Sponsored

High-pitch engine noise

Scoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JL
was there ever an outcome? I just brought my car home and have the same loud sound
Sponsored

OP
OP

tommygiggles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
The service department at my dealership decided that's what it's supposed to sound like (even though when I dropped it off they said it sounded wrong), so they didn't do anything about it, and I left it at that. If you or anyone else has a dealership with a more responsive service department that will actually figure out the cause, I'd be happy to take that info back to mine and tell them what needs to be fixed :)

Last edited:

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
The service department at my dealership decided that's what it's supposed to sound like (even though when I dropped it off t, so they didn't do anything about it, and I left it at that. If you or anyone else has a dealership with a more responsive service department that will actually figure out the cause, I'd be happy to take that info back to mine and tell them what needs to be fixed :)
I’m curious now. I will see if mine makes the same noise tomorrow. Never noticed it. Mañana Jeepers! I will probably make a video. Same angle so you can compare.

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
Just made this video. I wouldn't worry about too much.

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Mazda 6 with push button start makes the same noise.

Sponsored

Scoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JL
My Mazda 6 with push button start makes the same noise.
Thank HiJinx69 - Much appreciated. I won't worry about this issue anymore... now on to other forums to figure out the other crap that I'm dealing with (steering stickiness at highway speeds & requiring a lot of force going into 4wd)

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank HiJinx69 - Much appreciated. I won't worry about this issue anymore... now on to other forums to figure out the other crap that I'm dealing with (steering stickiness at highway speeds & requiring a lot of force going into 4wd)
This my first Jeep and I found that going into 4WD always works best when your moving slowly in neutral. My first attempts at a stand-still needed a lot of force. I too, thought something was wrong. Newb move learning curve. Always smooth now. Don't know what your experience is with Jeeps, just throwing it out there. Good luck getting things sorted out.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
My JLU Sport with 3.6 does same and is just as loud.
Still like to know exactly what the part is that makes the sound. I was in the woods yesterday and it was very quiet and I could hear it on occasion very very faintly at idle also.

stucci62

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Just had our JLUR in to the dealership today to have this same noise checked out and they told us the same thing, that it is the electronic throttle body and that its normal.
Sponsored