First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I towed my 2015 JK behind my motorhome. I had it set up with a Rockjock towplate and a Readybrute Elite II towbar. The JK was pretty easy to wire up for towing. I got a Hopkins plug and play wiring harness that went inline with the rear lights. In order to keep the Jeep lights from overriding the RV lights, for example having a turn signal on while braking, the Jeep could just illuminate the brake lights. I added a brake light disconnect kit which consisted of a relay that stopped the signal to the Jeep's lights by opening the circuit. It was installed on the cold side of the brake pedal switch.

I traded in the JK and bought a new 2020 JL. I kept the Readybrute Elite II towbar because it's got a built in surge brake system. Rockjock makes a towplate for the JL so I ordered one of them. Hopkins does not make a plug and play wiring harness for the JL, but Curt does so I ordered that. I needed a new brake cable kit for the towbar and ordered that. The brake cable attaches to the brake pedal arm and is threaded through a conduit to the front of the vehicle where a clevis or carabiner attaches to the surge brake line on the towbar. I also ordered the emergency break away kit that will apply the JL's brakes should the towbar fail or disconnect. This is another cable run in parallel with the operating brake cable. I got the two brake kits from NSA, they make the Readybrute tow bar. While I was at it I ordered the brake circuit disconnect kit with the relay. This is where things got interesting.

There are all the wiring diagrams for the JL's on the electronics area of the forum. I printed out the wiring diagram for the brake system and discovered that there's 3 wires in the brake system. Not as simple as the JK with it's single wire. I asked a question on the electronics section and learned that the brake switch on the JL is tied into the anti-lock brake system as it senses the amount of force applied to the pedal. Cutting one of those wires to install the relay would have been very bad - if you don't get anything else out of this post, don't cut the wires to the brake switch.

I did more research as I wanted to know how I could avoid having the JL's brake lights override the turn signal from the RV with the wiring harness I added. I learned (from etrailer.com and other members here) that the lights on the JL turn off after a few minutes and are not an issue. That was good to know, so that means no relay needed. The towbar surge brake activates the brakes on the JL by pulling on the cable which is attached to the brake pedal with the RV lights lighting up the JL's tail lights, brake lights and signal lights as needed. But I went one step farther on the JK which I wanted to do for the JL too. There is a small LED kit that I installed in the dashboard of my motorhome. When the brakes were applied on the JK the lead for the LED was attached to the cold side of the brake switch and would light up on the RV dash. That way I knew the brakes were on but more importantly that they were off while I was towing. If the brakes are on you're going to wear out the brakes on your TOAD really fast. I also added an LED flasher to the 3rd brake light on the JK, the center mounted light above the spare tire. I didn't want anyone rearending my while I was towing. When the brakes were applied the 3rd brake light would flash really quickly 3 times, then slower 3 times then stay on solid. You've probably seen these on motorcycles, they really get your attention. Some people hate them but I'd rather have them hate me than run into the rear of my Wrangler. To activate that light I cut the wire to the 3rd brake light and spliced in the flasher. To power it I ran a wire to the cold side of the brake switch before the relay so the 3rd brake light would still work when the JK's lights would not. It worked great, in fact it worked when I was just driving the JK around.
So I needed some way to activate the dash LED in the RV and the 3rd brake light on the JL. The good news is the JL 3rd brake light is wired identically to the JK, a single hot lead and a ground.

I found that Roadmaster makes a kit specifically for the JL that will let you light up your dash LED in the RV and in my case the 3rd brake light at the same time. The kit has a bracket that attaches under the dash with an existing bolt and nut in the dash framework. There is a simple brake switch that installs in the bracket then one wire to the JL's battery for power and the other wire through the wiring to the RV for the dash LED. I spliced the 3rd brake light line into the RV dash LED line it works perfectly. Even when the JL has been sitting long enough the for power to time out so the brake lights won't light up when the pedal is pressed the 3rd brake light does. No interference with the anti-lock brakes, simple system. I did have to run a wire from the flasher, which I mounted inside the tailgate, up to the engine compartment where I spliced it to the RV LED brake signal line. I could have added diodes and spliced into the plug and play RV harness in the rear of the JL but the wire works and itā€™s less expensive. I also didnā€™t want to start cutting into that wiring harness.

