Sponsored

JL resale values are insane!

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Kelly Blue Book says my 2018 Sahara with every major option on it and only 6,200 miles is worth $45,000 to a dealer. I paid $38,000 four months before the pandemic hit.
Call a CarMAX. KBB values are pure fantasy and have nothing to do with the actual Manheim auction data auto dealers really use.
Sponsored

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
I put over $20,000 into my 2021 Wrangler customizing it and I'm absolutely loving it but I also am thinking about trading it in because I feel that I could get one he'll of a trade in on it and I want the 392. My Wrangler Unlimited is only 5 months old with 5,000 miles and I ordered it with every option. Only thing bothering me is giving up the 6 speed manual

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
I put over $20,000 into my 2021 Wrangler customizing it and I'm absolutely loving it but I also am thinking about trading it in because I feel that I could get one he'll of a trade in on it and I want the 392. My Wrangler Unlimited is only 5 months old with 5,000 miles and I ordered it with every option. Only thing bothering me is giving up the 6 speed manual
One good thing about it is I drove off the lot with it paid for so there is no 2-5 year loan involved

JL_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
Occupation
Computer Geek
This thread got me curious on the vroom pricing but I have no intention to sell. Just in case people are interested my 2 door rubicon with 1700 miles on it came back with a price of $43000. That is more than I paid for it before tax.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Call a CarMAX. KBB values are pure fantasy and have nothing to do with the actual Manheim auction data auto dealers really use.
Like I said before: KBB has been spot-on in my area.

Besides, based on everyone’s experience on here, I wouldn’t waste my time with Carmax; Vroom is the one paying the most.

Sponsored

Tom73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500, 1967 Chevy 2
This thread got me curious on the vroom pricing but I have no intention to sell. Just in case people are interested my 2 door rubicon with 1700 miles on it came back with a price of $43000. That is more than I paid for it before tax.
I was offered 41.5 for my 21 2 door manual rubicon. That’s more than I paid including all dealer fees and sales tax. Crazy

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Like I said before: KBB has been spot-on in my area.
That's pretty cool; KBB trade-in value - 10% is usually the most accurate, with CarMAX values being #2.

If Vroom is overpaying, more power to you to take advantage before their business model collapses and/or the impact of the class action lawsuit kicks in.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I got a quote for my Jeep because I was curious. I have about 2,500 miles. only options are mud tires and color. They offered $39,442 and I paid $37500.

EDIT: Before taxes, MSRP is somewhere between $40 and 41.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
Manheim and KBB are owned by the same company. If you get a KBB Instant Cash Offer, that price is guaranteed.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Manheim and KBB are owned by the same company. If you get a KBB Instant Cash Offer, that price is guaranteed.
It's not guaranteed, unless things have changed in recent years. The offer is there to get you into the dealership, but they are free to offer what ever they want from there. So it's reeler dealer dependent on the experience you will receive.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
It's not guaranteed, unless things have changed in recent years. The offer is there to get you into the dealership, but they are free to offer what ever they want from there. So it's reeler dealer dependent on the experience you will receive.
You are right, but I have used it several times and always got more than the KBB price. I take good care of my cars (I really enjoy detailing and do my own clay, buffing/polishing, and pro ceramic coatings) and most dealers know they can put it on the lot the same day with little to no work on their end.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
The KBB trade-in price/range isn't guaranteed. An Instant Cash Offer is an offer to buy your vehicle but it is dependent on the dealer agreeing with how you answered the questionnaire. So you are right in the sense that your experience can be dealer dependent. If a dealer is being unfair, you can try a different participating dealer and complain to KBB. If a dealer doesn't want the vehicle at that price, they can sell it to KBB for the amount they paid. So a good dealer wouldn't bother unfairly beating you up on how the questionnaire was answered, but look at you as an opportunity to sell you one of their vehicles now or in the future.

From FAQ:
"Participating Dealers are required to honor your Instant Cash Offer, provided the information and condition you provided when creating your Offer are confirmed to be accurate by the Participating Dealer. If the information is not correct, the Participating Dealer can update the information using the same online tool you used to generate the Instant Cash Offer for your car, and the update may result in a modified Offer amount. "

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
While I have no interest in selling my Jeep, I finally took a few minutes and checked out KBB. Wow, there is something going on there. I have a MOAB which according to a few sources including KBB is the highest priced model. (See attached KBB photo). But I didn’t expect the private party value to be so high. I know Jeep Wranglers hold their value better than most vehicles but this was an eye opener if it’s even close. According to KBB my 2019 MOAB with 8k miles is hovering around 56k. That is insane. The last time I had a vehicle gain value, it was a Ferrari I owned, which doubled in value in 5 years of ownership. While the Jeep is no Ferrari, it isn’t doing bad for what is considered a depreciating asset.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL resale values are insane! 6446ECB8-6CAF-4D67-8787-679846DCDE20

Jeep Wrangler JL JL resale values are insane! 2512328B-DC2C-4756-8E3A-C4A8D054C4B3

Jeep Wrangler JL JL resale values are insane! 5AF7E89B-E10E-426C-BBC4-C33BCD33A35F

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
While I have no interest in selling my Jeep, I finally took a few minutes and checked out KBB. Wow, there is something going on there. I have a MOAB which according to a few sources including KBB is the highest priced model. (See attached KBB photo). But I didn’t expect the private party value to be so high. I know Jeep Wranglers hold their value better than most vehicles but this was an eye opener if it’s even close. According to KBB my 2019 MOAB with 8k miles is hovering around 56k. That is insane. The last time I had a vehicle gain value, it was a Ferrari I owned, which doubled in value in 5 years of ownership. While the Jeep is no Ferrari, it isn’t doing bad for what is considered a depreciating asset.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL resale values are insane! 5AF7E89B-E10E-426C-BBC4-C33BCD33A35F

Remember the site can say anything, but actually getting someone to pay it is another matter.
Sponsored