Sponsored

Throttle Control Options !$?

which throttle controller would you get?

• Total voters

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I use the CO setting on 8 for my daily driving. It is the mode that smooths out cruise control and in theory help improve mileage while using cruise control.

Sometimes I just feel like zipping around and put it in sport mode. The top back, windows, down, maybe the doors and top off, music playing, makes the Jeep funner to drive.
GRAMMAR POLICE... WOO WOO WOO WOO.. pull over sir... improper grammar... "more fun". BUSTED!
Sponsored

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I use the CO setting on 8 for my daily driving. It is the mode that smooths out cruise control and in theory help improve mileage while using cruise control.

Sometimes I just feel like zipping around and put it in sport mode. The top back, windows, down, maybe the doors and top off, music playing, makes the Jeep funner to drive.
Thanks man, I have been using the CO mode on 5 since installing it. I have already set the eco/4x4 to 5 based on your feedback and hopefully get to try it out this weekend wheeling. So far the Jeep is fun to drive with this controller! It makes my Gladiator get up and go!

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I went with Banks Pedal Moster/Data Monster. It hooks up to the OBD2 and is also a code reader. Records data on SD card. One safety feature I liked is it doesn't mess with the throttle when in reverse. Another thing is you can also change tire size eliminating the need for the Tazer if that's all you need.
I looked into that but didnt want to drop the extra coin, plus I use my Tazer as well.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Just got my Hikeit X9 today and plan on installing it in the next few days. My question to those that have an X9 or similar size throttle controller is where did you put it inside the Jeep ?

Sponsored

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
On the center console in front of the cup holders.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Just got my Hikeit X9 today and plan on installing it in the next few days. My question to those that have an X9 or similar size throttle controller is where did you put it inside the Jeep ?
Mine is under the headline dial to the left side of the steering wheel.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Alright, gathering the final info in plans to install the Hikeit X9 this weekend.

Been reading and some say to put the key fobs far from the vehicle and open the door some 10-15 minutes prior to installation.

Others say to unhook the negative pole on the battery.

So which is it???

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Alright, gathering the final info in plans to install the Hikeit X9 this weekend.

Been reading and some say to put the key fobs far from the vehicle and open the door some 10-15 minutes prior to installation.

Others say to unhook the negative pole on the battery.

So which is it???
I didn’t do any of this and haven’t had any issues. Just unlock the jeep, leave your fob in the house and hook it up. I have also changed setting while using the throttle. The HikeIt processor is so much smoother and prevents issues and allows you to change modes while using the throttle. This is where I installed mine. I used double sided Velcro as the sticky tape it came with didn’t stick to the dash.
Jeep Wrangler JL Throttle Control Options !$? C2D954D0-A440-46AC-A7D6-7294ED2FF7EF

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I didn’t do any of this and haven’t had any issues. Just unlock the jeep, leave your fob in the house and hook it up. I have also changed setting while using the throttle. The HikeIt processor is so much smoother and prevents issues and allows you to change modes while using the throttle. This is where I installed mine. I used double sided Velcro as the sticky tape it came with didn’t stick to the dash.
C2D954D0-A440-46AC-A7D6-7294ED2FF7EF.jpeg
Yeah, thanks. I tend to overthink things when it comes to electricals and electronics, knowing that a mistake can cause expensive fixes.

I kept the fobs far away and waited 10 minutes after opening the driver door.

I chose the same location as you, but I have a little cubby there and the spot was perfect. I like that I can see it well from the driver’s seat.

It’s interesting how throttle repositioning gives the impression that the engine is much more powerful. I tried the hikeit mode…lol.. good thing that my dog was in the front seat🤣 even if I expected it, it surprised the heck out of me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Throttle Control Options !$? D3166690-CAAF-42C0-B4EF-8EB2F1F38C2B

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Yeah, thanks. I tend to overthink things when it comes to electricals and electronics, knowing that a mistake can cause expensive fixes.

I kept the fobs far away and waited 10 minutes after opening the driver door.

I chose the same location as you, but I have a little cubby there and the spot was perfect. I like that I can see it well from the driver’s seat.

It’s interesting how throttle repositioning gives the impression that the engine is much more powerful. I tried the hikeit mode…lol.. good thing that my dog was in the front seat🤣 even if I expected it, it surprised the heck out of me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Throttle Control Options !$? D3166690-CAAF-42C0-B4EF-8EB2F1F38C2B
Yeah that HikeIt mode is crazy! I tried Eco mode for a couple of weeks and didn’t really notice any big improvements but saw some minor mpg gains. I was told that the eco mode is good for off-roading and I mainly use cruise mode in setting 5 or 6 even after going to 35” tires, there’s plenty of acceleration!
Sponsored