Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Yeah, annoying.. I'm most concerned about the giant touchscreen blinding me when roof's open.
Sponsored

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Once had a red Vette with a tan interior since it was a wannabe Ferrari and that's the traditional Ferrari aesthetic. It taught me never to do another tan interior. Any visual imperfections (leather cracking, interior scuffing, dirt, wear etc.) are highlighted by the light colour. Every vehicle of mine since has either had a black or dark grey interior and has worn far better. Granted, I'm in a cold climate where I don't have to be worried about getting burned on sun heated black seats.
Yeah my Miata has tan leather and I agree with your points here. I would go a step further and say no leather ever again, or at least on vehicles in the lower to mid price range. Rather cheap leather and wrinkles up quick.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Yeah, annoying.. I'm most concerned about the giant touchscreen blinding me when roof's open.
Never had that issue. Last three vehicles have had touch screens with removable roofs and my newest has a screen the same size as the JL. With the roof off, there can be an issue of legibility in bright sunlight, but it never reflects light into my eyes. I think the geometry of the screen placement is done to prevent that.

Terry09

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
Jeep Forum rule #1 Don't ever mention a Miata
Rule #2 Jeep owners should never be seen in or near a Miata unless they are cruising past it in their Jeep.
Rule #3 Never own a Miata
Rule #4 If you own a Miata or have ever owned one or even considered purchasing one, for the sake of yourself never mention it lol

Lol JK Miatas aren't too bad especially the new ones. But seriously...

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Never had that issue. Last three vehicles have had touch screens with removable roofs and my newest has a screen the same size as the JL. With the roof off, there can be an issue of legibility in bright sunlight, but it never reflects light into my eyes. I think the geometry of the screen placement is done to prevent that.
Currently experiencing the issue.. sucks. And with a semi-transparent roof on too

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I heard back on my email to the new cust help. Seems to correlate with what I got from Dillionaire.

20180426_160311.jpg

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Currently experiencing the issue.. sucks. And with a semi-transparent roof on too
Is that your Vette, and if so, what year?

jkappos

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
yea i just called the 866 number and they told me I'm back in D b/c of the PST.. fml.

dmbikerguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2003 Rubicon (Sold), 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2011 BMW 1M
I also got the white, I think it looks great. Maybe not so exotic but I think it looks the best
I’m the opposite. Going from white to red. My last two TJs have been white. I love white on a Jeep. Our Cherokee Trailhawk is also white. All with blackout hood decals. I was just ready for a change and all the promo shots of the 2-door Rubi hooked me.

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Finally Some TRUE great news. I tried the new number on above Post. They told me (I asked twice)
my Rubicon HAS been shipped to the dealer. Waiting for dealer call.

Jeep Product Information Center 1-877-426-5337 WE tried them all so try this one!!
dont wait call him!

malogos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2018 BRZ tS
Not new, exactly, but according to the Customer Assistance Center, PSTs are still not scheduled and predicted to start mid-May.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I don't believe it but it must be true. I just called Jeep to get a status update and was told my Rubi is about to be shipped! Estimated ship date of the 12th. Sure hope this is true!! And also very happy for Sweet water and blueshirtz11 !Looking forward to seeing more good news and pictures here!

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I almost wanna go tan on Ocean Blue, as my black leather has been burning my ass for three summers now.

Also, no more aluminium shift knobs, for the same reason. Shit hurts!
Oh man, I had a B&M pistol grip shifter once, in hot CA sun .. I think I still have a bit of B&M burned into my palm 30 years later lol.

But ya, I did not like tan at first then the light went on think of hot sun on black.. hmm