swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I love anvil! Wish that or Filson green was available. I’d like to do one of those with a white hard top.
I don't know how Jeep softops hold up but after 2 years a car I had with a white convertible top looked absolutely terrible, had to replace it before selling it

edit: And it was mostly garaged except for when at work, etc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I don't know how Jeep softops hold up but after 2 years a car I had with a white convertible top looked absolutely terrible, had to replace it before selling it

edit: And it was mostly garaged except for when at work, etc
I meant a white painted hard top. Kind of like the old discoveries.

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Sting Gray showing availablity late on Build and price.

8A840343-29B7-4863-BF07-D4A9ACF538A9.png

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Sting Gray is nice! Glad it doesn't look like primer grey...lol. Just wish the Rubicon stock wheels were black as seen with press Jeeps and JLs at the auto shows!

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Problem is the colors on the web are never really close as to what they look like in person so as nice as that pic looks, it looks nothing like that "live" destroyer gray car.

Gangreen

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 ZJ 5.9 & 18 JLUR

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It looks better than Destroyer Gray! But it's just the rendering. I am pretty confident it will look just like Destroyer Gray. My local dealer has a few Dodge's in that color I may check out over the break.

But I'm pretty sold. I would prefer something a little darker but I could never warm up to the metallic undertones of Granite. Sometimes it looks awesome but sometimes it doesn't. And I like the Anvil/Rhino flatter colors.

Gangreen

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 ZJ 5.9 & 18 JLUR
But I'm pretty sold. I would prefer something a little darker but I could never warm up to the metallic undertones of Granite. Sometimes it looks awesome but sometimes it doesn't. And I like the Anvil/Rhino flatter colors.
Same here, but the wife doesn't want to wait so Granite it is! Can always dip it later, I guess.

Sponsored

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Yes, go to a dodge dealer to check out destroyer gray before you order.....plus you can see granite, billet silver side-by-side. After doing this I am going with granite. Personally, I wish destroyer gray was just a shade darker but I get the appeal.

mid_south_rzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford F-150 V8 4x2 & 2011 Jeep WK2 V6 4x4
Destroyer Gray/Sting-Gray (PDN) is going to look go on the Wrangler, specially with black fenders and top, and add a flat or semi black hood decal or painted hood. But I have to agree, it need to be a shade darker gray. I'm not a fan of Rhino (PSQ), it wasn't a good replacement for Anvil. But I do like Anvil (PDS) or Gobi (PUA). But I would like to see Dodge's F8 Green (PFQ) or Jeep's Olive Green (PFP) adding to the Wrangler/Scrambler lineup.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Destroyer Gray/Sting-Gray (PDN) is going to look go on the Wrangler, specially with black fenders and top, and add a flat or semi black hood decal or painted hood. But I have to agree, it need to be a shade darker gray. I'm not a fan of Rhino (PSQ), it wasn't a good replacement for Anvil. But I do like Anvil (PDS) or Gobi (PUA). But I would like to see Dodge's F8 Green (PFQ) or Jeep's Olive Green (PFP) adding to the Wrangler/Scrambler lineup.
I agree. I was planning to get the alternate Sport S granite wheels but now I am wondering if I should hold off and get black aftermarket wheels instead.

Or I may get a satin black grill. I think the lighter colors look good with black accents.
Sponsored