Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Welcome to our Ask-a-Jeep-Dealer Thread where our resident Jeep Dealer (JLWF Dealer Guy) will be answering questions you have related to the Wrangler ordering, pricing and buying process.

For any order tracking related questions, please use our Official Tracking Thread.

FAQ:

To find out C or D status, yes, you have to call your dealership.

The big one, If your order sheet says 4EA, you have a true sold order that will be moved ahead of stock orders. It has your name on it and so will the window sticker.

If your order says 4EX, you have a stock order. Unfortunately from what I see here, some dealerships initial special allocation was for a limited amount. If they didn't have allocation for that trim. You may have a cause for concern.

Sorry for the Bad news here. I just went and there are indeed several who posted a 4EX build sheet. You can see it says dealer order, the 4EA sheets show customers name,, address etc.
When your order hits D1 status you can not change your order details. Even sometimes D status is not changeable. Contact your dealer and they should be able to go in and see immediately if it is able to edit. If not, I'd say order another one. They should be happy to get allocation. They will sell every vehicle they get in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

leafsfan1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sahara unlimited
Hello everyone!:bow:
Good morning
Im located in Atlantic Canada and have been following the new JL for months ,but havenā€™t been able to get much info at all from the local dealers (thank god for Jlwranglerforums.com) Any thoughts on when ordering may open up here in Canada ?

Thanks

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Hello! Do you think dealers will get the specifics of the different option packages soon after the reveal or possibly sooner?
Good Morning,

It is hard to say. So much has been revealed and yet so much unknown. If FCA inserts the information into the dealer system before they just give it out during the reveal, we will know. If not, we won't. I know that is a obvious and plain answer but the factory reps are not the most insightful and are kept in the dark more than anyone in the company so they are no help in that field. It, unfortunately is a sit and wait situation.

I will say that you can pretty much guess what the packages are going to have by looking at current vehicles and what is in those packages. FCA doesn't go too out of the box when naming packages. They love to recycle vehicle names as well which I have never understood.

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Good morning
Im located in Atlantic Canada and have been following the new JL for months ,but havenā€™t been able to get much info at all from the local dealers (thank god for Jlwranglerforums.com) Any thoughts on when ordering may open up here in Canada ?

Thanks
I'm based in the U.S. so don't have any insight on that one. I can say that FCA governs different countries as they do different BCs (Business Centers) here in the U.S. I'd bet it won't be too long considering the volume they plan to put out.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order today for a red Rubicon Unlimited. I ordered the infotainment group and now see Android Auto showing up tonight on an updated option thread. Can an order be stopped and held then revised, or does it stay in line and you can just make changes until the VIN is issued? I'm nervous that I might miss a couple of features that I thought were included in packages I ordered, but now realize they might not be. Frankly, I'm really nervous about it.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
I placed an order today for a red Rubicon Unlimited. I ordered the infotainment group and now see Android Auto showing up tonight on an updated option thread. Can an order be stopped and held then revised, or does it stay in line and you can just make changes until the VIN is issued? I'm nervous that I might miss a couple of features that I thought were included in packages I ordered, but now realize they might not be. Frankly, I'm really nervous about it.
Don't worry DanW, your Jeep will have both Android Auto and Apple Carplay when you pick it up. More information for packages should be coming very soon.

Nos351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Iā€™ve been to 2 dealers in SFL so far and neither will allow me to place an order. Is there some secret code or password I need to say?!! Ha. They have told me to come back in March when they hit there showrooms. How do I get it done?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Don't worry DanW, your Jeep will have both Android Auto and Apple Carplay when you pick it up. More information for packages should be coming very soon.
Thank you! The only other thing I'm wondering about is the Proximity Keyless Entry. Is that in a package? That's something else I'd love to know is contained in one of my option groups. Outside of that, any word on when Ocean Blue can be ordered? While I'm fine with Firecracker Red, my wife would be thrilled if I could switch it to blue before the order is locked in.

Thanks again for the help you are providing and for participating in this forum. This has been a Godsend for helping me through this process!

Sponsored

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
I've never custom ordered a vehicle before. Is there any problem picking individual options instead of groups? For example, on the Infortainment Group, all I want is the Uconnect 8.4" Touchscreen, Alpine Premium Audio, (and Android Auto). I don't want/need SiriusXM, GPS nav (because Google), or the Auto-Dim Mirror (hate those things.)

Thanks.

Electronic Infotainment Sys Group
  • Rear View Auto Dim Mirror
  • GPS Navigation
  • Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" Display
  • Alpine Premium Audio System
  • HD Radio
  • 8.4" Touchscreen Display
  • SiriusXM Guardian 1-Yr Trial
  • Roadside Assistance and 9-1-1 Call
  • SiriusXM Travel Link
  • SiriusXM Traffic Plus
  • 5-Year SiriusXM Traffic Service
  • 5-Year SiriusXM Travel Link Service

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I purchased a 2017 JKU Sport last October (before there was much info on the JL). Iā€™d love to trade it in for a 2018 Sahara JLU if I donā€™t lose too much on it. I got the 1% below invoice deal through my employer, which I will be using again. Do you have any advice on how to get the maximum trade in from my local dealership? Am I better off trying to sell it private party?

Thanks!

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
JLWF dealer guy:

People keep talking about this dreaded 90 day hold...do you think this is a reality for the new wrangler?
To me it seems they stopped taking orders on JKs and are beginning production a few weeks before the release on JLto have them shortly after the release on lots. Seems silly to the make people wait 90 days after that, at least from a marketing point of view.
I just wanted to know your thoughts because after digging I couldnā€™t find any concrete info just speculation that has grown over time about this.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Iā€™ve been to 2 dealers in SFL so far and neither will allow me to place an order. Is there some secret code or password I need to say?!! Ha. They have told me to come back in March when they hit there showrooms. How do I get it done?
You forgot the secret handshake! :fist bump: Kidding. FCA sends units to each dealership based on what they sell. If you see a dealer website that has majority trucks on it, they are in a market that sells majority trucks. If they have majority Jeeps, they sell Jeeps. It can range within a city and it's customer base. Where in south Florida are you at?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Thank you! The only other thing I'm wondering about is the Proximity Keyless Entry. Is that in a package? That's something else I'd love to know is contained in one of my option groups. Outside of that, any word on when Ocean Blue can be ordered? While I'm fine with Firecracker Red, my wife would be thrilled if I could switch it to blue before the order is locked in.

Thanks again for the help you are providing and for participating in this forum. This has been a Godsend for helping me through this process!
Keyless entry is standard in the Rubicon so you are good to go there. As far as ordering the additional colors, no word yet on anything other than the initial 5 available will most likely be next year at this point but that can change at any moment the way things are coming out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.