Sponsored

Arcus bumper or XRC gen2 offroad beating?

vr_fox

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have been looking on bumpers and I like the arcus but from other post comments seems like it is not that sturdy and is more like a front for the winch plate?

From people that have it, how well does it hold on from hitting rocks when crawling?
Jeep Wrangler JL Arcus bumper or XRC gen2 offroad beating? 1632245307154

on the other hand I also like the XRC but I don't like that it goes that low and if it sits way to front.

Jeep Wrangler JL Arcus bumper or XRC gen2 offroad beating? 1632245988151

I would love to hear comments from guys that offroad them and how well they got scraps and hits from rocks
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I have been looking on bumpers and I like the arcus but from other post comments seems like it is not that sturdy and is more like a front for the winch plate?

From people that have it, how well does it hold on from hitting rocks when crawling?
1632245307154.png

on the other hand I also like the XRC but I don't like that it goes that low and if it sits way to front.

1632245988151.png

I would love to hear comments from guys that offroad them and how well they got scraps and hits from rocks
The arcus bumper will hold up just fine. Depends how much you hit it, but it will protect your Jeep. I honestly only hit it like 3 times, none of them too bad. The bad hits are usually on the skid plate underneath the bump, I need to get a better than stock skid plate.

Will the XRC hold longer? maybe. The arcus winch plate is really beefy, I am sure the bumper can withstand a hard hit and will do its job at protecting the Jeep just fine. It is very similar to the oem rubicon steel bumper. I honestly find it to be the perfect balance for the Jeep due to its low weight, the smittybilt is considerably heavier. I rather ride a lighter Jeep. I wish it didn't have those giant heavy hooks and that they would be welded instead of modular. It is a royal pain in the ass to install.

OP
OP
vr_fox

vr_fox

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The arcus bumper will hold up just fine. Depends how much you hit it, but it will protect your Jeep. I honestly only hit it like 3 times, none of them too bad. The bad hits are usually on the skid plate underneath the bump, I need to get a better than stock skid plate.

Will the XRC hold longer? maybe. The arcus winch plate is really beefy, I am sure the bumper can withstand a hard hit and will do its job at protecting the Jeep just fine. It is very similar to the oem rubicon steel bumper. I honestly find it to be the perfect balance for the Jeep due to its low weight.
Mostly I was thinking about edges that would withstand the rock before the tire goes up on the rock, thank you for your input

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Mostly I was thinking about edges that would withstand the rock before the tire goes up on the rock, thank you for your input
Oh that would be fine. That's often how I hit it. I was thinking about it falling on a rock. The XRC is definitely beefier though. So if you don't mind the weight I'd go with that one. I do like the fact the arcus might deform more in a real accident, absorbing some of the impact.

Arcus is mostly intended for a light build, and closer to oem. It is very very similar to the oem rubicon steel bumper.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
I really liked the Arcus on my Sport. Thought it was sturdy enough for being pretty lightweight.

Jeep Wrangler JL Arcus bumper or XRC gen2 offroad beating? 354E5EFF-6D0F-4584-B1A9-B95F1995E491

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
liked sounds past, did you go another route?
I upgraded to a Rubicon. Wish I could have swapped over my Arcus front bumper and DV8 rear bumper and fenders.

Jeep Wrangler JL Arcus bumper or XRC gen2 offroad beating? 1073ECF3-E873-4AB9-AFDB-E7E3A88C8948
Sponsored