JL Bikini Tops?

CardinalK720

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Has anyone heard anything yet regarding bikini tops for the JLU? I was hoping something would be available prior to the summer! I would love to pop off my hard top and not worry about rain.
Sponsored

turnkey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Has anyone heard anything yet regarding bikini tops for the JLU? I was hoping something would be available prior to the summer! I would love to pop off my hard top and not worry about rain.
Curious about this myself. BestTop said mid summer they would have their NX series out. Its going to be a pain in the neck for half the summer checking to make sure its not going to have a slim chance of rain every time the sun is out and i want the top off.

Sohail

First Name
Sohail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Granite

Sponsored

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I heard through the grapevine May is the month of unveiling new soft top accessories from the oldest soft top manufacturers :angel:

...sidenote... non mesh tops (denim/vinyl) are usually water resistant, but there is no substitute for a complete soft top when it comes to water proof. The area around the door surrounds and where the roll bars contact the tonneau cover will let some water in during stationary downpours. I strongly recommend a denim/vinyl quick cover for the the Jeep is parked. :like:

turnkey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
I heard through the grapevine May is the month of unveiling new soft top accessories from the oldest soft top manufacturers :angel:

...sidenote... non mesh tops (denim/vinyl) are usually water resistant, but there is no substitute for a complete soft top when it comes to water proof. The area around the door surrounds and where the roll bars contact the tonneau cover will let some water in during stationary downpours. I strongly recommend a denim/vinyl quick cover for the the Jeep is parked. :like:
I hope it is May. That will make me a very happy person. The last thread I saw from BestTop said mid summer and they have a poll going for what they should make first. So far people love the sun rider for hardtop :facepalm:

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I hope it is May. That will make me a very happy person. The last thread I saw from BestTop said mid summer and they have a poll going for what they should make first. So far people love the sun rider for hardtop :facepalm:
It's because so many people buy these with hard tops... I guess it's just the way it is, even if I don't understand why.

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Had a bikini top for my 4Runner. Would be very interested in a good one for a JL!

1186932_711205655598966_1703246241_n.jpg

Ponyracer

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1986 YJ Brute (project!)
I called best top and was told spring of next year lol. I’m wanting a full length safari top, I don’t do mesh as it rains a lot where I’m heading. I plan on removing the hard top and putting the freedom tops back on to keep from burning my noggin until something comes out.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I know it is not the prettiest thing out there but why not just go with the full soft top. Basically it is a bikini top when you take out all the windows.

My soft top is back ordered and I was thinking about trying to find some kind of bikini top as stop gap until the wife saw a picture of the soft top with no windows on it and said, what's the difference between this and what you want to buy? I did not have a great answer... so I sit here waiting for the soft top.

turnkey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
It's because so many people buy these with hard tops... I guess it's just the way it is, even if I don't understand why.
Up here in the northeast you want a hard top. The winters are brutal and having a soft top year round really sucks in the winter.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Up here in the northeast you want a hard top. The winters are brutal and having a soft top year round really sucks in the winter.
Well, I live in Alabama and 9 out of 10 people here (my made up statistic) have a hard top on their Jeep. I just don't understand it really. Don't get me wrong, I do understand the benefits to a hard top in the winter.
Sponsored