Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Oh, and btw....if you THINK you'd be happiest with 37's....GET 37's! Dont spend all that money on regret.
Sponsored

Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I run a Metalcloak 3.5" game changer lift with Fox 2.0 shocks on my JKUR. That was back when Metalcloak sold lift packages with Fox shocks (doesnt seem like they do anymore). Anyway, the combo has been great for me. The on road ride is nice and controlled. And offroad it does great for the trails I run. Lots of flex. I have no complaints about it at all. It's a great combo lift.

The metalcloak GC 3.5” Lift is awesome was easy to install and get everything aligned after. Specs are pretty close as far as control arm and track bar starting points.

I did install the Fox 2.5 rear shocks and they’re great definitely an awesome ride. The front ones I haven’t installed yet because still trying to decide the placement of the front reservoirs. The area they recommend installing it would be fine but not for me because of rock crawling I’d probably smack em on the first rock.

Nothing wrong with the shocks I just figured might as well spend the additional $3,000 and go with coilovers.

I didn’t order any custom valving just the way they came. I’m adjusting the speed and compression myself trying to get the hang of them.

Attached are the shocks I’m running.
Thanks A LOT for the answers.

pokey02.
Yes - they only offer their shock...

Jlontherocks.
That is on the pricy end of the spectrum..
I already have the 2.5" Metalcloak GC kit (not installed yet...) and I'm looking at "your" shock setup as well as the 2" ones, with the reservoir and the low speed adjustment..
There is about a $1500 difference between the two setups :-(
https://accutuneoffroad.com/product/kit-2-0-performance-series-r-r-lsc-18-jeep-jl-2-3-lift/

Jlontherocks

First Name
Vlad Chernioglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Thanks A LOT for the answers.

pokey02.
Yes - they only offer their shock...

Jlontherocks.
That is on the pricy end of the spectrum..
I already have the 2.5" Metalcloak GC kit (not installed yet...) and I'm looking at "your" shock setup as well as the 2" ones, with the reservoir and the low speed adjustment..
There is about a $1500 difference between the two setups :-(
https://accutuneoffroad.com/product/kit-2-0-performance-series-r-r-lsc-18-jeep-jl-2-3-lift/
No problem. Those are nice shocks too and I’m sure they will perform great! Anything with reservoirs is a good choice and for that price you can’t go wrong especially Fox they’ve been around and must be doing something right!

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The metalcloak GC 3.5” Lift is awesome was easy to install and get everything aligned after. Specs are pretty close as far as control arm and track bar starting points.
{snip}
Do they provide starting lengths for the track bar? I swear I'm not finding it in the instructions....but I am tired...and ate paint chips as a kid....

Jlontherocks

First Name
Vlad Chernioglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Do they provide starting lengths for the track bar? I swear I'm not finding it in the instructions....but I am tired...and ate paint chips as a kid....
They provide “starting lengths” which are pretty close. They don’t provide exact lengths I’m sure due to liability issues. I took my Jeep in for alignment after install and they said it was very close they just had to make minor adjustments. I’ll be double checking everything again since I have 3-4 wheeling trips in already.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They provide “starting lengths” which are pretty close. They don’t provide exact lengths I’m sure due to liability issues. I took my Jeep in for alignment after install and they said it was very close they just had to make minor adjustments. I’ll be double checking everything again since I have 3-4 wheeling trips in already.
Yeah, I'm finding suggested control arm lengths but not track bar (photo). Section 3 Step 5 of the instructions basically says "Install front track bar" (they do tell you which way to orient it)

IMG_20190812_092609221.jpg
Sponsored