On the JK I had an extra wiring harness with 2 wires that plugged in the front of the JK for the RV dash LED. I got smarter with the JL setup. The RV has a standard 7 prong RV plug and I put a 6 prong round plug on the front of the JL. I attached the lead from the additional brake switch to the electric brake lug on the 6 round plug then on the RV I took the hot lead to the dash LED and attached that to the electric brake lug on the RV plug. Now when I plug in the single wiring harness it not only powers up the JL's brake, tail and signal lights but also the RV dash LED and the 3rd brake light on the JL.

Any questions, fire away.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired

fredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I towed my 2015 JK behind my motorhome. I had it set up with a Rockjock towplate and a Readybrute Elite II towbar. The JK was pretty easy to wire up for towing. I got a Hopkins plug and play wiring harness that went inline with the rear lights. In order to keep the Jeep lights from overriding the RV lights, for example having a turn signal on while braking, the Jeep could just illuminate the brake lights. I added a brake light disconnect kit which consisted of a relay that stopped the signal to the Jeep's lights by opening the circuit. It was installed on the cold side of the brake pedal switch.

I traded in the JK and bought a new 2020 JL. I kept the Readybrute Elite II towbar because it's got a built in surge brake system. Rockjock makes a towplate for the JL so I ordered one of them. Hopkins does not make a plug and play wiring harness for the JL, but Curt does so I ordered that. I needed a new brake cable kit for the towbar and ordered that. The brake cable attaches to the brake pedal arm and is threaded through a conduit to the front of the vehicle where a clevis or carabiner attaches to the surge brake line on the towbar. I also ordered the emergency break away kit that will apply the JL's brakes should the towbar fail or disconnect. This is another cable run in parallel with the operating brake cable. I got the two brake kits from NSA, they make the Readybrute tow bar. While I was at it I ordered the brake circuit disconnect kit with the relay. This is where things got interesting.

There are all the wiring diagrams for the JL's on the electronics area of the forum. I printed out the wiring diagram for the brake system and discovered that there's 3 wires in the brake system. Not as simple as the JK with it's single wire. I asked a question on the electronics section and learned that the brake switch on the JL is tied into the anti-lock brake system as it senses the amount of force applied to the pedal. Cutting one of those wires to install the relay would have been very bad - if you don't get anything else out of this post, don't cut the wires to the brake switch.

I did more research as I wanted to know how I could avoid having the JL's brake lights override the turn signal from the RV with the wiring harness I added. I learned (from etrailer.com and other members here) that the lights on the JL turn off after a few minutes and are not an issue. That was good to know, so that means no relay needed. The towbar surge brake activates the brakes on the JL by pulling on the cable which is attached to the brake pedal with the RV lights lighting up the JL's tail lights, brake lights and signal lights as needed. But I went one step farther on the JK which I wanted to do for the JL too. There is a small LED kit that I installed in the dashboard of my motorhome. When the brakes were applied on the JK the lead for the LED was attached to the cold side of the brake switch and would light up on the RV dash. That way I knew the brakes were on but more importantly that they were off while I was towing. If the brakes are on you're going to wear out the brakes on your TOAD really fast. I also added an LED flasher to the 3rd brake light on the JK, the center mounted light above the spare tire. I didn't want anyone rearending my while I was towing. When the brakes were applied the 3rd brake light would flash really quickly 3 times, then slower 3 times then stay on solid. You've probably seen these on motorcycles, they really get your attention. Some people hate them but I'd rather have them hate me than run into the rear of my Wrangler. To activate that light I cut the wire to the 3rd brake light and spliced in the flasher. To power it I ran a wire to the cold side of the brake switch before the relay so the 3rd brake light would still work when the JK's lights would not. It worked great, in fact it worked when I was just driving the JK around.
So I needed some way to activate the dash LED in the RV and the 3rd brake light on the JL. The good news is the JL 3rd brake light is wired identically to the JK, a single hot lead and a ground.

