2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
I agree, I check it at least 6-8 times, even if I know it’s not updated but 2-3 times usually. I thought the best part was when she was on the train, seeing the progress from Ohio to South Carolina. I felt part of it, and hoping she having fun with others of her kind!
Here's a tip You can add an extension to chrome so that page auto refreshes
https://www.wikihow.com/Auto-Refresh-in-Chrome
Sponsored

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Hello there unicorn Jeeples!!!:sun:
7AAA0B19-CF78-412A-8D8A-07D520654E68.jpeg

Been crazy busy lately & try to keep up when I can, but it’s not as often as I’d like.
Sending happy, positive, healing thoughts to all who need them! Can’t wait to see more delivery pics, share more stories & adventures, let the good times continue to roll!!!:like::jk::fist bump::involve:

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Morning all. This forum is good at spending my money, just ordered the red velcro for the belts. I need time to start installing all my purchases. I think I am going to diy, bedliner my metal bumpers, any suggestions on products

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Good morning everyone!

In my opinion, the hardest part of this order process is the final unload and waiting for your Jeep to get loaded on truck to dealer.

Waiting to get built was a pain, but you kinda knew what to expect and what you got yourself into. The train ride is kind of exciting because now it’s a real thing and you can see it move along, and the unload makes it all feel super real.

But waiting for it to load and head on to dealer, knowing your Jeep is just a few hours away.... for me this is where I became anxious!

I stopped by the dealership last night as I saw my first order parked up front on my ride to work and wanted another look at it. My sales rep was not in, but another one was chatting with me. He said it usually takes a week tops after they are unloaded to get to dealer, and normally they arrive on Weds or Thurs. He also went on how it takes time to do a full inspection, PDI, etc so who knows how much of this was BS. Have an appointment with my sales rep later today to go over some final details, hoping she has better info for me.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Good morning everyone!

In my opinion, the hardest part of this order process is the final unload and waiting for your Jeep to get loaded on truck to dealer.

Waiting to get built was a pain, but you kinda knew what to expect and what you got yourself into. The train ride is kind of exciting because now it’s a real thing and you can see it move along, and the unload makes it all feel super real.

But waiting for it to load and head on to dealer, knowing your Jeep is just a few hours away.... for me this is where I became anxious!

I stopped by the dealership last night as I saw my first order parked up front on my ride to work and wanted another look at it. My sales rep was not in, but another one was chatting with me. He said it usually takes a week tops after they are unloaded to get to dealer, and normally they arrive on Weds or Thurs. He also went on how it takes time to do a full inspection, PDI, etc so who knows how much of this was BS. Have an appointment with my sales rep later today to go over some final details, hoping she has better info for me.
it's right up there. i'd say both the wait to load to truck to go to dealer and the d to d1 phase are the worst, but certainly depends on the amount of time it takes for that experience to happen for each jeeper. you went D1 in about 3 weeks so ya hardly noticed it. i for example took about 9 weeks to hit D1. and those who unload from train and load to truck to dealer within a day or two certainly wouldn't lose much sleep while the 16 days and $400 for a special truck to expedite the process about did me in

Sponsored

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
Good morning everyone. I hope for good news and pics this week. I can not
believe there are a few long waits still here. I want the best for you very soon.
Yes it is worth the wait if that helps but yet this should not be happening.
You waiters are very strong and something I just could not do.

On another note: Who with a hardtop is getting the "Rattle". It will most likely
happen to you too. I had a rattle for a week now and could not find it. CRAZY !!!!
After searching this form and Net it was a very simple fix. It was on passenger side
if you hit small bumps. It is the plastic cover on hardtop right behind both seats.
Looks to be fastened with double stick tape. After out in the sun for a time it becomes
loose. For now I have pushed it back in place until fixed correctly.
What do you mean the plastic cover on the hardtop? And do you mean behind the first row seats or second row seats?

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Sooo... working on my wish list.
Has anyone found a bike rack you like?

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
My plan with my Sport as well--Rubicon takeoffs. Why pay for the Sport S rims when you're just gonna throw them away?

I've been very concerned about the steering issues many have had here. I'm gonna hope they don't show up during a thorough test drive of my order. If it does.... I might refuse delivery and take it as a sign from god to just get a Miata. Along with that other sign from god--the fkn recent $450 price hike. F*** this company.

These things are beauties, and the colors they've brought back are wonderful. I just wish they weren't trying so hard to price Joe Everyman out of the Wrangler, and turn it into a 100% rich man vehicle. The Wrangler and CJ were never meant to be "exclusive" vehicles.

If all goes well, and I accept delivery, a buddy and I will be taking it south to Moab in October--likely embarking on the White Rim Trail. Sounds like a wonderful life experience.
You have the permit for White Rim already? How long did you have to wait?

Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Morning all. This forum is good at spending my money, just ordered the red velcro for the belts. I need time to start installing all my purchases. I think I am going to diy, bedliner my metal bumpers, any suggestions on products
Be careful what you ask!
Yes, I got the red Velcro as well ordered.
Since we don’t have a garage, I will keep my hard top at the beach house So I got a half cover, in case it rains it will protect my topless Jeep from getting wet. Reviews were good. I didn’t want anything bulky. It’s from Rampage, called 1263 Breathable 4 later car cover, 42.99 if anyone is interested.

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Good morning everyone. Looks like a great finish to the week coming. This wait for
you is `totally not right. Know everyone has said "Worth the wait" but it REALLY
is worth the wait. After the wait pain you are feeling goes away you will be very
happy with the Wrangler. No one ever thought this was how it was going to be.
We really do have great people here---Great as the new JL.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Good morning everyone. Looks like a great finish to the week coming. This wait for
you is `totally not right. Know everyone has said "Worth the wait" but it REALLY
is worth the wait. After the wait pain you are feeling goes away you will be very
happy with the Wrangler. No one ever thought this was how it was going to be.
We really do have great people here---Great as the new JL.
That's what I keep reminding myself, and I haven't even come close to enduring what you guys went through. I think it's more that without seeing a fairly rapid status change (when others have), makes me nervous that I could be waiting for months. That said, I went to D1 last night...and I'm trying not to let the fact that Jeep Chat still can't give me a build window bother me. LOL. :headbang: ;)

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
it's right up there. i'd say both the wait to load to truck to go to dealer and the d to d1 phase are the worst, but certainly depends on the amount of time it takes for that experience to happen for each jeeper. you went D1 in about 3 weeks so ya hardly noticed it. i for example took about 9 weeks to hit D1. and those who unload from train and load to truck to dealer within a day or two certainly wouldn't lose much sleep while the 16 days and $400 for a special truck to expedite the process about did me in
Yeah your wait on the truck was a special kind of hell for sure. My delivery estimate is the 11th thru 15th. If I allow myself to think this is accurate, the 15th is out since it’s a Sunday. Dude yesterday claimed they get deliveries on Weds and Thurs, and I saw my first order on lot last Friday. Looked like it had arrived late last week as it had that fresh of the truck look. So today or tomorrow are a real possibility. I hope.
Sponsored