Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Better shock options will be coming from all the major manufacturers to help improve scores if that is a major concern. You could use a fair amount more of droop as per our specs, and without bump stops you are compressing the springs a good amount which will cause any coil installed to buckle more than normal for sure, but we have not seen one jeep on their trailer or in the real world not have the coil bow when it under heavy compression. That is 100% normal in all Jeep applications. We have 100% confidence that once your rig is dialed in it will be awesome on the street and and the trails.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Better shock options will be coming from all the major manufacturers to help improve scores if that is a major concern. You could use a fair amount more of droop as per our specs, and without bump stops you are compressing the springs a good amount which will cause any coil installed to buckle more than normal for sure, but we have not seen one jeep on their trailer or in the real world not have the coil bow when it under heavy compression. That is 100% normal in all Jeep applications. We have 100% confidence that once your rig is dialed in it will be awesome on the street and and the trails.
I was fully expecting springs to bow, just wasnt expecting the spring to start compressing under the frame. It didnt do that on the ramp, so may have been just a fluke occurance.

Obviously the score will also be affected by me running 35s instead of 37s, which would give the score a boost of 50-60 points. So, it'd be a fair assumption that with 37s and 3 inch bumps the score would be around 840-850. Not a bad score by any means.

I cant base anything on what will be released, only what IS released. The uptravel on my current shocks, which are on the short end of the spectrum, do not bottom out before the stock bumps are hit. They are, however, hitting their limit on downtravel. As you can see from the pic above, with 1.75 inch spacers on stock wheels, the 35s tuck rather nicely under the fenders without hitting them.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
We understand completely.

An 850 on 37's is a respectable score. We personally like the 3.5" with 37's on Rubi's if you are not removing the inner fenders. Our "Maximizing" the 3.5" on the Rubi comes with 38's and full fenders or removed inner fenders and 40's. We really feel the new Dana 44's will hold up well to 38's. 40's - well that will be debatable, but they did do well for all the rigs in Moab that had them.

There is still a lot to learn on the JL and JLU and we are very confident that aftermarket will start filling in the holes....

Good luck with your continued effort the maximize the potential of your JLUR...

RK

rtdwild

First Name
Artin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I wish some others with same lift can post some photos! I have my 3.5 adventure 3 on order with kings adjustable shocks....BUT this post is making me worry and giving second thoughts as I really don't want to be less than 3.5 gain..
I really want to believe Fizzlepop's kit came with wrong springs. RK kits have really proven themselves to be in top of the line category kits but I totally agree with Fisslepop that if I'm paying for 3.5 Want to get 3.5 since every 1/8" counts off road.

This post also confused me and I'd Like RK to clear it:
JLU 3.5 springs are new or are the same as your JK springs? I placed my order at 4wheelparts and I do remember the guy mentioning it's the same spring as JK but then I see different part#s

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I wish some others with same lift can post some photos! I have my 3.5 adventure 3 on order with kings adjustable shocks....BUT this post is making me worry and giving second thoughts as I really don't want to be less than 3.5 gain..
I really want to believe Fizzlepop's kit came with wrong springs. RK kits have really proven themselves to be in top of the line category kits but I totally agree with Fisslepop that if I'm paying for 3.5 Want to get 3.5 since every 1/8" counts off road.

JLU 3.5 springs are new or are the same as your JK springs? I placed my order at 4wheelparts and I do remember the guy mentioning it's the same spring as JK but then I see different part#s
They are the same springs used in the jk, i was confused with part numbers as well with mine. All i could gather is the part number difference is a “package deal” part number for springs with correction pads. However my 2.5 xfactor ended up giving me about a 1/4” over my spacers on my Sport in the front.

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
They are the same springs used in the jk, i was confused with part numbers as well with mine. All i could gather is the part number difference is a “package deal” part number for springs with correction pads. However my 2.5 xfactor ended up giving me about a 1/4” over my spacers on my Sport in the front.
How was the rear?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)

Every JL we have done to date has been .2 to .3" of lift over nominal. That is exactly what we are expecting on a JLUR. We don't want to be too high or too low. If you are comparing our lift heights to others that are no where near their nominal lift height, then that is just not an accurate comparison obviously. The new white one we have at the office achieved exactly that number on our 2.5 setup. The ride, handling and performance is on point in our opinion, but we have not heard one negative comment regarding our ride quality yet and we have tons of JLU systems out there already. They are flying out of here as fast as we can make them. Faster than our spring suppliers can keep up with actually. LOL. We hope you enjoy it...

RK

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door

I would say that if there was any company in this industry that you can put your trust in, it would be RK. Theyve proven their engineering and products as well as customer service for years. Fizzlepop's issues seem to have numerous confounding variables that are resulting in his situation. Safest thing to do would probably be to call up one of their techs and give them all the info they need to ensure youve ordered the correct length shocks bump stops etc.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Thank you sir. We will continue to help Fizzlepop as well. Once we get some bump stops in there that will take care of his exhaust to rear track bar clearance issue with no problems at all. As more shocks come to the market place including our twin tubes and 2.25 RRD Racing Shocks with offset tops and bottoms, there will be better options for him to dial in his rig further! We would love to see him upsize his tires and maybe toss some offset wheels on it, but to each their own...

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
How was the rear?
Im sitting at 12.5 in the front from lower spring perch to upper bucket edge lip, rear is at 9.75 from lower axle bumpstop pad to bottom of frame. I dont remember what I had in the rear before hand unfortunatly, sorry.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
How was the rear?
From the ground to the bottom fender lip i measure 39 1/2” in the rear and 39” in the front. Over stock in the rear was a 3” gain and 2.75” gain in the front

OP
OP

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I would say that if there was any company in this industry that you can put your trust in, it would be RK. Theyve proven their engineering and products as well as customer service for years. Fizzlepop's issues seem to have numerous confounding variables that are resulting in his situation. Safest thing to do would probably be to call up one of their techs and give them all the info they need to ensure youve ordered the correct length shocks bump stops etc.
As stated before, I've defended RK quite a few times in the RK/MC debate prior to the JL lifts. Also, to suggest that me not achieving 3.5 inches of lift is based on shock heights or bumpstops is ridiculous. I've provided ample evidence that something is wrong, and it always comes back to bumpstops. I'd love for you to explain how you came to the conclusion that my bumpstops and/or shocks are limiting my lift height.

Now, as for the rest of the "confounding variables", nothing I have done has caused any situation I am in. I spent $350 bucks having a reputable shop go over my install, readjust every single control control arm and trackbar, tighten and locktite it all as well. I have sent enough pictures to two shop owners to fill a high school yearbook.

Just because a company has a reputable past, doesnt mean the customer is automatically at fault. I'm fairly certain it doesnt take a ASE certified mechanic to swap out some springs and shocks.

OP
OP

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
From the ground to the bottom fender lip i measure 39 1/2” in the rear and 39” in the front. Over stock in the rear was a 3” gain and 2.75” gain in the front
I'm glad yours worked out for you. The intent of this post was to show MY experiences with my lift, not to say that all will experience the same.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
And you are far from done dialing in your vehicle and again, we are here to help.

We could understand your frustrations if the system part numbers you ordered showed the parts you think should be in there were shown and listed, but that is not the case. In our systems with shock images, the bump stops are shown and included. In the base systems they are not. Sorry, we do not include offset lower shock mounts, however we have a different solution on the way with our shocks and the Fox/Radflo units we have also seen have offsets built into them for the JL specifically. The JL is still a young platform and we are sure in time most companies parts will work very well together for the most part. Again, please feel free to reach out to us with any questions. Good luck with everyone's builds. Have a great weekend.

RK
Sponsored