Sponsored

Utilizing Under the Driver Seat?

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE 20th
Has anyone had any success with the space under the driver's seat in the JL?

I want to install my air system manifold there and access it from the side with the drivers door open (operate ball valves, a couple different quick connect fittings, etc).

After a few hours of searching, the only thing that seems even remotely usable is the JL Audio amp rack.
https://www.jlaudio.com/products/sba-j-jlu-uar-stealthbox-accessories-99837

Almost $200 is a lot to pay when Im just looking for something to bolt a 3/8 manifold and some quick connect couplers down.

I dont have a shop so a metal shop DIY project is out. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective

I want to install my air system manifold there and access it from the side with the drivers door open (operate ball valves, a couple different quick connect fittings, etc).

After a few hours of searching, the only thing that seems even remotely usable is the JL Audio amp rack.

Almost $200 is a lot to pay when Im just looking for something to bolt a 3/8 manifold and some quick connect couplers down.

I can barely fir my hand under their to get the crumbs from the mess my kids make. Why not just install your air in the back or someplace else? I did my twin ARB behind the driver side rear passenger seat.

OP
OP
tehfrr

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can barely fir my hand under their to get the crumbs from the mess my kids make. Why not just install your air in the back or someplace else? I did my twin ARB behind the driver side rear passenger seat.
Im using a Power Tank CO2 system. I want a manifold under one of the front seats, the drivers side is preferable.

I want a line going from the tank mounted on the roll bar, to a manifold under the drivers seat. From there, a line goes out through the clutch pedal opening and branches out to 4 high flow quick connect couplers, one by every wheel.

The manifold would have a drain ball valve (routed to outside) and a connect for a pressure gauge. It would also have a standard quick connect coupler and a schrader valve for connecting to other vehicles/systems.
Mainly the goal is to quickly air up/down all 4 tires at the same time without having the hood open and leaving the drivers seat little as possible.

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

there is this from teraflex for half the price

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/55f8874205a25c5bb15066e8

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker

Sponsored

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
sorry my bad, i thought it was jl

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Im using a Power Tank CO2 system. I want a manifold under one of the front seats, the drivers side is preferable.

I want a line going from the tank mounted on the roll bar, to a manifold under the drivers seat. From there, a line goes out through the clutch pedal opening and branches out to 4 high flow quick connect couplers, one by every wheel.

The manifold would have a drain ball valve (routed to outside) and a connect for a pressure gauge. It would also have a standard quick connect coupler and a schrader valve for connecting to other vehicles/systems.
Mainly the goal is to quickly air up/down all 4 tires at the same time without having the hood open and leaving the drivers seat little as possible.
If you’re dead set in that exact setup (sounds like quite the MacGyver project) you’re going to have to make it yourself or pay someone to do it for you.

A) If you have no shop and no fabrication skills you’re going to have to pay someone with both to do it for you.

B) If you have no shop but do have the fab skills I’d buy the tools and do it yourself wherever you park the Jeep. Even if it’s in the street. It’ll be cheaper and you keep the tools.

C) Put the manifold somewhere else.

There’s nothing like that out on the market that would fit under the seat.

I got the AAL remote kit for the cargo area. Meets my needs nicely and I did some customization to it.

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Lucky Devil - Bright White Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel (JLURD) | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com

Post #6. Lots of work and no easy solution, so it'll be either super expensive or non-existent due to cost vs value.

OP
OP
tehfrr

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the responses; appreciated.
The diesel Rubicon thread was pretty helpful.

I guess the plan is to see if I can fab something myself for < $200. If > $200 then I'll go with the amp rack.

Im pretty set on this config. My goal is to air up/down the absolute fastest possible. Id spend $100 on a part if it could shave off another 20 seconds from the total time. I'm trying to optimize every piece and part as much as I reasonably can.

The big motivator for this project is that I mostly do night wheeling. Out in the backcountry. Solo.
My least favorite part by far is sitting there crouched down messing with a tire while my hood is up with my Smittybilt 2781 on the ground telling the world "HEY SOMETHING INTERESTING IS HAPPENING HERE!!"

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective

That’s quite the set up. Why do all that when you can use something like this. I have it and it works great. You could even make one for less and not have to do all that extra work. But, it’s your Jeep.

https://myoffroadradio.com/morrflate-off-road-4-tire-inflation-deflation-kit/

Sponsored

OP
OP
tehfrr

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s quite the set up. Why do all that when you can use something like this. I have it and it works great. You could even make one for less and not have to do all that extra work. But, it’s your Jeep.

https://myoffroadradio.com/morrflate-off-road-4-tire-inflation-deflation-kit/
That is the best off the shelf kit I have seen so far. Ive looked at it and talked with them on the phone.

They agreed the changes I had in mind made sense. They couldnt offer the config I wanted because only a few people would need/buy it; they asked me to send in a pic of it when Im done.

Edit: already built myself a 2 wheel setup like theirs only in 3/8 with high flow couplers, its what Im using now.

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired

This is one cool mod idea. Would the marine world have something that would work, really don't have any info for you, just think this is a great mod. Good luck with getting it together. Keep posting your results as you piece it together.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Thanks for all the responses; appreciated.
The diesel Rubicon thread was pretty helpful.

I guess the plan is to see if I can fab something myself for < $200. If > $200 then I'll go with the amp rack.

Im pretty set on this config. My goal is to air up/down the absolute fastest possible. Id spend $100 on a part if it could shave off another 20 seconds from the total time. I'm trying to optimize every piece and part as much as I reasonably can.

The big motivator for this project is that I mostly do night wheeling. Out in the backcountry. Solo.
My least favorite part by far is sitting there crouched down messing with a tire while my hood is up with my Smittybilt 2781 on the ground telling the world "HEY SOMETHING INTERESTING IS HAPPENING HERE!!"
My ARB installation was a lot more complicated than it needed to be. (Reference the "Lucky Devil" thread.) I did it that way because I wanted more convenience to fill all 4 tires at once, and I'm a wiring snob. (I like my wiring to look OE.)

If you want to install on-board air under your driver's seat, then ARB really makes everything you need. Their twin compressor system is more than capable of filling tires directly; no need for an air tank unless you want one. And their under-seat bracket includes everything you need to mount a pressure gauge and QD coupler.

You don't have to drill any holes, cut any wires, or anything like that. The whole kit just bolts in, and their wiring harness connects directly to the battery.

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired
Matthew, that's an awesome air system. :like: