love my Mojito color is the shine. Hoping this will keep it that way.

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Sahara JL, 14' MB E550,13' S6 , 07' Ram 2500
Occupation
AMT
I had mine done in April with Opti-coat Pro. I love the results. Its kinda pricey around me (NoVa). I paid $1399 for the whole exterior. my favorite part is the wheels being done, you can hose off brake dust without touching it, its pretty amazing.

OP
OP
Jorian610

Jorian610

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
How much did it cost? I’m in Chicago and was considering ceramic, and Xpel protect on painted flares and door sills
Was about $1000 for inside, paint, glass, wheels, roof, and fenders.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Was about $1000 for inside, paint, glass, wheels, roof, and fenders.
thanks, but for that i will probably do Xpel on most of the jeep...depends on what the wifey wants. she's not very convinced on the ceramic coating. Xpel we have on the VETT
Sponsored