Smittybilt XRC Gen2 Front Bumper

Mole351

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
what are the general thoughts/impressions of this bumper? I'm leaning toward getting it as it comes with a skid plate and is within my budget. i've done some research and the knocks seem to be its weight/how much metal there is but most seem happy with it? being new to the Jeep thing and their parts, I'm not sure where Smittybuilt falls in the "ranks" of parts producers...seems they're mid-range products with fairly good reputation?

Any insight appreciated!
Sponsored

MongeDM

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Bright Freakin' White
Occupation
IT Manager
what are the general thoughts/impressions of this bumper? I'm leaning toward getting it as it comes with a skid plate and is within my budget. i've done some research and the knocks seem to be its weight/how much metal there is but most seem happy with it? being new to the Jeep thing and their parts, I'm not sure where Smittybuilt falls in the "ranks" of parts producers...seems they're mid-range products with fairly good reputation?

Any insight appreciated!
I like the Smittybilt XRC Gen2 77807 front bumper (have the S/B77858 rear bumper as well) but you can not reuse the factory LED fog lights. The factory halogen fog light housings fit perfecting as well as the halogen harness. I am researching LED bulb options as I do not wish to splice any wiring. Also, I mounted this bumper on my Rubicon Unlimited with the RC suspension lift and even with the Smittybilt XRC 12K winch, I'm not noticing any sag.

View attachment 127784

IMG_1432 (3).jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I like this bumper except for the bull bar. It’s pretty heavy, so keep that in mind.

JoshH

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I like the Smittybilt XRC Gen2 77807 front bumper (have the S/B77858 rear bumper as well) but you can not reuse the factory LED fog lights. The factory halogen fog light housings fit perfecting as well as the halogen harness. I am researching LED bulb options as I do not wish to splice any wiring. Also, I mounted this bumper on my Rubicon Unlimited with the RC suspension lift and even with the Smittybilt XRC 12K winch, I'm not noticing any sag.

View attachment 127784

I have the same bumper and was able to use my LED fog lights. I was replacing the plastic bumper thou. I thing the OEM steel bumper may have come with different fog light mounts.

Sponsored

MongeDM

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
I have the same bumper and was able to use my LED fog lights. I was replacing the plastic bumper thou. I thing the OEM steel bumper may have come with different fog light mounts.
Yes it does...

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Firecracker Red
How Was the install?
Is there a skid plate available for it?

MongeDM

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
How Was the install?
Is there a skid plate available for it?
Pretty easy, though heavy, once the fog light situation was addressed. I went with Inspired Engineering Black Cube series as they have an adapter to plug direct in to the existing OE bumper wiring harness. The 3 bolt plate and the support brackets on the bottom were easy to get to and torque. The skid plate is built in with enough there to protect the sway bar auto disconnect unit.

IMG_1412.jpg

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty easy, though heavy, once the fog light situation was addressed. I went with Inspired Engineering Black Cube series as they have an adapter to plug direct in to the existing OE bumper wiring harness. The 3 bolt plate and the support brackets on the bottom were easy to get to and torque. The skid plate is built in with enough there to protect the sway bar auto disconnect unit.
That bumper looks fantastic, thanks for sharing. Did you have to buy a separate winch mounting plate, or is it built in?

Sponsored

MongeDM

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
That bumper looks fantastic, thanks for sharing. Did you have to buy a separate winch mounting plate, or is it built in?
Fairlead plate came with winch...nothing with bumper. I like how easy it was to install, and remove, the winch after the bumper was installed. Plenty of room (for me) to get in there to tighten down the mount bolts and snake the wiring up in to the engine bay. Had to pull the air box to ensure proper routing but still, not bad at all! And I have the Smittybilt XRC Gen2 X2O Comp waterproof 12K winch also...

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Fairlead plate came with winch...nothing with bumper. I like how easy it was to install, and remove, the winch after the bumper was installed. Plenty of room (for me) to get in there to tighten down the mount bolts and snake the wiring up in to the engine bay. Had to pull the air box to ensure proper routing but still, not bad at all! And I have the Smittybilt XRC Gen2 X2O Comp waterproof 12K winch also...
Not the fairlead plate, I was talking about the mount/plate the actual winch sits on, but looking at pictures of the bumper I found, it looks like it's all built in. :like:

MongeDM

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Not the fairlead plate, I was talking about the mount/plate the actual winch sits on, but looking at pictures of the bumper I found, it looks like it's all built in. :like:
Oh, sorry...misread that...heck yeah it does! It is very sturdy, sits low enough to keep the winch protected and not disrupt air flow to the radiator. Yet all the winch mount bolts and wiring are relatively easy to get to without having to disassemble or remove the bumper. Heck I had to pull my winch to replace my fog lights and did it all with the bumper mounted. Worth it right there!

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.

View attachment 127784

IMG_1432 (3).jpg
Your bumper and winch combo looks great! I see that Smittybilt offers different texture finishes. Which one did you choose?

ericdrob67

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR EcoDiesel, '19 GMC Terrain, '16 Suburban
Vehicle Showcase
20190216_120112.jpg
I just got done installing my gen 2 XRC front bumper with a Quadratec 10k winch a few days ago. Everything went together exactly as it should. Bumper is 130-135lbs, combined with winch its 200-220ish depending on synthetic or steel cable. Im completely happy with everything. Mine included brackets for mounting the OEM LED fog lights(maybe SB updated since other folks purchased? /shrug).
Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt XRC Gen2 Front Bumper {filename}
Sponsored