Sponsored

Pricing based on Order date or Delivery date?

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 3500, 2019 Dodge Charger
I just received a call from my dealer stating that my Wrangler was being loaded on the truck for delivery, so I'm making sure I have everything squared away before I go in to finish up my deal.
My order was accepted by Jeep 8/26/22, I negotiated $50,600 otd (no tax, trade in value over Jeep price) A few days later I found out about Tread Lightly and the FCA discount and made sure my dealer accepted it, they do so I signed up. Late September Jeep raised their prices and after my 1 month waiting period for Tread Lightly, I got the Affiliate code and went to my dealership (my dealer had left the dealership by this point). The employee I spoke to early October said that the deal I made was better than the FCA Affiliate price would be, due to the recent price change. I'm pretty sure I seen on these forums that dealer pricing is based on order date and not delivery date but the window sticker will show current pricing, but I can't find those posts again.

My question is - Should I push to get Affiliate price ($48,617 + title/license/other fees) based on order date price or should I leave it at my $50,600 negotiated price when I ordered?

Price breakdowns:
8/26/22 Invoice price - $49,108
Current Invoice price - $51,370 (Changed 9/28/22 I believe)
My negotiated price 8/25/22 - $50,600
Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I haven't saw anyone here who had to pay the higher price. Both of mine's MSRP's went up in the 15 week order/delivery window, but I paid the agreed upon order price.

I am confused with your numbers tho. It looks to me like you paid $1500 over invoice.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
The price of mine went up from the order price. Assuming they don't sell it, I may be able to get it for even lower than that price. Every couple of weeks since it arrived at the dealership they have been dropping the price. Today, for whatever reason they raised it about $3k. Even with that bump it is about the price it was when I placed my order.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
When I ordered my 23 the MSRP was $54k and on delivery the MSRP jumped to $56k. The price we agreed on when ordering was kept, it was below invoice. It’s at the dealership now and only waited to be picked up to be delivered to me.

OP
OP
MountainOyster
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't paid yet, the Jeep is on the way to the dealer. I negotiated under MSRP before I knew about the FCA Affiliate program, that's why it's higher than invoice.

I did find info while searching that most dealers will go by invoice price of when it's ordered, but also read that manufacturers may not be honoring prices to dealers based on when they were ordered.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
My dealership (Graven Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Lebanon, MO) locked my price in the moment I put my order in back in August. When I picked it up on November 23rd, they gave me the trade in price on my truck that was agreed upon back in August and stuck to the build sheet price as it was in August. No documentation fees besides a $6.00 processing fee and the price of the Jeep. That was it.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Is this and IL dealer? If so who…cant find one that isn’t trying to make all the money off my one deal. I end up going out of state usually. BTW Nice ram in the avatar

HD_17

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 3.0 Sahara, '06 LBZ Duramax, '17 Street Glide
We took Delivery last night and paid what was agreed on at time of order on 8-31. If they try to base the sale off the new "sticker price" I would suggest you challenge it. If they're reputable, they'll honor the original agreement. Our dealer showed us the increase on the sticker and said that this is the biggest increase he's seen in 30 years.

OP
OP
MountainOyster
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, out the door including TTL and fees. I removed tax from the equation because I'm trading the Ram and it's trade value is more than the price of the Jeep, so that gets rid of the tax.

It's Uftring CDJR in Pekin, IL. It took a little effort to get under MSRP, although I think it was about $1,200-$1400 under in the end. FCA Affiliate would knock that down another $1,000-$1,200.

OP
OP
MountainOyster
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We took Delivery last night and paid what was agreed on at time of order on 8-31. If they try to base the sale off the new "sticker price" I would suggest you challenge it. If they're reputable, they'll honor the original agreement. Our dealer showed us the increase on the sticker and said that this is the biggest increase he's seen in 30 years.
Thank you. I'll push for it, worst they could do is try to change my deal based on sticker price but I have no doubt that at minimum they will stay at the negotiated deal.

I've figured out that "reply" means "quote" but I have no clue what "quote" means on this forum.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Something to remember, Affiliate Rewards pricing is 1% under invoice, not sticker price. Invoice is a few grand under sticker.

As for what price they end up charging, it depends on the dealership. Dealerships receive price protection once the vehicle is ordered, however not all of them pass that price protection down to the customer.

I've ordered many jeeps, many with the same dealership. Previously they honored price protection, on my 2023 they did not. We had an agreed upon price, jeep arrived with a new invoice from the factory and they said deal is now based on that. I tried the price protection argument and they simply said that they wouldn't honor the previous price. If I didn't want the jeep based on the new price I should let them know. They could sell it for 5k over sticker rather than a few thousand under invoice.

I took the jeep paying a few hundred more as I already waited 2 months. If I would have ordered again elsewhere, I risked the same outcome.

Personally, I would try to get the Affiliate Pricing applied to the original invoice amount and see what happens. Doesn't hurt to try.

MikeyK

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Earl
My dealer honored the agreed upon price $46200 (below msrp) from 8-10-22

Sticker went up close to $1200 by the time it came in on 10-28-22

Unfortunately interest rates didn’t come down 😬 (sarcasm)

But they increased my Gladiator trade by $1000 👍

OP
OP
MountainOyster
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something to remember, Affiliate Rewards pricing is 1% under invoice, not sticker price. Invoice is a few grand under sticker.

As for what price they end up charging, it depends on the dealership. Dealerships receive price protection once the vehicle is ordered, however not all of them pass that price protection down to the customer.

I've ordered many jeeps, many with the same dealership. Previously they honored price protection, on my 2023 they did not. We had an agreed upon price, jeep arrived with a new invoice from the factory and they said deal is now based on that. I tried the price protection argument and they simply said that they wouldn't honor the previous price. If I didn't want the jeep based on the new price I should let them know. They could sell it for 5k over sticker rather than a few thousand under invoice.

I took the jeep paying a few hundred more as I already waited 2 months. If I would have ordered again elsewhere, I risked the same outcome.

Personally, I would try to get the Affiliate Pricing applied to the original invoice amount and see what happens. Doesn't hurt to try.
Yes, Original MSRP was $51,445 and current MSRP is $53,840.
I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. It looks like some get original affiliate price, some at current affiliate price and some in between.

Dealer also just text me that it just got off the truck. So I'll find out this evening or tomorrow.

Thank you all for the info you gave me!

Jeep Wrangler JL Pricing based on Order date or Delivery date? IMG_20221209_130021

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Yes, Original MSRP was $51,445 and current MSRP is $53,840.
I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. It looks like some get original affiliate price, some at current affiliate price and some in between.

Dealer also just text me that it just got off the truck. So I'll find out this evening or tomorrow.

Thank you all for the info you gave me!

Jeep Wrangler JL Pricing based on Order date or Delivery date? IMG_20221209_130021
Great looking jeep.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hopefully fellow Jeepers on the forums realize that they don't have to pay anywhere close to MSRP. Check the spreadsheet in my sig for details.

Just about all dealerships will price protect so you pay whatever the price was at the time you ordered. Just verify that before you commit.
Sponsored