Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
Quick question. 2018 JL with the 2.0. Can just a tuner be purchased? or is it more involved then that. I keep reading about ecu swaps...etc.
As mentioned, there is a pcm swap process. You buy the tuner that includes the swap, submit a form on our website, and we send you an unlocked pcm, that you can then tune with the tuner you purchased.
Let me know if you need any further detail.
Sponsored

hemiblas

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs, 2019 Ranger
As mentioned, there is a pcm swap process. You buy the tuner that includes the swap, submit a form on our website, and we send you an unlocked pcm, that you can then tune with the tuner you purchased.
Let me know if you need any further detail.
Thanks. I ended up buying one. Looking forward to tuning my JL for a little extra power.

wcrandall

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Liberty
I have also just purchased the Flashpaq for my JL 2.0. Can you at anytime go back to the stock tune if you had to?

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have also just purchased the Flashpaq for my JL 2.0. Can you at anytime go back to the stock tune if you had to?
Absolutely. Just plug in and select the return to stock option and it will reload the stock tune.

Thanks

hemiblas

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs, 2019 Ranger

Sponsored

wcrandall

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Liberty
Absolutely. Just plug in and select the return to stock option and it will reload the stock tune.

Thanks
Thanks Mike,
One more question. I received my unlocked PCM today and plan on doing the tune this weekend. I have been doing a bunch of reading about this and I keep seeing people that are getting the permanent P1400 code. But I did see where you stated the flashpaq will not cause this code to happen. Is that a fact or is it a possibilty that code could show up? I still have warranty left on my 2018 and don’t want to be surprised if this pops up. Is there a fix if it does show up.
Thanks!

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If I decided to go with an unlocked pcm...this is the link I found. Will this work on a 2018? since it says 2020?

https://www.holley.com/products/tuners_and_programmers/pcm/modified_pcm/parts/PCM-JL20T20

It is 811? I thought it was 600 dollars? Did it go up in price, or is there a discount for anyone that purchased the tuner? thanks.
the core for the swap is $600, but a new pcm is the cost listed on the site.
You can buy the swap tool, do the pcm swap, and keep the core for $600.
That PCM should work for 18/198 as well, yes.

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks Mike,
One more question. I received my unlocked PCM today and plan on doing the tune this weekend. I have been doing a bunch of reading about this and I keep seeing people that are getting the permanent P1400 code. But I did see where you stated the flashpaq will not cause this code to happen. Is that a fact or is it a possibilty that code could show up? I still have warranty left on my 2018 and don’t want to be surprised if this pops up. Is there a fix if it does show up.
Thanks!
No PCM we have sent out for the last 4-5+ years has had that issue :)
Sponsored