Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I believe this is front only and does not lift the rear.

Daystar has me disappointed in their options:
They have this 1.5” level which only lifts the front, and then their 2” option which they market as a level but it lifts 2” all the way around.
I’m a fan of the options. I’d suggest a small spacer on the rear for the 1.5” level kit, but that’s on the way. What do you not like? 2” seems like a great stance on a JL and the rake is minimal on a JL, plus you get arms all for around $350. I’ve seen some complain on the RC thread that the RC spacer lift raised their front end too much.
Day star is known for their level and small lift kits so what they are offering seems right on par with what they traditionally offer.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I’m a fan of the options. I’d suggest a small spacer on the rear for the 1.5” level kit, but that’s on the way. What do you not like? 2” seems like a great stance on a JL and the rake is minimal on a JL, plus you get arms all for around $350. I’ve seen some complain on the RC thread that the RC spacer lift raised their front end too much.
Day star is known for their level and small lift kits so what they are offering seems right on par with what they traditionally offer.
I don’t like that they incorrectly market their 2” kit as a level, when it is not.

I don’t like that their 1.5” level kit lifts the front so drastically without touching the rear.

As you say, the rake is less than it used to be. This proves that the 1.5” kit is incomplete - why not offer a full package option or at least a rear spacer option to complete it? It’d be nice to buy your front and rear spacers from one manufacturer (ideally as a matched kit).

Most have the rake measured at 0.75” to 1.0”. With that acknowledged, neither their 2” “level” kit nor their 1.5” front only product achieves a level, or anything close to it.

I don’t hate Daystar, and don’t blame anyone for buying either of these two options. I had been in contact with them starting in April anticipating their products. I just don’t like either of their current offerings for my own use.

EDITED TO ADD:
If I’m going to go the route of a front only lift to level, I’d just buy a 0.75”-1.0” front spacer set and leave the rear untouched. Otherwise, I’d buy front and rear as a matched set together as one purchase, from one manufacturer.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t like that they incorrectly market their 2” kit as a level, when it is not.

I don’t like that their 1.5” level kit lifts the front so drastically without touching the rear.

As you say, the rake is less than it used to be. This proves that the 1.5” kit is incomplete - why not offer a full package option or at least a rear spacer option to complete it? It’d be nice to buy your front and rear spacers from one manufacturer (ideally as a matched kit).

Most have the rake measured at 0.75” to 1.0”. With that acknowledged, neither their 2” “level” kit nor their 1.5” front only product achieves a level, or anything close to it.

I don’t hate Daystar, and don’t blame anyone for buying either of these two options. I had been in contact with them starting in April anticipating their products. I just don’t like either of their current offerings for my own use.

EDITED TO ADD:
If I’m going to go the route of a front only lift to level, I’d just buy a 0.75”-1.0” front spacer set and leave the rear untouched. Otherwise, I’d buy front and rear as a matched set together as one purchase, from one manufacturer.
That’s fair I agree a 1.5” front lift needs something in the back or it will look funny.
I’ve been told they are looking at the description of the 2” and are looking at editing it.

I’ve seen you post about wanting a lift around 2”. What are you looking for? Or what would be your ideal kit from either what’s currently offered or for fun if you could design your own?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
That’s fair I agree a 1.5” front lift needs something in the back or it will look funny.
I’ve been told they are looking at the description of the 2” and are looking at editing it.

I’ve seen you post about wanting a lift around 2”. What are you looking for? Or what would be your ideal kit from either what’s currently offered or for fun if you could design your own?
That’s cool they’re looking at updating their marketing for the 2” lift.

The SkyJacker 1.5” lift (level) is probably the closest thing to what I want right now - per their specs, anyway. Measurements others are posting after installs are not matching the marketing, though. That’s more than just a level though, so it’s more than I’d ideally like.

I’d consider RC based on the price point, though. It’s closer to what I want in terms of what all is offered, though the lift is probably a tad more than I want.

My ideal setup? Probably something like a 1.75” front and a 1.0” rear.... something roughly in that range, plus or minus a quarter inch I guess.

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
You know why we keep the JK front shock shorter. LOL
And on the JL we don't have that issue.
The rear has an additional 4.5 of down travel over stock.
The front has close to 3" over stock.
:)

I will be watching the Rancho kit closely. Want to make sure they got the shock lengths right. Their JK kit has front shocks that are too short IMO. Otherwise I suspect it will be a great value and easy way to run 35's.

004-suspension-buyers-guide-rancho-jl-2-inch-kit.jpg

Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
You know why we keep the JK front shock shorter. LOL
And on the JL we don't have that issue.
The rear has an additional 4.5 of down travel over stock.
The front has close to 3" over stock.
:)

That's awesome news! What is the spring rate increase in %? Are you designed for mild weight, or a fully loaded off road build?

Yes, I know why you did the JK that way. But I want to make sure that the JL kit isn't limited by the same kind of design points. And it sounds like it is not, again this is awesome news.

