Meatwad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
Is it okay to leave the back and side windows in and put the top into the sunrider position, strap down. Owners manual says to remove all three panels first.
I've been taking out the side windows and just leaving the back window attached. When I fold it down I just make sure it is even all the way across so its not kinked our anything as I lay it down. Lastly I use a large velcro strip (bigger than the ones provided) and I tighten it down in the middle to give better visibility through the back. So far so good, and no major creases in the back window. Figure that's probably "safer" than taking out the back window, folding it to fit in the back and having stuff laying on it, etc.
Sponsored

Mjclay

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Crystal Granite
Is it okay to leave the back and side windows in and put the top into the sunrider position, strap down. Owners manual says to remove all three panels first.
Yes, you can leave the windows in and the top in the sunrider position. I do it all the time and have never used the straps. I’ll do 70mph on the interstate and no problems. If you want to put the top all the way down, then yes you need to remove all the windows first then put the top all the way down.

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious if anyone has noticed that the lower tabs on the rear window work themselves free when you run with the door windows down but the soft top windows in? Not really an issue practically speaking but certainly not doing their job well ..
Sponsored