Sponsored

Throttle controller 6 speed?

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hey all,
First off, forgive my ignorance. I know next to nothing about tuners, controllers, etc. All of my experience working on vehicles has been wrenching, so yes, Im out of touch with modern vehicles and the fact that they can be tuned via electronic devices.
Now thats out of the way, I was reading up on the pedal commander and while I wouldnt get that one specifically, I found it to be very interesting.
But, it seems to me that most of the benefits would be to those with the 8 speed autos and NOT the 6 speed. Can anyone confirm this? Would it be a waste for the manual?
Cant really tell from reading reviews as most people dont state what tranny they have.
Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Kllrbee

You will see a difference for the better regardless of which tranny or engine you have. Sure, if you have an automatic the difference will be more pronounced.

Suggest, if you have the urge, curiosity or whatever you want to call it, in regard to a TC, that you just go out and buy a throttle controller, install it (easy easy to do) and try it out and decide for yourself if you think you like it, etc...

Most guys/gals that do this keep the TC, as they do in fact see a big difference....

BUT ....Do be sure to buy from say Amazon, so you know that you can return it without a hassle if you decide to, for a full refund.... with no restocking or return shipping fees.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I've heard people mention these devices, but I'd like to hear from folks with a 6MT that have one...specifically in regards to shifting. I've found the gas pedal to be kind of laggy, and I typically shift quickly, and the clutch bite is weird/vague so I end up releasing the clutch before the engine has revved enough, and the feather light flywheel can't cope, so I get a lot of jerky shifts.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I had one on my manual and it was to twitchy in sport mode. I had to keep it in city driving. It threw some codes every once in awhile and disabled my vehicle After the second time I removed it and sold it

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I had one on my manual and it was to twitchy in sport mode. I had to keep it in city driving. It threw some codes every once in awhile and disabled my vehicle After the second time I removed it and sold it
@m3reno

IF, it "threw some codes every once in awhile and disabled my vehicle", that happened because you were changing modes while actively pushing on / using the gas pedal which is a no no when using any TC.

Many many JL and JT owner's run with / use a throttle controller and with absolutely no issues ........unless they do as I mentioned..

@daveprice7

OP
OP

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks Rhinebeck,
Great info. Im going to pass for now though. Ill put that money towards something a little more beneficial....trail comms.
Thanks again
Sponsored