Sponsored

Unofficial 2 door owners section...until the admins create one for us ...hint hint ...wink wink

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Maybe we should start a list of potential incompatibilities items and changes for 2-door owners to be aware of:

• Some engine skids will fit 2-doors (2018s had a larger gas tank that can interfere with fitment, even if they fit on 2019+ 2-doors). The OEM cross-bar "skid" is actually used for one bolt on the 2-door gas tank (the 4-door gas tank is further rearwards)
  • Rear differential skid fitment can interfere with eTorque battery at stock height (not sure if this is applies to 4-door).
  • Some transmission skid plates don't fit the 2-door with eTorque battery (Asfir and possibly others). The eTroque batteries coolant line bracket is built into the OEM 2-door transmission skid.
  • Gas tank skids: good luck. Maybe others have more info.
  • Sliders / rocker protection needs to be 2-door specific, although I have seen people shorten 4-door parts
  • Rear driveshaft
  • Obviously, some interior panels are shorter. I believe this is just the pieces behind the front seats and roll-bar. Unless I'm mistaken, the rear plastic by the roll-bar is the same as 4-door. (I even have a theory that the 4-door subwoofer will fit without the 2-door back seat in place)
  • The 2-door always(?) gets the rear center console cupholders, even with leather seats.
  • The 2-door seats have a tilt-forward handle and mechanism, so anything that mounts to the front seat rails or under the seats could be an issue.
  • Accessories that bolt to the rear portion of the roll-bar are different. The top-rear section doesn't even exist in a 2-door.
  • The body tub side rails where the hard-top bolts have a different bolt spacing
  • Another obvious one: in-floor subwoofer negates many aftermarket items.
  • 2-doors have different anti-squat & anti-dive characteristics. Control arm drop brackets will effect them differently than 4-doors.
  • The steering box is different ratio. Steering wheel slop is more likely to be noticed, but turning should be easier in 4WD and with front differential locked
  • All logos on the Jeep already show a 2-door. No need to change them.
Man I don't know any off that stuff. I would make a sticky for that if we had our own section.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
For the record, I am a 4-door owner, but I wholeheartedly support having a 2-door sub section.

I will be a reader/occasional contributor to stay informed on 2-door issues as I may one day buy one and most of my friends on my Jeep club have 2-doors, and I like to help them out.

It is not division. It is a focus area for 2-doors.

Sponsored

Shelly

First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
I ordered my 2dr in May and got it July 9th. It is an automatic although I would have loved to get a stick but my left knee is messed up and I can’t work a clutch anymore (and my husband wanted to be able to drive it sometime in the future. After replacing 2 clutches on the last manual I had, decided this was better off an automatic.)

I would love to be able to find stuff on 2drs without having to wade through tons of stuff on the 4 drs. Get frustrated with the “oh, I want that. “This does not fit your vehicle” crap.

Sponsored

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy's Sport 2 door manual
Would love a 2 door section!! Almost as much as I would love Jeep to finally build my 2 door manual JL to replace my 2 door manual JK.

Sabrina

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
2 door manual here too! I’d have it no other way!