Not open for further replies.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
@zgn Hey, I get it. They won’t please everyone but I’m JLWF Dealer Guy, not FCA Guy. I sell em, not build em or make marketing decisions. In our area, the Rubicon and Sport are evenly sold and combined are about 80% of sales and Sahara 20%. Along with that, 4 door is 90%+. The JK has been out for 10 years now. I moved past the, I get painted fenders and steel bumpers stock a long time ago. It seems to work for them.I was just giving an opinion on what I assume they are doing and thinking as far as a marketing plan.
Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Keyless entry is not the same thing as Proximity Keyless Entry. It is listed as an option on the Rubi, and it functions like a Corvette. It stays in your pocket and the doors unlock when you are in close proximity to the vehicle. You never have to touch it. You then climb in, push the start button, and go.

Also, are you hearing anything about when the newly added colors will be available for order? My wife is bugging the hell out of me about Ocean Blue. I told my dealer to change it from Firecracker Red (which I still love) if it pops up and can be selected. I'll be fine with red, but I would like my wife to be happy. :)

One last thing. I think I'm sticking with dual tops, but what makes the Premium Soft Top different from the standard soft top in the Dual Top group?
@DanW “Proximity” in FCA vehicles is all the same. You have to be within 5 feet of the handle for it to activate. Then, you stick your hand inside the handle and it unlocks. It doesn’t unlock when you get close automatically.

Colors, no word, I’d expect next year but that could change and nobody has been told.

The premium soft top is a thicker, better quality top. It has a darker look and softer to the touch feel. To compare them think of it this way. The standard top looks like a tarp, the premium top looks like fabric. You should be able to find a dealership that has both in stock to compare them.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW “Proximity” in FCA vehicles is all the same. You have to be within 5 feet of the handle for it to activate. Then, you stick your hand inside the handle and it unlocks. It doesn’t unlock when you get close automatically.

Colors, no word, I’d expect next year but that could change and nobody has been told.

The premium soft top is a thicker, better quality top. It has a darker look and softer to the touch feel. To compare them think of it this way. The standard top looks like a tarp, the premium top looks like fabric. You should be able to find a dealership that has both in stock to compare them.
Thanks! That makes sense with the PKE. That is EXACTLY what I want. Is that included in a package, or will I have to add it seperately?

Also, can you order the premium soft top as part of the dual tops, or somehow upgrade that option?

Thanks again for all your help!

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Thanks! That makes sense with the PKE. That is EXACTLY what I want. Is that included in a package, or will I have to add it seperately?

Also, can you order the premium soft top as part of the dual tops, or somehow upgrade that option?

Thanks again for all your help!
The Dual top group has always come with the premium soft top, I can't see that changing. It appears that the Proximity or as FCA calls it, "keyless enter n go" option is a standard on Sahara and Rubicon with "keyless go" standard on Sport.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The Dual top group has always come with the premium soft top, I can't see that changing. It appears that the Proximity or as FCA calls it, "keyless enter n go" option is a standard on Sahara and Rubicon with "keyless go" standard on Sport.
Great! My 08 had the regular soft top in the dual top group, but then again, I don't think they even offered a premium top back then.

Glad to hear about the PKE. The thing that threw me off was that Admin posted a list of stand alone options a few days ago, and it showed PKE as an option on the Rubi.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm paying a fortune for this beast and it needs to be EXACTLY the way I want it. I only buy a new vehicle for myself once a decade, and this one is the first I've ever ordered in advance. All the others were bought off the lot.

You've helped me a lot, and I appreciate it deeply.

BrooklynJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Hey DealerGuy, thanks for all the insight. I’m a guy that likes to lease...2 Grand Cherokees in a row, affordable and no issues.

The Wrangler I hear is a different animal when it comes to leasing, programs not as friendly. That it’s much better to purchase.

As much as I would like to buy, I do appreciate the lower monthly payments leasing provides. So in this case, If I wanted to order a JL when pricing comes out and put myself in best position for a good lease #, do I just go along as if I was buying, get the best price (invoice or below) wait for my Jeep to arrive and then let them know
“ hey some things came up, I’d like to lease instead of buy” ?

What is the best strategy in this situation?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Hey DealerGuy, thanks for all the insight. I’m a guy that likes to lease...2 Grand Cherokees in a row, affordable and no issues.