I found that Roadmaster makes a kit specifically for the JL that will let you light up your dash LED in the RV and in my case the 3rd brake light at the same time. The kit has a bracket that attaches under the dash with an existing bolt and nut in the dash framework. There is a simple brake switch that installs in the bracket then one wire to the JL's battery for power and the other wire through the wiring to the RV for the dash LED. I spliced the 3rd brake light line into the RV dash LED line it works perfectly. Even when the JL has been sitting long enough the for power to time out so the brake lights won't light up when the pedal is pressed the 3rd brake light does. No interference with the anti-lock brakes, simple system. I did have to run a wire from the flasher, which I mounted inside the tailgate, up to the engine compartment where I spliced it to the RV LED brake signal line. I could have added diodes and spliced into the plug and play RV harness in the rear of the JL but the wire works and itā€™s less expensive. I also didnā€™t want to start cutting into that wiring harness.

On the JK I had an extra wiring harness with 2 wires that plugged in the front of the JK for the RV dash LED. I got smarter with the JL setup. The RV has a standard 7 prong RV plug and I put a 6 prong round plug on the front of the JL. I attached the lead from the additional brake switch to the electric brake lug on the 6 round plug then on the RV I took the hot lead to the dash LED and attached that to the electric brake lug on the RV plug. Now when I plug in the single wiring harness it not only powers up the JL's brake, tail and signal lights but also the RV dash LED and the 3rd brake light on the JL.

Any questions, fire away.
Captain, sorry I lost you around ā€œI towed my 2015 JKā€ (just kidding!) But Iā€™m in the process of getting my JL prepped to be towed as well. Truthfully I had never heard of the Readybrute tow bar before with the surge break. I already have a Blue Ox tow bar and a Break Buddy auxiliary break system. However I was considering the Roadmaster air over hydraulic break system. Wondering how difficult it is to set up the Readybrute? Iā€™m not committed to any one system at the moment just trying to figure out which is more user friendly and easier to set up and break down, because after all itā€™s all about making life easier, right? Thanks for the write up. Iā€™ll check around the internet for more info to continue my research. Thanks!

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Captain, sorry I lost you around ā€œI towed my 2015 JKā€ (just kidding!) But Iā€™m in the process of getting my JL prepped to be towed as well. Truthfully I had never heard of the Readybrute tow bar before with the surge break. I already have a Blue Ox tow bar and a Break Buddy auxiliary break system. However I was considering the Roadmaster air over hydraulic break system. Wondering how difficult it is to set up the Readybrute? Iā€™m not committed to any one system at the moment just trying to figure out which is more user friendly and easier to set up and break down, because after all itā€™s all about making life easier, right? Thanks for the write up. Iā€™ll check around the internet for more info to continue my research. Thanks!
Fred, I'm the type of person who due to my OCD personality researches the living sh&t out of everything before I buy it. When I got the JK and wanted to set it up as a TOAD I first figured out what I didn't want. I didn't want a supplemental brake system that was a box sitting on the floor under the steering wheel that would have to be taken out to use the vehicle. There are other systems that permanently mount a box under the driver's seat but they have a bar that attaches to the brake arm too. Same thing, more stuff to unhook before driving the Jeep.