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
First time buying a lift kit. Not really sure where to start. Is there a checklist or list of parts to make sure it's an actual complete lift? By that I mean, I was told not to go with Mopar 2" lift because it didnt come with an adjustable links and track bars.

I'm looking to add 2.5" max and something that wont sacrifice my daily driver. But will also get me passed minor obstacles during hunting season. 80% on road 20% off is my uses. Please any advice is appreciated.

adamle

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Budget Boosts
  • Rough Country - $159.95
  • EVO - $494.95 to $2529.95
  • Rubicon Express - $399.99
  • Readylift - $439.95
  • Daystar - $389.00

Standard Lift Kits
  • Rock Krawler - $744 - $2168
  • Metalcloak - $2299 - $3849
  • MOPAR - $1495
  • AEV - no price yet
  • Skyjacker - 1-1.5" $611.07 - 3.5-4" $1049.80
  • aFe 2.0 - $1224.88
  • Fabtech 3" - $649.19 to $1635.09
  • Superlift 2.5 - $399.95
  • Rancho 2" - unknown

Long Arms
  • None yet

Competition Kits
  • None yet

Details links and photos (if available)

Rancho 2" Sport Lift Kit
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2-sport-lift-kit-system-for-the-jl-rubicon.9807/
jl_rs66122br5_sell_back-10-27-31-am-jpg.jpg

Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost - $159.95
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-676c.html
2018_jl_2_5in_spacer_kit_-_67600_1.jpg

AEV 3.5" - no price yet
https://www.rubitrux.com/aev-3-5-dualsport-jeep-wrangler-jl-suspension-no-eta.html
aev-3.5-dualsport-suspension-lift-kit-wrangler-jl-jl-unlimited.jpg

Rock Krawler - no price yet
http://www.rockkrawler.com
rk.png

EVO Mfg. all are 2.5" budget boost types, and boost kits - prices vary $494.95 to $2529.95
http://www.evomfg.com/EVO-MFG-Products/Wrangler-JL-JLU?product_id=352
EVO.png

MOPAR 2" - prices vary slightly, common price $1495
Mopar_2in_Lift_Kit_JL_1_2.jpg

Rubicon Express 2" - $399.99
no link because its not on mfg. site yet
rough country.png

Skyjacker - 1-1.5" $611.07 - 3.5-4" $1049.80
www.skyjacker.com
1-1.5" - $611.07
skyjack 1-1.5.png

3.5-4" - $1049.80
skyjack 3.5-4.png

https://afepower.com/racerunner-37-l7001p-leveling-kit
37-l7001p_1.1518476678.jpg

https://fabtechmotorsports.com/2018-jeep-jl-4wd-3-sport-systems/
k4107dl-kit.jpg

https://www.superlift.com/2-inch-lift-kit-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-standard-kit
k175-2018-jeep-jl-2pt5-inch-lift-02.jpg

https://www.readylift.com/blog/2018/02/19/readylift-announces-new-jeep-jl-wrangler-kits/
69-6825_1100.jpg

http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...pension-system-rs5000x-shocks-rs66122br5.html
rs66122br5.png

Daystar has a new 2" spacer kit out with fixed arms. Description reads as a level kit also but after speaking with the Tech team it's actual a 2" lift on all 4 corners. Cost is $380.
http://www.daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1586
image.jpeg
This is identical to the Rubicon Express spacer lift - @ $100 less. I received the boxes today and some of the packaging are labeled "Rubicon Express"

https://www.procompusa.com/suspension-product-details.aspx?pt=3533&pl=1808&apn=EXPK3114E

This is a great thread btw, thx for all the installation comments. I'll be installing mine this weekend and will post pics.

EDIT: pictures

Last edited:

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Has anybody installed the ICON 2.5" stage 2 lift kit with 37's yet?

Sponsored

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
CB9030B5-6956-4796-83E3-FD3A7623EEA0.jpeg
No, but it looks great with 35”s for full articulation and no roller skate look. Pic is my rubi with 35”s no lift, icons stage IV/V 2.5” lift on rubicon with 35” tires and the JK with 4” lift and 37” tires.

fuelxc

First Name
Eric Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Rubi
Anyone have pics of 33 with a small (1.5-2.5" lift). I have a stock rubicon and just looking for a little lift for little more crawlability but not to move to 35's. Also going to put on the Roam bumpers so better spirngs and shocks would be nice as well

TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
CB9030B5-6956-4796-83E3-FD3A7623EEA0.jpeg
No, but it looks great with 35”s for full articulation and no roller skate look. Pic is my rubi with 35”s no lift, icons stage IV/V 2.5” lift on rubicon with 35” tires and the JK with 4” lift and 37” tires.
You have leveing kit? What wheels and offset?

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
Icon rebounds. No lift and no leveling kit. See website for full icon details.
Sponsored