2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
I’d recommend metalcloak 2.5" lift. My reason is longevity between maintenance intervals. Bushings wear out, these just last much longer than many others I’ve had experience with.
[/QUOTE
Thank you everyone. I really don't want mud tires but just trail worthy.
I understand about the spinning; I realize a lift won't resolve thadd to, but only practice, practice. Wish we had some good keeping around here... going twice a year is great but hard to learn
Going to Troy North Carolina Jeepfest this weekend so I see how I survive.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
@IMBlu Just have fun!!
qd4qy8m2k9czqwrwhtcb7c4jwjh8t99b1ronn8m2&rid=giphy.gif

I think the KO2's are very capable. I also think the stock Rubicon suspension is extremely capable while being very comfortable. Just go have fun!

:rock::handsinair::camera:

And don't forget to take a few pictures!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Anyone had problems or heard of Fob failing intermittently on wranglers? Sometimes it won't open the door, or will but will not start. They finished checking it but this has been intermittent and of course it didn't happen while at the mechanic. I'm just wandering if this happened to other wranglers.

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Anyone had problems or heard of Fob failing intermittently on wranglers? Sometimes it won't open the door, or will but will not start. They finished checking it but this has been intermittent and of course it didn't happen while at the mechanic. I'm just wandering if this happened to other wranglers.
You try replacing the battery? When this happened with my Audi usually just needed to replace the fob battery then would work just like new again.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Try changing battery in fob?
Edit: oops, little slow.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I had problems with my driver side and tailgate proximity. Gradually got worse after a year. The driver side door would not work 25% of the time. The tailgate would not work 50% of the time. I initially thought it might have been a bad remote battery but it happened with both remotes and new batteries. The dealer confirmed there were problems and located the problems. The driver side door was a bad connection at the plug for the proximity. The plug was not fully seated during assembly. It worked 100% after they snapped and locked the connector. The rear tailgate was a defective proximity antenna.

Your issue might be different? I never had any issue with not starting. I'd replace the FOB battery first to see if that fixes the problem.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
You try replacing the battery? When this happened with my Audi usually just needed to replace the fob battery then would work just like new again.
Yeah... you're right. That's what I did. All good now. I should take some Jeep classes...

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does it when it’s cold.

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried replacing the FOB battery? Cold temps can reduce the output of a marginal battery.
I have not yet, I’m in Southern California so it’s rarely that cold🤣

Moblrn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S 3.6 liter V6
Occupation
RN
Okay I assure you I have more functions than constantly asking recommendations, but what electric impact drivers do you guys use? I've been shopping for one but am always weary that whatever I buy won't be low profile enough to fit where it needs to fit.

Ultimately gotta figure out a mobile "oh shit" on-trail repair box for the Jeep but definitely gotta get creative on where to store it all. I figure I'll try and have less than 180lbs of tools haha but who knows.
Found this with a search of the Forum before asking the same question. Did you get many responses? I see on person commenting on the Milwaukee tools but none other.

I have a box of Craftsman Drills, saws and such and hoped to find an Impact that used the same batteries. Guess what, they changed the batteries again and also the connections. I had the NICAD's at first but bought a smaller drill with the Lithium and that battery worked with all my other stuff and lasted a LOT longer. I picked up a few more batteries.

I guess I can look at ebay for someone who has a 1/2 inch impact with the 19.2 volt batteries, but might want to just sell what I have and upgrade.

Rod
Sponsored