First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
does anyone knows what is going on with smittybilt. i've been waiting for the release of the gen2 xrc atlas front bumper. i email smittybilt in march this year and the lame response was something like in the works or coming soon. now extreme terrain has a photo and product number. i'm thinking the pic is for the jk model. i called northridge and they said it hasnt been released yet and northridge is showing it as coming soon. quadratec havent heard anything yet. mean while extreme terrian has reviews from jl owners about the bumper. this makes me a bit suspicious. xrc atlas bumper . any ideas as to whats going on. i'm not in a rush or anything, just not wanting to wait either. i'm also looking at other bumpers, but still waiting for this one to come out.:headbang::facepalm:
Sponsored

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
Extreme Terrain's site can be kinda shady IMHO, they have had the atlas listed for awhile, I think they're just using the JK photo. If you look at their reviews, a lot of times it's just all reviews for that brand, so if you're looking at one smittybilt bumper, they show you all customer reviews for all smittybilt bumpers.

A lot of companies have slowed down/stopped new products during the whole CoVID-19 thing. Unfortunately, it's just a waiting game.

The JL Atlas that smittybilt showed off at overland expo looked identical to the JK Atlas, so FWIW, it's probably gonna look the same when it hits production.

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Extreme Terrain's site can be kinda shady IMHO, they have had the atlas listed for awhile, I think they're just using the JK photo. If you look at their reviews, a lot of times it's just all reviews for that brand, so if you're looking at one smittybilt bumper, they show you all customer reviews for all smittybilt bumpers.

A lot of companies have slowed down/stopped new products during the whole CoVID-19 thing. Unfortunately, it's just a waiting game.

The JL Atlas that smittybilt showed off at overland expo looked identical to the JK Atlas, so FWIW, it's probably gonna look the same when it hits production.

yeah i kinda picked up on how extreme terrain site runs and it does seem shady too. i have taking the covid status in consideration and it just seem odd how smittybilt website is bringing out new things and not the atlas. not even mentioning it.

thanks for giving me a solid answer to the atlas bumper for the jl. i figured it would be the same and it would just be the mounting will be different from the jk to jl. by any chance you looked at the rear bumper. i'm wondering if that will be the same as the jk model.

so i'll be patient and wait for it to come out. hopefully soon.

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
I wasn't at the show, just saw this video

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
thanks for the video. its good to actually see the bumper on a jl even tho its pretty much the same as the jk. i didnt want to order one "blindly" and find out theres a design change that i might not like.
Sponsored