Hothead Headliners

mysterywrasse

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I installed the full kit last weekend including the sound assassin strips.

They did nothing for me in terms of reducing highway road/wind noise. Not even 1 dB difference as measured on my phone dB app before/after.

I would say they are primarily cosmetic improvement with perhaps bit of thermal insulation.
For sound insulation, it did nothing for me.

At $500, it's certainly overpriced for what you get (bit of fabric/board/foam/sticky tape/strips of insulation).
Aftermarket is young for the JL so prices are high. It's perhaps worth $200-250 to me, Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't bite at $500.
Sponsored

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Ordered mine today w sound assasin strips. Will probably get them before my JL at this point but this will be the first thing I do!
Yep. I've been preordering everything while I'm waiting...

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi Everyone,
Hothead Headliners is starting their annual Memorial Day today. Head on over to our web site for the details and check out our hard top headliners for the JLU Wranglers. It's getting warm and our headliners will stop the heat that radiates from your hard top while quieting your overall ride and looking great.
More pictures & videos on the web site: Hothead Headliners
Call or email us with any questions: 714-872-2071 or [email protected]

JL.jpg

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi Everyone,
Hothead Headliner is having a 4th of July Sale. You can get 10% off all products by using the discount code JULY.
You can see pictures, videos & pricing at our web site: HOTHEAD HEADLINERS
If you have any questions please send us an email at: [email protected]

best regards,
Mark

460 x 290.jpg

JeepSerenity

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I live in West Texas currently, so summertime is 100+ degree heat and the wind blows all the F'ing time. I bought the Hothead Headliners and have not regretted it one bit. I bought the full kit for the JLU that comes with sound strips and the side panels and I feel it truly does make a difference keeping the interior cooler and you don't get burned if you touch the roof. The sound strips and the headliner does dull the wind/road noise but only slightly, however it makes the radio seem clearer. I fully recommend them even though they are expensive.

Sponsored

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Installed mine, headliner and Sound Assassin strips, over the weekend. Noticeable difference while driving around, but I was more impressed by the improvements it brought to the stereo. It got rid of a LOT of the bass distortion I was getting with the hard top on. Also, much better with helping the AC get everything cooled down in this heat.

I would definitely recommend.

PS, I painted the inside of my hardtop prior to installation and between the paint and headliner/sound deadening it's a completely different experience in my JL.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Installed mine, headliner and Sound Assassin strips, over the weekend. Noticeable difference while driving around, but I was more impressed by the improvements it brought to the stereo. It got rid of a LOT of the bass distortion I was getting with the hard top on. Also, much better with helping the AC get everything cooled down in this heat.

I would definitely recommend.

PS, I painted the inside of my hardtop prior to installation and between the paint and headliner/sound deadening it's a completely different experience in my JL.
Hi. Do you have any pictures of the sound Assassin strips? Thanks.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Hi. Do you have any pictures of the sound Assassin strips? Thanks.
They really aren't intreresting to look at, so I didn't take a picture of them. Now that the headliner is installed, they're hidden forever.

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
Has anyone sprayed the "white' of the top another color before installing the Hotheads? I'm thinking of matching the grey of my Mojito Rubicon dash in lieu of the white

Sponsored

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Just my .02 cents. I do not think they make a difference at all regarding noise. The noise is a function of wind and the design of the top and other vehicle noises. They do absolutely help with heating and cooling the inside of my wrangler and they look great and give the interior a finished appearance. I am happy with them and would suggest. I do wish they were less expensive but the MOPAR OEM are not cheap either.....

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
Has anyone sprayed the "white' of the top another color before installing the Hotheads? I'm thinking of matching the grey of my Mojito Rubicon dash in lieu of the white
I have seen some people paint the inside black and install the hotheads. It looks really clean and more finished IMO. Id link to them but dont remember which thread I saw them on. I havent seen anyone do other colors though.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Still debating.... $500 seems like a lot. I do like the look.
Agreed...after reading alot of reviews, it seems headliners are to improve aesthetics, possibly absorb some heat/inside acoustics, but dont help lower wind noise. At $500 each, one has to wonder why Hotheads hasnt referenced test results quantifying the benefits of using their product. I imagine it's because actual results arent statistically significant.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Here's a picture of mine installed. Also the light beige color headers..

20180710_182516.jpg

20180710_192646.jpg
Thanks. I was wondering what they were. What’s your thoughts so far on the headliners?
Sponsored