multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I had seen every Easter egg / self reference on our Jeeps but @Chocolate Thunder you have surpassed all expectations. Nice find, great attention to detail!

One more example of how much the JL designers truly cared about creating a timeless product which is part of a legacy. They don’t go out of their way to put little design touches like that in the jeep unless they care. No one gets passionate about designing the Chevy Blazer or Nissan Kicks or whatever generic CUV is coming out. But Jeeps are different.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So seriously, nobody has posted this on the forum before? I did a search and didn’t see anything but I can’t be the first here to have noticed this. Once you see it, it’s kind of big and obvious and right in your face when the hood is up. Plus I’ve been told many, many times that I absolutely suck at looking for things by my wife.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

So seriously, nobody has posted this on the forum before? I did a search and didn’t see anything but I can’t be the first here to have noticed this. Once you see it, it’s kind of big and obvious and right in your face when the hood is up. Plus I’ve been told many, many times that I absolutely suck at looking for things by my wife.
you still cant find that damn guy in his little boat??

Last edited:

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Are there separate dip sticks for each blinker?
Of course. You can't mix up the right blinker fluid with the left fluid or you'll fry your blinker fluid pumps.

EMpunker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6
I've never noticed that one before!

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
So seriously, nobody has posted this on the forum before?

I did a search and didn’t see anything but I can’t be the first here to have noticed this.
That's probably because the general perception is that Easter Eggs are non-functional aesthetics. E.g., the Jeep decals on factory alloy wheels, or the molded-in flip flops on the windscreen cowl trim.

The seven slots above each headlight appear to serve an actual purpose (cooling). This might explain why they're considered to be a necessary feature, and not an Easter Egg bauble in the traditional sense. Sure, the number of slots on each side probably wasn't accidental.

Sponsored

vetygud

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys 2 door Sarge, 2018 Silverado LTZ
Occupation
Retired LEO
After reading this thread I went out to clean my Freedom hardtop on my 2022 2 door Willys and found the paperclips on the visors underneath and I noticed that there are SEVEN ribs molded into the hardtop (this is a stretch). Sorry if this has been discussed previously but Chocolate Thunder started it. Lol!

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 20th Anniversary
Clubs

The origin of the 7 slots goes back to WWII. Ford designed a stamped front grill with vertical slots for the military 1/4 ton truck nicknamed the "Jeep". Later Willys-Overland trademarked the name "Jeep" to make civilian versions of the vehicle. They wanted to keep the stamped grill with the vertical slots. Since Ford owned the rights to the one they made with "9 slots", to get around that patent Willys-Overland designed and patented one with "7 slots".

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone posted this underhood Easter egg before? 8FED4FD2-F96D-4C5D-AA62-C9EA5A0E04BD

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone posted this underhood Easter egg before? 8FED4FD2-F96D-4C5D-AA62-C9EA5A0E04BD
This man speaks the truth!

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
I think thats kind of a stretch. The slots arent even like the grill is. They get smaller as they go towards the center. That is just coincidence for a functional feature. That would be like saying the Sahara premium wheels are an Easter Egg cuz there are seven slots on them even though they don't correlate with a five lug pattern.