Sponsored

2018 Wish List

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
3.0 Eco Diesel and Manual Transmission, no desire for the 8spd auto.
Metallic paint options, Grey, Blue, Green etc. optional military grade paint options / i.e. Field Grey, Green etc.
Sponsored

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between Wranglers right now
Please give us factory gear ratio options of 4.56 or 4.88. I know these are always available in aftermarket but nothing beats cheaper factory options that are covered under warranty.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
0. 20+ speaker HARMON KARDON premium audio system with pillar-mounted tweeters, a central channel subwoofer, very durable speaker materials, and state of the art parametric touchscreen EQ, and subtle, realistic surround. At least 5.1 or preferably 7.1 cinematic 24bit, 192khz audio capability. With full iTunes / Apple iPhone Edition/X/8 (sept.2017) compatibility from the jump.

1. 4-cyl Diesel engine, or at least a small 6-cyl diesel. No turbo please. With none other than Shaq Diesel in web-ad campaign lol

2. 3-sunroof, 3-panel, 6-piece removable roof all stow-and-go in rear trunk area, similar to what was pictured on proposed clay model, and 3-sunroof, non-power soft-top option as well.

3. "SAFARI GLASS" Option on all models, to have all windows and sunroof panels on vehicle UNTINTED/clear.

4. FCA's legendary "Stow and go" rear seating areas, to maximize storage space. Or even better, fully removable rear seating, with a perfectly flat floor underneath, and stock option perfect cut/fit, snap-in memory foam "mattresses" to fit in this area for hookups/rest.

5. Removable doors which are faster/easier to remove than the JK/JK, soft door options too!

6. Largest street tire and off road tire options available on all models

7. Monochrome paint options on all models including running boards/side steps/fenders/bumpers/front skid plate

8. Grab handles and running boards able to support 250-275lb grown men hanging on/standing on while driving.

9. Stock pop-up camper option with air mattress, adding less than 5" total height.

10. Waterproof seating option in most popular exterior colors (black/white/sand/red/etc). Heated and air-cooled luxury perforated-leather seating option.

11. LED piped accent ambient lighting with sexy new interior lines, as well as LED lighting under hood, in footwells, and LED puddle lights on bottoms of doors.

12. Front 8.4" screen to play DVD's while in park, with an unofficial option to "hack" VIM-code to play DVD while in motion, just like my BMW 750li's have always had.
Edited.
Cannot believe I forgot the HARMON KARDON that exceeds the Grand Cherokee.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
jkbling.jpg

Just NO.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
ten-ways-to-trick-out-your-jeep-leads.jpg

This has all the bleeding edge tech a real Jeep needs.

Though it is missing a co-pilot. DropTopGal?

Sponsored

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Now that we've seen there's vents behind the fenders, I wish they actually do something and aren't just decorative. Can't stand the nonfunctional fender 'vents' you see on other cars.

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between Wranglers right now
Now that we've seen there's vents behind the fenders, I wish they actually do something and aren't just decorative. Can't stand the nonfunctional fender 'vents' you see on other cars.
I'm sure they'll be functional. If there's one car that's utilitarian in design it's the Wrangler lol.

I must have half doors with decent uppers.
I'd love to see something like these clear full/half doors ("windoors") on the Jeep Safari Concept. Maybe this will give some idea to the aftermarket to make an equivalent. You get the open air feel without the downsides and completely removable if you want to feel the air too.

jeep-safari-concept-03.jpg
jeep-safari-concept-05.jpg

Ernie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
I'm sure they'll be functional. If there's one car that's utilitarian in design it's the Wrangler lol.
You would think so but if I'm not mistaken the current Rubicon hood vent is not functional unless you cut it. I guess it all depends what the fender vent is for whether more for aero or actually for engine cooling.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
You would think so but if I'm not mistaken the current Rubicon hood vent is not functional unless you cut it. I guess it all depends what the fender vent is for whether more for aero or actually for engine cooling.
You're mistaken, it is functional it's just not a giant hole, thus limiting debris and strsight water access. It's channeled so that water flows down through gaps around the engine, and though the hole is small about the size of a dollar coin, it is right behind the radiator to reduce dead spots and back pressure, they work best in motion, helping to draw air up as the fins create negative pressure thanks to the Bernoulli effect. It minor,compared to completely open, but better than closed, and a balance in the middle.

People want bigger holes so that it works better while stopped or crawling, and like most things you can mod the stock to make it more suitable for specific applications beyond the stock configuration. However it is functional, not just cosmetic, I have 2 sets, stock for Winter and moded open for summer.

Likely the fender vents will be similar. As mentioned before their function is either to reduce air resistance in the wheel well or promote air flow through the engine bay. If it were just cosmetic it would actually have a negative drag impact on aerodynamics and that's definitely a step in the wrong direction for the redesign.

Could be cosmetic like the MOAB/COD hood, but I doubt it. As with everything we'll just have to wait and see.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I know I'm getting a lot of my wishlist:

- Easy full soft top, preferably powered
- Apple CarPlay
- backup camera
- lighter removable doors
- secure trunk area
- Led headlights
- factory 285/17 all terrain tires
- side mirrors mounted so they can be used without doors
- modernized dash/interior
- rain-proof and hoseable electronics
- more adjustable rear seats
- better gas mileage
- manual transmission
- side airbags standard

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I know what I don't want... 14 versions like there are for the JK. Makes my head spin.
  1. Sport
  2. Sport S
  3. Willys Wheeler
  4. Big Bear
  5. Freedom Edition
  6. Willys Wheeler W
  7. Sahara
  8. Rubicon
  9. Smoky Mountain
  10. Chief
  11. 75th Anniversary Edition
  12. Winter
  13. Rubicon Hard Rock
  14. Rubicon Recon

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
I know what I don't want... 14 versions like there are for the JK. Makes my head spin.
  1. Sport
  2. Sport S
  3. Willys Wheeler
  4. Big Bear
  5. Freedom Edition
  6. Willys Wheeler W
  7. Sahara
  8. Rubicon
  9. Smoky Mountain
  10. Chief
  11. 75th Anniversary Edition
  12. Winter
  13. Rubicon Hard Rock
  14. Rubicon Recon
I don't mind all the different versions. Yea it's confusing to keep track how each model/edition is different or special but it also lets us owners differentiate our specific model/edition from other 200k Wranglers sold per year and 2 million sold over the entire model life. Plus, some of the special editions have some really cool upgrades and looks (yeah, others not so much). :involve:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
My wish list is better quality. This would include the following:
  • Balljoints not made of plastic
  • Headlights that actually, you know, show light
  • Throw-out bearings that last longer than the drive from the dealership to your home
  • Trackbar mount welds that are stronger than paper mache
  • Soft top windows that don't scratch when you look at them
  • Sway bar disconnect motor that doesn't eat it when it gets mud on it
  • Suspension bolts with shoulders so that threads don't wallow out mounting holes
Sponsored