Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland.
i was sure i didn't want white and black. the more i see the white with the black hood and fenders as contrast, the more i like it....probably my 3rd favorite. i'll go granite, billet, white, then firecracker.........
Come on, keep us all happy, you like to blue too? LOL
Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
i was sure i didn't want white and black. the more i see the white with the black hood and fenders as contrast, the more i like it....probably my 3rd favorite. i'll go granite, billet, white, then firecracker.........
I saw a black 2 door JL with painted black hardtop, and thought it was the most bland JL I had seen.

As I say, life's too short for fun vehicles painted in boring colors. :)

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Come on, keep us all happy, you like to blue too? LOL
it's a really nice looking blue.... almost purple.... i loved the punkn also but was pretty sure they wouldn't stay as nice looking as they were on the day of purchase, and also it's so in your face. i've got a phoenix orange range rover and a red fiat spider. that's their job. i want my jeep to be a bit more subtle and not draw attention. i'll daily drive it into juarez

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubi (SOLD) , 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1954 Willys
Just pulled the trigger! Rubicon is on order. Now the wait begins. :fingerscrossed: :jk:
What is your build? I hope you didn't order LED's as they are holding up my order at the present time. Dealer says we have to wait till after the next allocation to get a VIN.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Well this day has been kinda craptastic. No love from jg, took my car in for appraisal at dealership and was told she would send me the value along with updated POC in an hour, that was 5 hours ago......

Then to top it off some new guy at work took the sammich I wanted from the deli tray, so I had to go with my second choice. It tasted like bitterness and disappointment. Now I need to find out who he is and have my QA team make his life a living hell.

Sponsored

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
What is your build? I hope you didn't order LED's as they are holding up my order at the present time. Dealer says we have to wait till after the next allocation to get a VIN.
You are only 4 days into an order. Your dealer is blowing smoke. You should
have a VON at time of purchase and a VIN 3 to 5 days. We all did. Months ago
the LED story passed around this thread. I never believed it.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Well this day has been kinda craptastic. No love from jg, took my car in for appraisal at dealership and was told she would send me the value along with updated POC in an hour, that was 5 hours ago......

Then to top it off some new guy at work took the sammich I wanted from the deli tray, so I had to go with my second choice. It tasted like bitterness and disappointment. Now I need to find out who he is and have my QA team make his life a living hell.
it's a pretty bad feeling D1, especially when JG shows basically nothing..... at least you have high hopes of changing today or tomorrow. and it was just over a month and a half for you. closer to 3 for me. i remember the feeling. frustrating... at least if they start the build i know things are moving... coming soon my friend, coming soon. you will fly through E, F, G to I by thursday i think, hopefully JB

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it's a really nice looking blue.... almost purple.... i loved the punkn also but was pretty sure they wouldn't stay as nice looking as they were on the day of purchase, and also it's so in your face. i've got a phoenix orange range rover and a red fiat spider. that's their job. i want my jeep to be a bit more subtle and not draw attention. i'll daily drive it into juarez
I always liked blue but then close to 30 yrs ago I met a young gal who really liked blue, been stuck with it ever since...I mean the blue, I married the gal! :involve:

GC Overland is blue, Motorhome is blue, 3000gt is blue, Yamaha is blue, old JK was blue, new JL is blue. House and garages are not blue, have to draw a line somewhere. :giggle:

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Sweetwater is right..... and don't stay away from the LED based on dealersay or rumors. it's worth it i hear.... that and alpine i haven't heard anyone who got them say "meh"

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have heard that 'allocation' story before but I am almost positive that is their allocation for dealer orders, not for SOLD orders, which yours should be. If they can't order it, someone can.

As for the LEDs, they look awesome, it is one of my favorite things on my JL!

Sponsored

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubi (SOLD) , 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1954 Willys
Clif,
While I don't discount what you're saying, I've attached my POC. The blacked out line are the LED's which it says are restricted. Should I get a VIN anyway?

Attachments

Bigpackdaddy75

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Wow that is great ! Did your window sticker have your name on it ?
I maybe wrong but these quick orders may be just what you wanted
coming off the line and Jeep is filling orders. Yes the custom orders
will take longer.
Yes, my window sticker had my name on it.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Clif,
While I don't discount what you're saying, I've attached my POC. The blacked out line are the LED's which it says are restricted. Should I get a VIN anyway?
I placed my order on 6/23. Had the same restriction showing for LED. No VIN yet.
Sponsored