Sponsored

Anyone actually in D1 for their 2.0L Turbo yet?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Got a text from my dealer this morning that I hit D1 - estimated ship date is 4/9.

Jeep Chat also confirmed I am D1:
• All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received.
• The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon

The forum tracking sheet posted today does not show me in D1, yet - my guess is the update for today was run just before I hit D1, and I'll show up in it tomorrow.

Do we know for sure that the "estimated ship date" is actually the estimated _build_ date? Or is it actually the date it leaves the factory? I can't remember my experience enough last time around.
I think ship date is build date
Sponsored

maybatch2000

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
So what is your build? It may give indication of delay. The (estimated) ship date of 4/7 was when they were estimating to start the build not actually "ship" the built wrangler.

Indications were, as of last week, that Turbos were going to start to be Built week of April 2...so is it a turbo delay or other part delay? they aren't supposed to hit D1 unless the parts are there ready for assembly...
I ordered JLUR white with 2L Turbo
Solid colored roof, colored fenders, safety group, LED, Upgraded wheels, leather, infotainment

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
The one thing i see that could be an issue maybe the LED light package...which I also ordered. I usually only check with Jeep Chat once a week, so any one else with LED group have you heard of anything?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
The one thing i see that could be an issue maybe the LED light package...which I also ordered. I usually only check with Jeep Chat once a week, so any one else with LED group have you heard of anything?
I have LED group, went to D1 today with ship date of 4/9.

JLU Sahara - Granite
2.0 T
Dual top with painted top
Painted fenders
Leather
Auto
Selec-Trac with diff
LED
Convenience
Safety
Cold weather
Infotainment
Remote proximity

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
So not LED Group by what aug0211 mentioned...not sure then maybatch2000

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
So not LED Group by what aug0211 mentioned...not sure then maybatch2000
The other thing that’s odd is that @maybatch2000 also ordered a Rubicon, and if anything, I thought I had read (correct me if I’m wrong) that Rubis were going to the front of the line...

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I can’t find out why the tracking sheet still doesn’t have me in the D status tab... I’m on the master tracking tab (tab 2) but still not showing up on tab 1 - even though dealer and Jeep Chat confirmed D1 yesterday morning...

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (FOR SALE!)
I ordered my Ocean Blue JLUR 2.0t on Feb 13th. As of 3/25 it was still in D status. So, I did a live chat with Jeep Customer Assistance at https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/ to see what the hold up was. I got a prompt response, but they had to do some further checking into it. This was their email reply:

3/26/18 -- "Hello Jon, I have been advised that the Premium Sunrider Soft top will be entering the build process in Mid-April. Where your order includes the Premium top it will stay in the scheduling stage until the tops are available. I would recommend checking back in about 2 weeks for an update. If you have any additional questions or concerns please chat with us again or contact us at 1-800-992-1997."

And here, I thought the 2.0 or the Ocean Blue paint would be the issue, not the soft top. \o/

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
I ordered my Ocean Blue JLUR 2.0t on Feb 13th. As of 3/25 it was still in D status. So, I did a live chat with Jeep Customer Assistance at https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/ to see what the hold up was. I got a prompt response, but they had to do some further checking into it. This was their email reply:

3/26/18 -- "Hello Jon, I have been advised that the Premium Sunrider Soft top will be entering the build process in Mid-April. Where your order includes the Premium top it will stay in the scheduling stage until the tops are available. I would recommend checking back in about 2 weeks for an update. If you have any additional questions or concerns please chat with us again or contact us at 1-800-992-1997."

And here, I thought the 2.0 or the Ocean Blue paint would be the issue, not the soft top. \o/
Unfortunately this appears to be at least the 2nd time the soft top has been an issue. Someone(s) at FCA sure missed it based on projections of what they needed. Or there is a big time shortage of materials at the suppliers that they can't keep up with FCA demand.

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
From Jeep Chat:
chatAgent.png
Diana: Hi, my name is Diana with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
chatAgent.png
Diana: Good morning Gregory
chatEndUserMessage.png
Gregory: Can you find my production status for my special order and estimated ship date?
chatAgent.png
Diana: Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! You have made an amazing choice. You must be super excited, I know I was when I ordered my Jeep. I will be back with your new vehicle order status and document the request
chatAgent.png
Diana: Order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process.
· The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.
· Most orders are scheduled for build within 30 days after reaching this stage
chatAgent.png
Diana: From order to delivery is a minimum of 8 weeks and maximum 12
chatEndUserMessage.png
Gregory Hurst: I have read on jlwrangler forum some JLUR's have shown up at the dealer while still in D status...
chatAgent.png
Diana: Not possible
chatEndUserMessage.png
Gregory Hurst: Just need a good heads up when it will arrive - have a Ram to sell...
chatAgent.png
Diana: It can sit in this status for up to 30 as well as next status. Once it enters the build it flies through the rest of the stages.
chatAgent.png
Diana: You can contact us back anytime we are here 24/7 and can provide an update.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Gregory Hurst: Is there a way I can get notified when the Status changes each time?
chatAgent.png
Diana: No you need to chat in or call 877-426-5337

Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Well I just got a letter today from FCA that the LEDs are on material restriction for me to check back in late April. At this rate I'll be fortunate to have the Turbo Sahara by Memorial Day with all the shortages of parts. Which pisses me off. They aren't supposed to put you in D1 until all the parts are gathered for the build. I've been in D1 14 days and was in D 34 days. SO they used MY LEDs on another build since Turbos aren't supposed to start till this week and mine was to start next Tuesday. Now I'll wait at least 3 more weeks to even sniff at it starting to be built.:headbang:

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Well I just got a letter today from FCA that the LEDs are on material restriction for me to check back in late April. At this rate I'll be fortunate to have the Turbo Sahara by Memorial Day with all the shortages of parts. Which pisses me off. They aren't supposed to put you in D1 until all the parts are gathered for the build. I've been in D1 14 days and was in D 34 days. SO they used MY LEDs on another build since Turbos aren't supposed to start till this week and mine was to start next Tuesday. Now I'll wait at least 3 more weeks to even sniff at it starting to be built.:headbang:
Last I heard I was in D1

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Is it possible they used them on a rubicon? I think someone said rubicon’s take priority on the assembly line.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Is it possible they used them on a rubicon? I think someone said rubicon’s take priority on the assembly line.
I just got off with jeep chat , I have a Rubicon with 2.0 I was told same thing about Led lights but she said I’m still in D1

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Ugh, this is awful news.

I'm also a 2.0T with LED group. Supposed D1 status with build date ("ship") of 4/9 (or 4/10, I can't remember) the last time I checked. I thought we were finally through the shortages when the soft tops came in.

Talking with Jeep Chat right now - and they're saying....
  1. I am still in D1, but cannot see the ship date (they couldn't last time, either - only dealer had that, for some reason)
  2. The soft tops are in
  3. They're "waiting to hear on the material status for the LED Lighting group"
  4. "D1 means that all of your parts have basically been "claimed" for your order so I do not know how the plant is handling this but I would not anticipate an issue."
That's all the info I have, for now - hopefully the LEDs pull through for us all!
Sponsored