Not open for further replies.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I've never custom ordered a vehicle before. Is there any problem picking individual options instead of groups? For example, on the Infortainment Group, all I want is the Uconnect 8.4" Touchscreen, Alpine Premium Audio, (and Android Auto). I don't want/need SiriusXM, GPS nav (because Google), or the Auto-Dim Mirror (hate those things.)

Thanks.

Electronic Infotainment Sys Group
  • Rear View Auto Dim Mirror
  • GPS Navigation
  • Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" Display
  • Alpine Premium Audio System
  • HD Radio
  • 8.4" Touchscreen Display
  • SiriusXM Guardian 1-Yr Trial
  • Roadside Assistance and 9-1-1 Call
  • SiriusXM Travel Link
  • SiriusXM Traffic Plus
  • 5-Year SiriusXM Traffic Service
  • 5-Year SiriusXM Travel Link Service
FCA forces options in every vehicle. The infotainment option gets you all of those features even if you don't use them. As far as the Nav goes, it's not a bad thing. Carplay and Android auto only work if you have a signal, the Nav works anywhere. I've been lost in BFE before with no idea where i was. The Nav helped.
Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
I purchased a 2017 JKU Sport last October (before there was much info on the JL). Iā€™d love to trade it in for a 2018 Sahara JLU if I donā€™t lose too much on it. I got the 1% below invoice deal through my employer, which I will be using again. Do you have any advice on how to get the maximum trade in from my local dealership? Am I better off trying to sell it private party?

Thanks!
I don't think that the JK will take a hit. Even the 3.8 models that are dogs bring top dollar. To get the most for your trade, clean it up, make sure it doesn't smell like a bums A hole or the cat ladies house, go to KBB, get an idea of it's value and be reasonable. Seriously, its not in excellent condition unless you bought it, drove it home, stuck it in your garage and haven't driven it. Some states also allow for a tax savings meaning you don't pay taxes on the value of your trade. You have to factor that in as well. Don't sell it private party unless you are willing to put in the effort, it isn't worth it. You have to find someone who can obtain financing on their own, If you owe on it still, you have to facilitate the payoff, and then you get people who are low balling you or trying to trade you for shrimp or that sweet baseball card they have been holding onto for 20 years. IMHO.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
JLWF dealer guy:

People keep talking about this dreaded 90 day hold...do you think this is a reality for the new wrangler?
To me it seems they stopped taking orders on JKs and are beginning production a few weeks before the release on JLto have them shortly after the release on lots. Seems silly to the make people wait 90 days after that, at least from a marketing point of view.
I just wanted to know your thoughts because after digging I couldnā€™t find any concrete info just speculation that has grown over time about this.
I know nothing concrete on this either. FCA has done this before like when the new Cherokee came out. The difference then is it was a new transmission, a new vehicle all together. There were bugs. With the New Wrangler, it is new, but the good thing here is that they are implementing features and transmissions that are already in use. Now the 2.0, meh, could be a different story.

Knobby

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
JLWF:

Thanks for all the info.

Is there a list of the ā€œgroup buyā€ dealerships? Iā€™m looking for one in Connecticut. If there isnā€™t one here, Iā€™d consider traveling a little.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
JLWF:

Thanks for all the info.

Is there a list of the ā€œgroup buyā€ dealerships? Iā€™m looking for one in Connecticut. If there isnā€™t one here, Iā€™d consider traveling a little.

I donā€™t get into the group buy deals. Personally I think it sounds better that what it really might be. We arenā€™t keeping lists of those Dealerships at this time. Those places may or may not offer that on the JL, it remains to be seen.

Sponsored

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
Looking to order this weekend, can I order a Sahara with Selec-Trac or is that not an option until later down the road?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Looking to order this weekend, can I order a Sahara with Selec-Trac or is that not an option until later down the road?
My thoughts on this is that the Sahara will come with The 5 position transfer case as seen in the user guide posted and that they are going to call that the Selec-Trac for the JL Wrangler. It would make sense to turn the Sahara into the ā€œluxuryā€ option and dump the 2 door creating a separate version inside the lineup. Nothing for certain of course but that makes the most sense IMHO.

