First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
I keep getting reminders from both Mopar and my dealer that I've not had this recall addressed. That is by design, please leave me alone.

The recall says the backup camera may stay on after moving into "drive" and this could cause a dangerous distraction. I may have had this happen once, months ago, and it has never recurred. Everything seems to be working fine, including my Tazer, which I don't want to remove only to give Jeep an opportunity to break something else trying to fix something that doesn't seem to be broken.
Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I have this backup camera issue staying on... what is the TSA number or what other announces you are getting. I have a 18 JLR and camera not getting the signal to turn off if going forward... I have to stop, restart and go to fix this issue.

I keep getting reminders from both Mopar and my dealer that I've not had this recall addressed. That is by design, please leave me alone.

The recall says the backup camera may stay on after moving into "drive" and this could cause a dangerous distraction. I may have had this happen once, months ago, and it has never recurred. Everything seems to be working fine, including my Tazer, which I don't want to remove only to give Jeep an opportunity to break something else trying to fix something that doesn't seem to be broken.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I have this backup camera issue staying on... what is the TSA number or what other announces you are getting. I have a 18 JLR and camera not getting the signal to turn off if going forward... I have to stop, restart and go to fix this issue.
Recall Details
Issued: 2020-04-02
DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE

Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2020 Jeep Gladiator and Jeep Cherokee, 2019-2020 Ram 1500 Pickup, Ram 2500 Pickup, Ram 3500 Pickup, Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Durango, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, and Jeep Renegade and 2019 Dodge Challenger vehicles equipped with 8.4" or 12" radio displays. A software error can cause the rearview camera image to remain displayed after the vehicle has been shifted out of reverse. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 111, "Rearview Mirrors."
The lingering rearview image can distract the driver, increasing the risk of a crash.

DESCRIPTION OF COMPONENT

BACK OVER PREVENTION: SENSING SYSTEM: CAMERA

RESOLUTION

Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update the radio display software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin May 22, 2020. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is W30-W37.

NOTES

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Sponsored