The Wrangler I hear is a different animal when it comes to leasing, programs not as friendly. That it’s much better to purchase.

As much as I would like to buy, I do appreciate the lower monthly payments leasing provides. So in this case, If I wanted to order a JL when pricing comes out and put myself in best position for a good lease #, do I just go along as if I was buying, get the best price (invoice or below) wait for my Jeep to arrive and then let them know
“ hey some things came up, I’d like to lease instead of buy” ?

What is the best strategy in this situation?
JK Wrangler leases are actually really good right now. Big residuals to help with that lower payment you are looking for.

The only problem with ordering a Wrangler to lease is lease rates and residuals fluctuate monthly sometimes so there is no way to really know what your payment will be until you sign up. That being said, I see no reason the JL wouldn’t also have a strong lease residual. Yes, on some of the larger res% you end up with a higher money factor (rate), but leasing is more about the monthly payment as opposed to the rate. There are some months you end up with the best of both worlds, but nobody knows what the banks are going to do ahead of time.

As soon as the pricing comes out, we won’t know how they lease. We won’t know until we have them on the ground and the banks come out with their programs. Since they is hardly ever a rebate on a Wrangler, if you can get the affiliates program discount, that is your best bet to get a discount. Order it and see what the programs are when it arrives.

BrooklynJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
JK Wrangler leases are actually really good right now. Big residuals to help with that lower payment you are looking for.

The only problem with ordering a Wrangler to lease is lease rates and residuals fluctuate monthly sometimes so there is no way to really know what your payment will be until you sign up. That being said, I see no reason the JL wouldn’t also have a strong lease residual. Yes, on some of the larger res% you end up with a higher money factor (rate), but leasing is more about the monthly payment as opposed to the rate. There are some months you end up with the best of both worlds, but nobody knows what the banks are going to do ahead of time.

As soon as the pricing comes out, we won’t know how they lease. We won’t know until we have them on the ground and the banks come out with their programs. Since they is hardly ever a rebate on a Wrangler, if you can get the affiliates program discount, that is your best bet to get a discount. Order it and see what the programs are when it arrives.
Thank you for the quick response. Yea, the JK #s are really good now but with the JL so close it’s hard to resist the new one. My only problem with waiting is my current lease is up mid January 2018 so I’m cutting it close. Do you think I have a shot at these being on the road by then?

Chrysler Capital won’t allow me to extend my lease unless I have a Jeep on order so there is always that option. If I knew I could be in the low $400s/month on the JL this would be an easy choice. Waiting sucks lol

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Thank you for the quick response. Yea, the JK #s are really good now but with the JL so close it’s hard to resist the new one. My only problem with waiting is my current lease is up mid January 2018 so I’m cutting it close. Do you think I have a shot at these being on the road by then?

Chrysler Capital won’t allow me to extend my lease unless I have a Jeep on order so there is always that option. If I knew I could be in the low $400s/month on the JL this would be an easy choice. Waiting sucks lol
Yea, you are cutting it close. There is no garuntee that they will be on the ground mid January especially with the year end shut down delaying thing further. You are in a situation. Low 400’s is entirely possible now on Sport. Maybe order it so you have the option of extending your lease. Worse senerio, it doesn’t work out and the dealership sells it to someone else.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
The way to ensure the lowest pricing is to either get the tread lightly membership, or if the company you work for is on the affiliates list. They are the same thing. Now, you can find a JK for even less than that price anyway. I’d tell you to say you want to pay cash and give an offer, you will be countered with, “we will do this price if you finance it with us”. Cash is no longer king but it doesn’t mean you have to fold and finance $50k for a full term. Agree to finance it and as soon as the bank gives you your account information, pay it off. You will pay almost nothing in finance charges for 1 month and there are no longer pre pay penalties or fees.
JLWF,

How would employee pricing compare to the Tread Lightly discount?

BrooklynJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Yea, you are cutting it close. There is no garuntee that they will be on the ground mid January especially with the year end shut down delaying thing further. You are in a situation. Low 400’s is entirely possible now on Sport. Maybe order it so you have the option of extending your lease. Worse senerio, it doesn’t work out and the dealership sells it to someone else.
We think alike. Thank you again for your help and I may pick your brain again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.