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
My thoughts on this is that the Sahara will come with The 5 position transfer case as seen in the user guide posted and that they are going to call that the Selec-Trac for the JL Wrangler. It would make sense to turn the Sahara into the ā€œluxuryā€ option and dump the 2 door creating a separate version inside the lineup. Nothing for certain of course but that makes the most sense IMHO.
Thanks for the quick response! So you don't think that it is an option to add on, but will be standard? I noticed the standard list for the sport and Sahara said that is has command trac. This will be my DD and willl be driving my two kids up to my cabin full of snow on the weekends, so although I love the Rubicon, safety says Sahara with Selec-Trac is my best bet.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
It just seems to that there is no reason NOT to make it the Sahara Standard. Iā€™ve thought about the dumping of the 2 door Sahara a lot. Since all Wrangler trim levels, new and old basically are born the same and then they add things to each, the only thing I can think of is that they are taking the Sahara to a different demographic. For that option to only be on the Sahara is like the Axle lock and sway bar disconnect being only on the Rubicon. Then you have 3 specific and different trim levels and price points.

Then again I could be totally wrong.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation

Considering a current loaded out 2 door JK Sahara is so close in price to a well equipped Rubicon, itā€™s kind of a cross over in price point vs. features. Also, in a JK, a base Sahara got you only color matched fender flares, 18ā€ wheels, and badging. Thatā€™s about it. Same crap radio, whatever. But, a upcharge in price. Get a basic Rubicon, add painted fender flares, boom! 2 door ā€œSaharaā€ base. The volume sales of the Sahara overall doesnā€™t justify additional production plant time and effort. I would expect FCA to let it ride on the choice to kill the 2DS. The 2D market is from my experience one way or the other. Give me the least expensive no frills Jeep and Iā€™ll put thousands into it to make it my own because if it isnā€™t a 2D itā€™s not a Jeep. Or, I donā€™t have a reason for a 4 door and the extra expense doesnā€™t make sense and I either want it basic or loaded. We never order anything really in between because they sit there for months until you ā€œincentivizeā€ their sale. The plug and play part of the Wrangler isnā€™t going to change. If itā€™s aftermarket or peopleā€™s imagination, Iā€™ve seen almost everything. And then tomorrow someone will pull up in aomething they created that is either awesome or the ugliest thing I have ever seen. But itā€™s their creation so I say, good on them.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Keyless entry is standard in the Rubicon so you are good to go there. As far as ordering the additional colors, no word yet on anything other than the initial 5 available will most likely be next year at this point but that can change at any moment the way things are coming out.
Keyless entry is not the same thing as Proximity Keyless Entry. It is listed as an option on the Rubi, and it functions like a Corvette. It stays in your pocket and the doors unlock when you are in close proximity to the vehicle. You never have to touch it. You then climb in, push the start button, and go.

Also, are you hearing anything about when the newly added colors will be available for order? My wife is bugging the hell out of me about Ocean Blue. I told my dealer to change it from Firecracker Red (which I still love) if it pops up and can be selected. I'll be fine with red, but I would like my wife to be happy. :)

One last thing. I think I'm sticking with dual tops, but what makes the Premium Soft Top different from the standard soft top in the Dual Top group?

gmangsxr750

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU (Freedom Edition), 2008 Mazda Tribute
Occupation
Web Application Developer
Hello everyone!:bow:
Hi JLWF, thank you for your time.

I'm getting my first Jeep, either the JKU or JLU depending on the reveal. Question about pricing.

Whatā€™s the best way to get the lowest price vehicle cost agreement? In that I have the option of financing or cash, should I not tell them this? If I say I want financing will that get me a lower vehicle price (and then pay cash after itā€™s agreed upon)?

Price can change based on many things.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Hi JLWF, thank you for your time.

I'm getting my first Jeep, either the JKU or JLU depending on the reveal. Question about pricing.

Whatā€™s the best way to get the lowest price vehicle cost agreement? In that I have the option of financing or cash, should I not tell them this? If I say I want financing will that get me a lower vehicle price (and then pay cash after itā€™s agreed upon)?

Price can change based on many things.
The way to ensure the lowest pricing is to either get the tread lightly membership, or if the company you work for is on the affiliates list. They are the same thing. Now, you can find a JK for even less than that price anyway. Iā€™d tell you to say you want to pay cash and give an offer, you will be countered with, ā€œwe will do this price if you finance it with usā€. Cash is no longer king but it doesnā€™t mean you have to fold and finance $50k for a full term. Agree to finance it and as soon as the bank gives you your account information, pay it off. You will pay almost nothing in finance charges for 1 month and there are no longer pre pay penalties or fees.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.