Not open for further replies.

Mfdidier

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey dealer guy, for those of us that have already ordered a JL, do you think we can add on to our orders if new features or addons become available in the coming weeks?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Hey dealer guy, for those of us that have already ordered a JL, do you think we can add on to our orders if new features or addons become available in the coming weeks?
Your timeframe is very limited. You may not be able to change anything once it hits “D” status. As I mentioned to another member, if there is something that happens to come out, color, option, whatever you can’t live without, Go and re-order. The dealership will be happy to have another JL to sell to someone else even if it has your name on the window sticker!

cctvtec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Sahara, Incoming '18 JLU Rubicon
Your timeframe is very limited. You may not be able to change anything once it hits “D” status. As I mentioned to another member, if there is something that happens to come out, color, option, whatever you can’t live without, Go and re-order. The dealership will be happy to have another JL to sell to someone else even if it has your name on the window sticker!

What is "C" status?

Sponsored

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
I ordered yesterday. I added my VON to the tracking list, but how is everyone being able to see the D or C status, is there a site you are looking at? Or are you calling your dealership? I also noticed that some order sheets say 4EA- sold Vehicle and some say 4EX- sales tracking, what is the difference between those?

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I ordered yesterday. I added my VON to the tracking list, but how is everyone being able to see the D or C status, is there a site you are looking at? Or are you calling your dealership? I also noticed that some order sheets say 4EA- sold Vehicle and some say 4EX- sales tracking, what is the difference between those?
To find out C or D status, yes, you have to call your dealership.

The big one, If your order sheet says 4EA, you have a true sold order that will be moved ahead of stock orders. It has your name on it and so will the window sticker.

If your order says 4EX, you have a stock order. Unfortunately from what I see here, some dealerships initial special allocation was for a limited amount. If they didn't have allocation for that trim. You may have a cause for concern.

Sorry for the Bad news here. I just went and there are indeed several who posted a 4EX build sheet. You can see it says dealer order, the 4EA sheets show customers name,, address etc.

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
Thank you for the information, my order sheet does have 4EA-sold vehicle with my name and address, but I noticed that others said something different and was wondering if that was what was causing the C vs. D status, so though I would ask. Hopefully those with 4EX can clarify with their dealership.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

To find out C or D status, yes, you have to call your dealership.

The big one, If your order sheet says 4EA, you have a true sold order that will be moved ahead of stock orders. It has your name on it and so will the window sticker.

If your order says 4EX, you have a stock order. Unfortunately from what I see here, some dealerships initial special allocation was for a limited amount. If they didn't have allocation for that trim. You may have a cause for concern.

Sorry for the Bad news here. I just went and there are indeed several who posted a 4EX build sheet. You can see it says dealer order, the 4EA sheets show customers name,, address etc.
Good info. I've added an FAQ to the bottom of the first post (of this thread and the Mark Your Order poll thread).

We can update it as other common questions come up.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Good info.I've added a FAQ to the bottom of the first post (of this thread and the Mark Your Order poll thread).

We can update it as other common questions come up.
So on the order tracking, are you doing that for us, or do we call our dealer and then report it to you to put un the spreadsheet?

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So on the order tracking, are you doing that for us, or do we call our dealer and then report it to you to put un the spreadsheet?
Not sure I understand. Before your order hits D1 we will have no info (which is why the spreadsheet has no tracking updates yet). Before it hits D1, if you want to find out if you are in C or D status, you will have to call your dealer. Once it progresses to the next stage (D1) we will have full tracking info.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.