Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Hello there, unicorn Jeeples!! :)

I had the hard top trim piece rattle as well & slapped that baby back in place as soon as someone told me what it was last weekend! The command strips are a good idea for a fix! :like: I haven’t played with it yet to see what else may work.

What I have purchased most recently is the cheapest & one of my favorite mods. As someone who is overly annoyed by rattles & the like, the flapping rear seat belts had me losing my mind while driving topless this past weekend!

Ladies & gents, I present to you my $5.66 mod....
38720576-045E-42EF-AC54-664A8E3C9E43.jpeg

A roll of Velcro from Michael’s!!!:clap: The perfect solution! Holds down both straps when not in use, will hold down the bottom strap when in use, reusable & durable, plenty left over for future uses. :idea::rock::giggle:
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

I had the hard top trim piece rattle as well & slapped that baby back in place as soon as someone told me what it was last weekend! The command strips are a good idea for a fix! :like: I haven’t played with it yet to see what else may work.

What I have purchased most recently is the cheapest & one of my favorite mods. As someone who is overly annoyed by rattles & the like, the flapping rear seat belts had me losing my mind while driving topless this past weekend!

A roll of Velcro from Michael’s!!!:clap: The perfect solution! Holds down both straps when not in use, will hold down the bottom strap when in use, reusable & durable, plenty left over for future uses. :idea::rock::giggle:
Nice! I employed the same exact solution, except I chose red velcro to go with the red accents in my Rubi. It really works very well. No more annoying flap! http://a.co/4GzUNRs

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
It’s not their fault, but honestly it’s hard to see that posted here. I look at cryptostickers and still see Jan/Feb orders with half stickers still. Really shameful for FCA. I’m embarrassed to say my March order is almost here when I know others still waiting.
I just want to thank Clif and everyone who got their Jeeps for continuing to encourage and keep in touch. It means SO much, I hope y’all realize it. A heartfelt thank you!!!
Thank you. I wish I could do more than just support. The first builds and waits were
terrible feelings. And I say again you long waiters are doing much better than I could.
I would have bet money by July there would be no more Dec and Jan orders waiting.
And people getting 30 to 50 day orders you are very lucky and be happy. The long
wait I do not wish on anyone. Jeep has really let people down. I always said "Don't
blame your Dealer" but now is the time your Dealer steps up and gets your Wrangler !!

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma

Did the same thing today, but I used some GearTie Rubber Twist Ties

20180710_190535_resized.jpg

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't like the soft top bouncing around when it was down so I ended up using some flat bungee cords to hold it in place. Seems to be working good so far.

On a Side note I am loving this new soft top, so much easier to take off and on than my previous Jeeps.

20180710_190901_resized.jpg

20180710_190909_resized.jpg

Sponsored

Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
I’ve been missing in action because my mom has been in the hospital. She had a heart attack today. I am so behind on the posts. But I came home today and this was in the mail! It made me smile today!

E3C7F541-BA05-4C8D-AC42-2B6F356A32D0.jpeg
Hoping for the best for your mom.
I’ve been missing in action because my mom has been in the hospital. She had a heart attack today. I am so behind on the posts. But I came home today and this was in the mail! It made me smile today!

E3C7F541-BA05-4C8D-AC42-2B6F356A32D0.jpeg
best wishes for a speedy recovery for your mom!

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Thank you. I wish I could do more than just support. The first builds and waits were
terrible feelings. And I say again you long waiters are doing much better than I could.
I would have bet money by July there would be no more Dec and Jan orders waiting.
And people getting 30 to 50 day orders you are very lucky and be happy. The long
wait I do not wish on anyone. Jeep has really let people down. I always said "Don't
blame your Dealer" but now is the time your Dealer steps up and gets your Wrangler !!
I definitely blame FCA , but unfortunately they have us over a barrel. No other auto manufacturer makes a vehicle similar to a wrangler. If you want a fully convertible off road vehicle you only have one choice right now. I hope someone comes along and gives jeep some competition. It would be better for us jeep enthusiasts , force jeep to make better vehicle with better tech. at better prices.

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27

Would you let us know if it wears on the paint? I’ve done the same as well and wil post, too.
Thanks

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Nice! I employed the same exact solution, except I chose red velcro to go with the red accents in my Rubi. It really works very well. No more annoying flap! http://a.co/4GzUNRs
Thanks, may be just 6$, but addd up! Well this darn Amazon, check that order too!

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you let us know if it wears on the paint? I’ve done the same as well and wil post, too.
Thanks
That is why I went with the rubber twist ties, tried Velcro first and was afraid it would scratch the paint it if moved around when driving.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Thanks
The stuff I linked from amazon is super soft. Will not damage paint (and doesn’t move around, anyway).

jeep_doc

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-dr Rubicon (received 7/11/18)
Delivered to dealer late this afternoon! Had to work too late to pick-up. Will go get her tomorrow!!! 1 day short of 20 weeks when I pick her up

image1.jpeg

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR