Sponsored

Straps w dual top???

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Public Service Announcement. Rolling up of the back window will over time create a bunch of scratches in it. Hell, wiping the soft top windows with anything but a soft chamois will scratch the damn things.
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Public Service Announcement. Rolling up of the back window will over time create a bunch of scratches in it. Hell, wiping the soft top windows with anything but a soft chamois will scratch the damn things.
Mine came brand new with two sets of scratches on it :(

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Soft top Jeep = scratched windows. Once i got over that fact 3 wranglers ago, I have been much more relaxed

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Soft top Jeep = scratched windows. Once i got over that fact 3 wranglers ago, I have been much more relaxed
Totally agree but it still doesn't make me feel better about a brand new Jeep coming with scratched windows.

I will be putting plenty of scratches on it but they will be my scratches not someone else's. Lol.

Ribixcon

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Rubicon
hey everyone.

I got the dual top option with my JLUR, and when I installed the soft top over the weekend I noticed 4 straps. 2 have a snap, and 2 are Velcro. Any idea what these are for?

TIA
Could 2 of those be to secure the windshield to those two brackets on the hood?

Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Could 2 of those be to secure the windshield to those two brackets on the hood?
The snap ones are to roll up the back window JK style, but i don’t dare as I think the new plastic edges would bend and not roll.

The Velcro ones are to hold the top tight in sunrider mode.

Not sure if they could work on the windshield. Haven’t dropped the glass yet. Maybe this weekend.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I was thinking about getting the dual top option and running the soft top all summer which in Texas would be about May1st to Oct 1st But i dont know if would really get used to all the road noise and specially my MT tires that do make some noise and the factor of not really keeping anything valuable in it for they could break into it fairly easy..I am just so used to a hard top after 5 yrs i guess

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get the velcro straps, just the rear window ones. I will use them on my JK, since there is no need on the JL. I don't want to scratch up the rear window with them, anyway, which is the norm with these things.

On the other hand, why are the velcro straps necessary? The sunrider seems to hold firmly in its folded position, thanks to the gas shocks. When folded completely back, the locks keep it in place. I'll have to look in the manual again, but I don't remember seeing anything about using the velcro in there.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I bought 2 velcro long straps to keep the top down and tight. That way it's not blowing up and you can see good out the mirror.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I didn't realize you could roll up the new back window. Aren't there straps to hold the top down when it's folded back?
Holding the top down in the fully open position is done with the JL's new locking mechanism:

Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Yes the locks hold down the frame. But a strap keeps the canvas from lifting up a little and blocking your view

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Yes the locks hold down the frame. But a strap keeps the canvas from lifting up a little and blocking your view
True...and funny enough, the exact words my dominatrix just used in a product review of, shall we say, "a non-Jeep product" on her web channel...;)

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I have rolled up the JLU back window with no issues at all. in fact I find it faster and easier to do than I did in the JKU.

Pop out the sides and 2 bottom parts and roll. Previously had to fight with zipper to go up on both sides.
You keep the bottom bar in? I took off back window and both side windows, laid them flat under a blanket in the back with some lightweight stuff on top and they windows have dents and creases in them. It seems they are VERY delicate.

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You keep the bottom bar in? I took off back window and both side windows, laid them flat under a blanket in the back with some lightweight stuff on top and they windows have dents and creases in them. It seems they are VERY delicate.
If i roll the back window then ya I keep the bar in.
even when I take the window out I can get it in trunk area with no creasing

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is it okay to leave the back and side windows in and put the top into the sunrider position, strap down. Owners manual says to remove all three panels first.
Sponsored