I found a Youtube video where a guy was chronicling his set up on his JK and that's where I found out about the Readybrute tow bar. I picked that one because of the simplicity of the system. There's a cable attached to the brake pedal that goes through a supplied thimble in the firewall to a mounting position under the front bumper. In my case I picked the same tow plate the guy in the Youtube video recommended, the Rockjock. It looks like a skidplate not a snowplow frame like the Blue Ox or Roadmaster towplates/frames. I drilled a hole in the towplate and mounted the end of the conduit for the brake cable there. There's a loop at the end of the cable that sticks out of the conduit. A spring clip attaches to the loop and to an arm on the towbar. When the brakes are applied on the RV the momentum of the Jeep pushes the towbar forward which due to it's design causes the arm to move forward pulling on the cable. This pulls the brake pedal on the Jeep applying the brakes. Simple, no electronics just a stainless steel aircraft grade cable. When I get to where I'm going I pull the two pins holding the towbar to the towplate, take off the safety chains, unclip the brake cable from the loop and unplug the electric umbilical cord. That's it, no boxes to move on the floor of the Jeep, no arms to disengage from the brake pedal.

If you already have a Blue Ox towbar you can use that with the Readybrake system. They sell an insert that is just the brake lever portion that would go between your Blue Ox and the receiver hitch. https://www.readybrake.com/store/p1/ReadyBrakeā„¢_Towed_Vehicle_Supplemental_Brake_System_(2"_Receiver_Style).html

The towplate that Rockjock makes for the JL is a bit smaller than the one for the JK but it still looks more like a skid plate than a snowplow frame. There's a couple other threads about it here on the forum with photos. Rockjock is known for their heavy duty suspension products and they built the towplate the same way. I've compared it to the Blue Ox and Roadmaster towplates and there's no comparison, the Rockjock is built much more solidly. I have Blue Ox clevis connectors on the end of my towbar and they fit the Rockjock perfectly.

Sponsored

fredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Fred, I'm the type of person who due to my OCD personality researches the living sh&t out of everything before I buy it. When I got the JK and wanted to set it up as a TOAD I first figured out what I didn't want. I didn't want a supplemental brake system that was a box sitting on the floor under the steering wheel that would have to be taken out to use the vehicle. There are other systems that permanently mount a box under the driver's seat but they have a bar that attaches to the brake arm too. Same thing, more stuff to unhook before driving the Jeep.

I found a Youtube video where a guy was chronicling his set up on his JK and that's where I found out about the Readybrute tow bar. I picked that one because of the simplicity of the system. There's a cable attached to the brake pedal that goes through a supplied thimble in the firewall to a mounting position under the front bumper. In my case I picked the same tow plate the guy in the Youtube video recommended, the Rockjock. It looks like a skidplate not a snowplow frame like the Blue Ox or Roadmaster towplates/frames. I drilled a hole in the towplate and mounted the end of the conduit for the brake cable there. There's a loop at the end of the cable that sticks out of the conduit. A spring clip attaches to the loop and to an arm on the towbar. When the brakes are applied on the RV the momentum of the Jeep pushes the towbar forward which due to it's design causes the arm to move forward pulling on the cable. This pulls the brake pedal on the Jeep applying the brakes. Simple, no electronics just a stainless steel aircraft grade cable. When I get to where I'm going I pull the two pins holding the towbar to the towplate, take off the safety chains, unclip the brake cable from the loop and unplug the electric umbilical cord. That's it, no boxes to move on the floor of the Jeep, no arms to disengage from the brake pedal.

If you already have a Blue Ox towbar you can use that with the Readybrake system. They sell an insert that is just the brake lever portion that would go between your Blue Ox and the receiver hitch. https://www.readybrake.com/store/p1/ReadyBrakeā„¢_Towed_Vehicle_Supplemental_Brake_System_(2"_Receiver_Style).html

The towplate that Rockjock makes for the JL is a bit smaller than the one for the JK but it still looks more like a skid plate than a snowplow frame. There's a couple other threads about it here on the forum with photos. Rockjock is known for their heavy duty suspension products and they built the towplate the same way. I've compared it to the Blue Ox and Roadmaster towplates and there's no comparison, the Rockjock is built much more solidly. I have Blue Ox clevis connectors on the end of my towbar and they fit the Rockjock perfectly.
Captain Skip, Can I ask where you purchased your Rockjock tow plate? And by chance do you have any photos of the installation? I have an order in for a BlueOx tow plate that I can cancel, so if the other looks better I may reconsider. Also I need to find out from the retailer if it will fit a JL Ecodiesel, since I already ran into a problem trying to install a rear trailer hitch receiver due to the DEF tank bracket.

