Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any of these engines in transit or even being put into JLs yet? I’m going to be placing an order in the next few weeks, but don’t want the 2.0 to hold me up. Input?
Sponsored

Kenny121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ordered: 3/3
D1: 3/10

Waiting.......

Will be looking for any “FN” VIN’s to make it past D1. Haven’t noticed any yet.

White Rubicon
Dual top
Everything else

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Any of these engines in transit or even being put into JLs yet? I’m going to be placing an order in the next few weeks, but don’t want the 2.0 to hold me up. Input?
I ordered on 2/16 I was told mine is at factory being built Friday , so far waiting 5 weeks

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I ordered on 2/16 I was told mine is at factory being built Friday , so far waiting 5 weeks
Rubicon turbo duel top loaded with everything

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Was that thru jeep chat? Or dealer? None of the 8 turbos being tracked here are past D1. Which is in line to be built but not started yet.

Your (Chicago) est ship date was April 6 and previously for those going thru the ordering process found that the est ship date equalled est build start date. So if they were actually "building it" Friday March 23 they are 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Sponsored

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Was that thru jeep chat? Or dealer? None of the 8 turbos being tracked here are past D1. Which is in line to be built but not started yet.

Your (Chicago) est ship date was April 6 and previously for those going thru the ordering process found that the est ship date equalled est build start date. So if they were actually "building it" Friday March 23 they are 2 weeks ahead of schedule.
I have no idea lol

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter

Jeep chat gave me April 5 date , dealer only told me it be 6-8 weeks

Cuc717

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Mojave
Talked to dealership today and said I had an April 13th build date. They also said I could get it in as little as a week after build date!

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Talked to dealership today and said I had an April 13th build date. They also said I could get it in as little as a week after build date!
I like it - but that would be very fast shipment after the build is complete. Which if true puts me in a tough situation - start selling my car next week or 2 weeks later when I would expect it to be shipped and hopefully have by end of April 1st of May...

I'll check with Jeep Chat Wednesday and see what they tell me this week.

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
Dealer I just asked said that 2.0 engines haven't been built yet. Somewhere around here I read that there were crates of them sitting around. Anybody know the details?

Sponsored

srbbnd

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stella 4T
I don't think anyone has any solid info on this. For the 3.6 the official MPG was released at the beginning of November. The online configuration was available towards the end of December. Some of the first members started receiving their 3.6 4 door Jeeps at the beginning of January. My spider sense tells me it will be a similar timeline for the 2.0 in correlation to the official MPG release and when the engine becomes available for selection on jeep.com.

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
I don't think anyone has any solid info on this. For the 3.6 the official MPG was released at the beginning of November. The online configuration was available towards the end of December. Some of the first members started receiving their 3.6 4 door Jeeps at the beginning of January. My spider sense tells me it will be a similar timeline for the 2.0 in correlation to the official MPG release and when the engine becomes available for selection on jeep.com.
Thanks for the thoughts. I was really leaning towards the 2.0 but I guess if I want this thing by the end of summer I should go with the 3.6, which seems by all reviews so far to be excellent.

OP
OP
Respo

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for the thoughts. I was really leaning towards the 2.0 but I guess if I want this thing by the end of summer I should go with the 3.6, which seems by all reviews so far to be excellent.
If you want the turbo, get the turbo. I had same thoughts and ultimately ordered the 2.0. They HAVE to build them eventually, I suspect/hope April is the Month. I just ordered a sting gray w painted top and 2.0. I’m hoping June-ish delivery

maybatch2000

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
I just paid for Jeep delivery tracker through the forums. I went from D1-D-D1 now per the tracker.