Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland.
Yes, my window sticker had my name on it.
They lost mine! Didn't notice it wasn't in my paper work before I left, and when I went thru it all - nope, didn't have it. I called Saturday afternoon, they were looking into it. Have texted back and forth but still no sticker. We know it can be replaced, wife's GC was an order, same dealership did same thing but somehow got us another one. Just another JL aggravation, I want to be done!
Sponsored

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Clif,
While I don't discount what you're saying, I've attached my POC. The blacked out line are the LED's which it says are restricted. Should I get a VIN anyway?
That is a very nice order. Yes by all means you will and should have
a VIN by now. Call your dealer and ask. What the HELL do you mean
LED are restricted!!!!!! You want and you WILL LOVE the LED. If you can not get
LED package CANCEL YOUR ORDER !! Can anyone else help here ???
We need help for Tom. I have never heard of such BS.

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubi (SOLD) , 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1954 Willys
Ordered April 19th, with LEDs, no problem, delivery received it June 23rd.
Dealer told me it's a month to month thing. There were some other things that were on restriction too, one, I know, was the polished lip wheels. I may have misspoke when I said "allocation", they just said we had to wait until July.

Bigpackdaddy75

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Dealer told me it's a month to month thing. There were some other things that were on restriction too, one, I know, was the polished lip wheels. I may have misspoke when I said "allocation", they just said we had to wait until July.
I got black with polished lip wheels, LEDs, PST. All look great on my Rubi.

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I placed my order on 6/23. Had the same restriction showing for LED. No VIN yet.
Another one waiting for VIN ? And NO LED !! Hey everyone we need your
2 cents here. I have not heard these new problems yet. Hang in there
guys you'll get your LED's help is coming !! :punch: :muscle:

Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
What is your build? I hope you didn't order LED's as they are holding up my order at the present time. Dealer says we have to wait till after the next allocation to get a VIN.
My order is:

2 - Door Rubicon JL
Granite Crystal
Leather-Trimmed Seats
3.6L V6
Led Lighting Group
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group
Jeep Active Safety Group
8- Speed Automatic
Engine Block Heater
Cold Weather Group
Infotainment System Group
Body Colored Fender Flares
Black 3-Piece Hard Top
All Weather Floor Mats
Plastic Door Sill Guards
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

Nothing was mentioned about a delay due to LED's. We'll see in a few days, and I'll let you know if I receive the VIN.

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe start a thread something like 2dr JL order restrictions - see if anyone else knows anything? I waited from mid Dec. to Feb. 5, before I could order the Ocean Blue. Pretty sure that was different because the dealer was tellig me with mine, he couldn't get a POC till 2/5?

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Ashley just told me that my Rubi is in paint currently. Last week Jeff told me that mine would be built this week. But there has been absolutely no movement on the criptosticker tracking list! Can Ashley be trusted to have accurate information???
I spoke to a Nicole last week but not THE NICOLE and she said my Rubi was on a train and should be ion Tampa in 10 days. My dealer told me today it's still in Toledo . What BS!

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to a Nicole last week but not THE NICOLE and she said my Rubi was on a train and should be ion Tampa in 10 days. My dealer told me today it's still in Toledo . What BS!
Yes dealer could be correct. If it's on a Tesla train it will be there
in a few hours !! :giggle:

Sponsored

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
Question?? I know this is off topic...sort of. I’ve been looking at paint protection film. Upon close inspection, it appears my front fenders are already wrapped fully. Yes, I know the rear fender has some on the front portion, but was not aware of the front. Maybe it’s only the Rubicon, maybe not. Could someone please check?
Many thanks

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
My jeep did not come with straps for the windshield. There is a bag to put the freedom tops in and there is a small pouch with the tools needed to remove doors, lower windshield, etc. That's it.
Hey
Okay, folks. I have received my jeep today. I am going to flood you with pics. I'm hoping they help some of you visualize what your Jeep will look like. If there is something specific you want a photo of, I'll try. But, keep in mind, I plan on driving some place as much as possible and not be hanging at the computer, LOL. I took a photo of the headliners and rear seat just in case someone was curious.

thumbnail1.jpg

Could you check something for me...mine is close to identical and I’ve been looking into paint protection film. Upon close inspection, it seems that the front fenders are fully wrapped. I know the rears have a strip on the front part but haven’t noticed anything about the fronts. Could you check and let me know? It’ll require a very close look as it was easier to see and feel on one of the fenders than the other.
Many thanks

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
JG due for an update. i just know Jball is over there in san fran hitting refresh as often as i am here in juarez

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:idea:Anyone who hasn't ordered yet, what if you asked the dealer how long it would take for delivery? They will likely say something around 10 weeks (mine said 8 - 10). Tell them you will take it but then ask them to put in writing that for every week after that, they take $100 off. that would have been $1000 for me and some of the folks here might of ended up getting theirs for free! ;)

I am not really serious but I am curious what the response would be.
Sponsored