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Captain Skip, Can I ask where you purchased your Rockjock tow plate? And by chance do you have any photos of the installation? I have an order in for a BlueOx tow plate that I can cancel, so if the other looks better I may reconsider. Also I need to find out from the retailer if it will fit a JL Ecodiesel, since I already ran into a problem trying to install a rear trailer hitch receiver due to the DEF tank bracket.
Best price I could find on it was Jegs auto parts: https://www.jegs.com/i/RockJock/804/CE-9033JLP/10002/-1

Unless you have something hanging off the front bumper for the diesel it shouldn't be a problem. Installation was very easy. Unbolt the bumper, trim some of the metal on the back side of the bumper (took be about a minute with an angle grinder), bolt the towplate to the bumper and reinstall the bumper. There's 4 additional bolts that ties the towplate to the frame horns right behind the bumper. Compare this photo to what Blue Ox or Roadmaster is offering and it will give you a better idea. I think with those brands you can trim the plastic skid plate and put it back up, I personally like the look of the Rockjock as it looks like something meant for off road. I just took the first photo for you, sorry for the quality but it will give you an idea how far the attachment points stick out. The Blue Ox clevis attachments at the end of the towbar fit the Rockjock with no problem. You can probably also use it for recovery points if you get stuck off road. If you're standing looking straight down on the bumper the end of the points are flush with the front of the bumper. The little silver loop you see in the first photo at the top of the towplate center is the brake cable for the Readybrute towbar.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lessons learned - setting up a JL as a TOAD - long read jose2
Jeep Wrangler JL Lessons learned - setting up a JL as a TOAD - long read jos

Bruceter

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Wrangler Rubicon,
Captain thanks for the write up!
Iā€™m just starting to rig my Wrangler for flat towing and looking all the different options. I already have a Roadmaster two bar but it has Blue Ox adapters/clevis on it. Do you have any pictures of your Blue OX clevis that you mentioned hooked directly up to the Rock Jock base plate? Just wondering if they are the same ones I have. Looks like there is a different Rock Jock base plate for use with the OEM steel bumpers which have.

thanks
Bruce

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Captain thanks for the write up!
Iā€™m just starting to rig my Wrangler for flat towing and looking all the different options. I already have a Roadmaster two bar but it has Blue Ox adapters/clevis on it. Do you have any pictures of your Blue OX clevis that you mentioned hooked directly up to the Rock Jock base plate? Just wondering if they are the same ones I have. Looks like there is a different Rock Jock base plate for use with the OEM steel bumpers which have.

thanks
Bruce
Photo is from Readybrake website, mine are packed away in the back of the RV. But, these are the ones I have. I like these as they go inside and outside of the attachment points on the towplate rather than just a single point like some of the other models.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lessons learned - setting up a JL as a TOAD - long read Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 6.39.18 PM

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I installed the Air Force One system when we bought a diesel pusher that had an air system. (If you donā€™t have air itā€™s not an option, but this is a very clean installation, itā€˜s easy to connect and disconnect, and the Jeep looks clean and uncluttered when itā€™s not being towed). https://www.demco-products.com/rv-towing/supplemental-brakes/air-force-one

I installed the Maximus-3 winch plate and tow rings. The rings extend through the front bumper skid plate, but it still looks good and they also function as recovery points.

