Sponsored

Turn off the traction control, it's fun

Oilslick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
I've owned and driven fast cars, this jeep seemed doggy to me. I turned off the traction control tonight and I gotta say, 1sr gear is impressive! This thing will shred tires on command,with ease. Did the jk's? I've only driven customers jk's so I've never really ran one hard.
Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
I've owned and driven fast cars, this jeep seemed doggy to me. I turned off the traction control tonight and I gotta say, 1sr gear is impressive! This thing will shred tires on command,with ease. Did the jk's? I've only driven customers jk's so I've never really ran one hard.
I only started turning traction control off on my jk (pentastar) after supercharging it... mine's auto but it now spins wheels even at 40mph and sometimes higher just when I floor it suddenly... not complaining :)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My 3.8 JK won't, Lol!

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
The JL is definitely more zippy than the JK. Once I get more than a few hundred miles on my Jeep I'll try it. I did chirp my tires going into third when I let my clutch out too fast.

OldBackpacker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL - Sport
Occupation
Retired
I only started turning traction control off on my jk (pentastar) after supercharging it... mine's auto but it now spins wheels even at 40mph and sometimes higher just when I floor it suddenly... not complaining :)
Talk to me about the supercharging: HP increase, MPG if known (or if that matters, LOL), and obviously cost.

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Since it’s been raining here in Maryland for like a month now I’ve been drifting my Jeep around every corner I take...it’s a blast!

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Since it’s been raining here in Maryland for like a month now I’ve been drifting my Jeep around every corner I take...it’s a blast!
Got in the Jeep last night and turned traction control off... woohoo!! That is fun, all the power going right to the wheels unhindered. I wasn't able to burn out but was able to make it chirp going around a turn. I don't know if I have the balls to drift it in the rain though.
Shared my excitement with the Mrs... she didn't get it, LOL.

MallCrawlLol

First Name
Rick Astley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlu 6mt
Yeah, it's off most of the time for me (the button is right next to the auto off, so it's a habit to hit both). But there is some stability control that gets in the way if you start drifting too much, which can get in the way of having some real fun.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
the only thing my old 3.8 did was drink oil and SH!+ the bottom end. that thing was a joke.
Mine is at 174k and running like new. Sorry to hear yours crapped out. Not an exciting engine at all, though.
Sponsored