CarPlay problems

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Having problems with CarPlay? Let’s post them here and see if we can community resolve any of these issues!
Sponsored

OP
OP
JDP

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have had my JLUR for 4 days now. The first two days CarPlay worked great but now it does not show up when I plug in my aux cord. I have the 8.4 Uconnect. I have tried multiple cords including genuine apple cords and also used multiple usb locations. The USB port is charging my phone just fine but CarPlay never comes up. Any help from the forum members would be great. Maybe someone has already figured this out. Thanks

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have had my JLUR for 4 days now. The first two days CarPlay worked great but now it does not show up when I plug in my aux cord. I have the 8.4 Uconnect. I have tried multiple cords including genuine apple cords and also used multiple usb locations. The USB port is charging my phone just fine but CarPlay never comes up. Any help from the forum members would be great. Maybe someone has already figured this out. Thanks
I had this happen on my '17 Mustang with CarPlay before. If I remember I believe I removed my phone as a device from the radio and the reconnected it and it detected it as a new device.

OP
OP
JDP

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have done that multiple times unfortunately still a no go! Thanks for the tip.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I am having a similar issue with Android Auto. It no longer launches when I connect my phone to USB. Uninstalled, reinstalled, unpaired, repaird, launched it on the phone manually, still won't launch on UConnect.

Sponsored

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Mine launches all the time but it won't show the weather and recent calls often. Just my music app. Haven't read the manual as maybe theres something I'm doing wrong like closing the apps before plugging it in

OP
OP
JDP

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not sure! I guess I’ll have to take to the dealer when I get the chance! It will probably be this weekend! I’ll let you guys know what I find out!

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Had this exact issue with my wife’s Subaru, obviously not UConnect. Either way, I took it to the dealership and they had to reinstall the OS on the head unit. Been working great ever since.

When you removed it as a projection device from the radio did you also tell the iPhone to forget the car as a known CarPlay device?

I would try this:
1. Remove it from the UConnect system
2. Forget the UConnect system on the iPhone.
3. Restart the iPhone
4. Plug in

If it doesn’t work, take it in!

OP
OP
JDP

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ok update to the problem.

I removed the uconnect pairing from phone in both Bluetooth and CarPlay! Did a software update on phone. Came out this morning plugged phone up and worked perfectly!

Who knows man:like:

billlumberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Jeep
Son has a Mophie case on his phone. Plugs into AUX 1 or 2 and uconnect will not recognize phone. If he removes the case, it does recognize the phone. The case is older model, so does anyone believe a new case will solve this issue?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JDP

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I would say it’s very possible! The older mop his case may not allow data to go out through the port and only let it come in. I’m no expert though

billlumberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Jeep
Thanks JDP. Just chatted with mop and they stated that the technology is not licensed to 3rd parties for apple pay, therefore non of there cases transfer car play data out.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
JLUR 8.4' display - CarPlay was working fine. We had two iphones plugged, USB 1( charging an iPhone, USB 2 - connected via CarPlay.). After stopping the car we noticed that USB 1 had stopped charging. We put the to ACC and it began to charge but disconnected USB 2. After restarting the car, USB 2, with no other devices connected would only connect via Bluetooth. It was not recognized as having been plugged into USB 2. I restarted the phone, plugged it into USB 1, and USB 3....same problems. Tried a different power chord...with all three USB ports....same issue....not recognized.

Had to get moving so drove for another hour with the phone only paired via bluetooth and then read a thread on pulling fuse 12. Pulled it for a hard reset and not luck.

I went through Uconnect and unpaired, removed my phone from the manage list and tries to reconnect. When you go to the iPhone's CarPlay Settings....its not able to find the UConnect. This is probably because the iphone is not recognized via the USB ports.

Driving me nuts....any know how to reset the USB functions of the UConnect that would be great.

OP
OP
JDP

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My recommendation would be to unpair your phone from the jeep(delete). Go to your iPhone Bluetooth settings and select forget this device for uconnect. Then go to CarPlay settings and forget the device there as well. Restart your phone. Go to settings on uconnect (on Jeep screen) and reset to factory defaults. Wait overnight and then plug your phone back in. If your CarPlay does not come back up after all that then I think you will be making a trip to the dealer! Hope this helps

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
JDP seems to be on to something. I did unpair, reset...forget...etc....but nothing worked. However, just waiting did. When I got back into the Jeep 3 hours later...CarPlay functioned normally.

What I also did...and not sure if it was any help or not yet was locate the other iphones that had been connected to the UConnect. Within the settings, I was able to de-select "CarPlay" for those devices. Apparently Uconnect things anything you plugin that has car play ability should over-ride the first. Not that I don't love my son or wife...but ... no.... dont mess with my CarPlay... LOL. PIcked up the family later in the day .... they all plugged in and no problems.

Stay tuned as I imagine this issue is not over yet.
Sponsored