Blue Ox and Roadmaster both make adaptors designed to fit the Maximus tow rings, so itā€™s a quick and easy conversion. I could not be happier with this system.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lessons learned - setting up a JL as a TOAD - long read 81985691-E48E-4351-BD3C-1EFB5C5F2736

Jeep Wrangler JL Lessons learned - setting up a JL as a TOAD - long read 05A07D65-54C7-4DD3-8F6F-14EC6450BE9E

Sponsored

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I installed the Air Force One system when we bought a diesel pusher than had an air system. (If you donā€™t have air itā€™s not an option, but this is a very clean installation, itā€˜s easy to connect and disconnect, and the Jeep looks clean and uncluttered when itā€™s not being towed. https://www.demco-products.com/rv-towing/supplemental-brakes/air-force-one

I installed the Maximus-3 winch plate and tow rings. The rings extend through the front bumper skid plate, but it still looks good and they also function as recovery points.

Blue Ox and Roadmaster both make adaptors designed to fit the Maximus tow rings, so itā€™s a quick and easy conversion. I could not be happier with this system.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lessons learned - setting up a JL as a TOAD - long read 05A07D65-54C7-4DD3-8F6F-14EC6450BE9E

Never heard of the Maximus tow rings until after I already got my new Rockjock towplate. They look nice, particularly with the red tow hooks on top of the bumper. I'm running a Class C motorhome so airbrakes aren't an option....unless we open both front doors while we're trying to slow down!

Bruceter

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Photo is from Readybrake website, mine are packed away in the back of the RV. But, these are the ones I have. I like these as they go inside and outside of the attachment points on the towplate rather than just a single point like some of the other models.
Those do look similar to the Blue Ox ones I have on my Roadmaster tow bar, RockJock maybe able to confirm mine will work. Hereā€™s what mine look like
Jeep Wrangler JL Lessons learned - setting up a JL as a TOAD - long read 1604276827611

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Those do look similar to the Blue Ox ones I have on my Roadmaster tow bar, RockJock maybe able to confirm mine will work. Hereā€™s what mine look like
Jeep Wrangler JL Lessons learned - setting up a JL as a TOAD - long read 1604276827611
Yup, 3 fingers same as mine. Glad to see Iā€™m not the only one who locks the clevis to the towplate. Thereā€™s all kinds of horror stories on the RV forums about people unclipping the pins to screw with RV owners in parking lots. Then when they get down the road they see their TOAD trying to pass them!

Bruceter

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the Air Force One system when we bought a diesel pusher that had an air system. (If you donā€™t have air itā€™s not an option, but this is a very clean installation, itā€˜s easy to connect and disconnect, and the Jeep looks clean and uncluttered when itā€™s not being towed). https://www.demco-products.com/rv-towing/supplemental-brakes/air-force-one

Iā€™ve been looking at the Maximus-3 tow loops as well and really do like the looks of them, however there could be a couple of issues when using the Roadmaster adapters #rm-035. The first one being they are made to fit a 3/4ā€ lug and the Maximus-3 tow loops are only 5/8ā€. Could be rectified with some spacers. The second issue is the adapters look to come up against the bumper when the tow bar travels upward as in this photo. But definitely like the looks of those Maximus-3 tow loops

Jeep Wrangler JL Lessons learned - setting up a JL as a TOAD - long read 1604277353595

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Never heard of the Maximus tow rings until after I already got my new Rockjock towplate. They look nice, particularly with the red tow hooks on top of the bumper. I'm running a Class C motorhome so airbrakes aren't an option....unless we open both front doors while we're trying to slow down!
I hadnā€™t heard of them either, so I bought the big, heavy, fugly, one-size-fits-all Roadmaster bar and attachments. Itā€™s nowhere near as clean looking as what you guys have. Then, at the end of last season I saw a beautiful 2018 JLUR at an RV park. It was a beautiful build, and that guy had all the Maximus-3 stuff. Maximus-3 is a small outfit, and they obviously donā€™t advertise much, but their engineering and quality are sound.
Yup, 3 fingers same as mine. Glad to see Iā€™m not the only one who locks the clevis to the towplate. Thereā€™s all kinds of horror stories on the RV forums about people unclipping the pins to screw with RV owners in parking lots. Then when they get down the road they see their TOAD trying to pass them!
Iā€™ll have to find some locking pins that are the right size for mine!
Sponsored