Shortest Date Ordered to Delivery time

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Hahaha, yes this works just like the elevators that definitely come faster if you repeatedly push the button. Everyone knows that! So I recommend contacting Jeep Chat at least 10x per day! My birthday is Sept 16, so I’m right there with you in hoping (likely in vain) that my Jeep will arrive before then. But here’s the silver lining, chances are the 2019 Wrangler will be announced by then. And my prediction is that there will be almost no changes (as 2018 was all new and engineers have been busy prepping the sky top, Diesel engine, and pickup version), but prices will go up 2-3%. So your Jeep will be $1k cheaper than it would’ve been if you waited!

Have you discovered the Jeep Garage function? If you pay a $30 membership fee to that site, you can get detailed production updates. May be worth it if you’re as anxious as me.
https://jeepgarage.org/f102/custome...am-vehicles-143338.html#/topics/143338?page=1
http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=20078&mid=4

Just as predicted the Safety group comes with ACC, im sure there are some little things changed like the rain channel on the hard top but besides that in my opinion its going to be the exact same as the 2018. I was personally hoping that the 3.6 was going to come with the BSG so that my 3.6 would be sort of unique. I have heard of the Jeep Garage function but I haven't seen any reviews on it. I want to spend the $30 and get all the details but I also don't wanna waste money, I have a lot of accessories and mods to buy.
Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Hahaha, yes this works just like the elevators that definitely come faster if you repeatedly push the button. Everyone knows that! So I recommend contacting Jeep Chat at least 10x per day! My birthday is Sept 16, so I’m right there with you in hoping (likely in vain) that my Jeep will arrive before then. But here’s the silver lining, chances are the 2019 Wrangler will be announced by then. And my prediction is that there will be almost no changes (as 2018 was all new and engineers have been busy prepping the sky top, Diesel engine, and pickup version), but prices will go up 2-3%. So your Jeep will be $1k cheaper than it would’ve been if you waited!

Have you discovered the Jeep Garage function? If you pay a $30 membership fee to that site, you can get detailed production updates. May be worth it if you’re as anxious as me.
https://jeepgarage.org/f102/custome...am-vehicles-143338.html#/topics/143338?page=1
I am a member o that forum but it says i do not have access to that page. joined it 2 years ago to ask about a suspension mod for my WK. Got some great help there.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I am a member o that forum but it says i do not have access to that page. joined it 2 years ago to ask about a suspension mod for my WK. Got some great help there.
I think it's an annual membership.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I think it's an annual membership.
Did you or anyone else pay the $30? What detailed information do you get that jeep chat doesn't give you?

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Did you or anyone else pay the $30? What detailed information do you get that jeep chat doesn't give you?
Yeah I paid the $29 for the tracking. Jeep Chat (I assume...) has access to the same info, but they don't provide it in as detailed a format as jeepgarage. Jeep Chat's info is very truncated and quick, ex. "All parts have been received and you should begin the build process soon!"

Here's my current status on JeepGarage, much more detail and information (plus the website is way more reliable than waiting in the queue on Jeep Chat, only to reach #1 and then get booted):

Date ordered: 08/21/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 08/23/2018
Estimated delivery: 09/21/2018 - 09/26/2018
Built pending inspection: 08/27/18 02:00:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/27/18 03:10:00 PM TOLEDO - RAIL
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/27/18 11:20:00 PM TOLEDO - OTTAWA VDC
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/29/18 08:42:00 AM ARGUS BODY_VEND
Production Status KZ Received 08/29/18 12:00:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/29/18 01:39:00 PM TOLEDO - OTTAWA VDC

Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Yeah I paid the $29 for the tracking. Jeep Chat (I assume...) has access to the same info, but they don't provide it in as detailed a format as jeepgarage. Jeep Chat's info is very truncated and quick, ex. "All parts have been received and you should begin the build process soon!"

Here's my current status on JeepGarage, much more detail and information (plus the website is way more reliable than waiting in the queue on Jeep Chat, only to reach #1 and then get booted):

Date ordered: 08/21/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 08/23/2018
Estimated delivery: 09/21/2018 - 09/26/2018
Built pending inspection: 08/27/18 02:00:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/27/18 03:10:00 PM TOLEDO - RAIL
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/27/18 11:20:00 PM TOLEDO - OTTAWA VDC
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/29/18 08:42:00 AM ARGUS BODY_VEND
Production Status KZ Received 08/29/18 12:00:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/29/18 01:39:00 PM TOLEDO - OTTAWA VDC
So that is a copy pasta of the exact info they gave you for the $30? What specifically is in more detail versus jeep chat? Im not so sure if its worth it...yet but I need more info.

I would say its worth it if you got the delivery date very early and it proves to be accurate. I also think that it would be worth it if something were to go wrong during the build process and it was able to give you extra information as to what happened.

Another question I have is, how is it that a forum can provide more details in an efficient way than the MANUFACTURER? lol...must be a jeep thing...

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
So that is a copy pasta of the exact info they gave you for the $30? What specifically is in more detail versus jeep chat? Im not so sure if its worth it...yet but I need more info.

I would say its worth it if you got the delivery date very early and it proves to be accurate. I also think that it would be worth it if something were to go wrong during the build process and it was able to give you extra information as to what happened.

Another question I have is, how is it that a forum can provide more details in an efficient way than the MANUFACTURER? lol...must be a jeep thing...
Yep, that's from jeepgarage. Jeep Chat doesn't show you the EXACT statuses, timestamps, etc. I assume one or two of the admins on the forum has access to DealerConnect.

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Ordered 7/17
Picked up 8/17
Told 6 weeks so I got a happy surprise.
Billet silver Rubi, std, led, 8.4, leather heated, tow with freedom top.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Yep, that's from jeepgarage. Jeep Chat doesn't show you the EXACT statuses, timestamps, etc. I assume one or two of the admins on the forum has access to DealerConnect.
When were you given an estimated delivery date?

Sponsored

Warhawk

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
Occupation
Data Engineer / Application Developer
With Jeep Garage you don’t have to wait for x amount of minutes to get through at Jeep Chat. Other than a little more detailed information before shipping...the real benefit is the shipment tracking.

This is all from what I have gathered since I am still on day 6 of waiting for PayPal to clear my membership payment. :mad:

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
I assume one or two of the admins on the forum has access to DealerConnect.
Doesn't that violate t&c of Dealer Connect to monetize this way?
I wish Jeep had something like GM's Onstar, once your GM vehicle roll off the line you can have dealer activate the Onstar and then track it for free.

Warhawk

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
Occupation
Data Engineer / Application Developer
Doesn't that violate t&c of Dealer Connect to monetize this way?
I wish Jeep had something like GM's Onstar, once your GM vehicle roll off the line you can have dealer activate the Onstar and then track it for free.
Raise the t&c concern AFTER I finish tracking my Jeep :cwl:

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I called jeep today cuz the chat wasn't working. Asked the lady if I was still in D1, she was very inquisitive as to how I knew about that code and where I got it from. She said they're not supposed to give out codes. Does this mean jeep will lie about the status of the jeep to hide the fact that it did not clear an inspection or something happened during the building process to slow it down?

If jeepgarage.org is transparent about the codes then it could be worth it for some peace of mind.
Sponsored