jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Must say that I've been impressed with the Patagonias, but I'm still curious about them vs the KM3's. I'll happily wear mine out and watch how you "tuber's do with your alternatives.

lol

I had KM2's on my last Jeep and was extremely happy with them. Maybe I'm not too demanding or I just don't do the hard lines all that often.

Yet. :whew:
The Ko2s are a great trade off tire. Great on road and decent off road. They suck in the mud tho. If mine was a DD these type of tire would be what id most likely run. Again a harder compound so better longevity but lacking off road ability. Ive run toyos, goodyears, bfg, attouro, yokes, micky Thompson heck more im sure. But its the same story all the time. Wear vs grip. If you watch our vids you will notice the km3's are stickier than jenns attouros. She got 30k on her last set of attouros. They are just a bit harder than the km3's. But if you watch some of our older stuff when i was still on the ko2s she way out performed me off road.
Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
:LOL:

There is so much to this topic but I'll just put a like out to combat the tailgaters on your video.

18k miles with the original windshield, and hope that I didn't just jinx myself either. :beer:
Its all about reducing risks. Jenn has a habit of tailgating, her last ticket was for that years ago. Her windshield? Looks like the moon, craters and chips everywhere and this is her second windshield in 6 years. Thats why the "tailgating" vid came to be. A difference in our driving styles was evident in our windshield chips. Hers? Many, mine? None.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
The milestars remind me of the harder compounds tires like Toyos open country. Good tires both on and off road but not great at either. When you get into the softer compound tires like the Ko3s and say yokahama geolanders they are good on road and great off road, the trade off is wear. Just like in Nascar. Harder compounds last longer but are slippery vs soft compounds which are sticky as heck but don't last. For a good comparison check out some old JL life offroad vids. Mo was running pats and misty was running yokes. She way out performed him off road but only got like 20k on her Yokes, he still has his pats but cant seem to climb shit lol
It was the same video that had me questioning my thoughts that the Pats were outstanding offroad. I haven't had many issues and for the price they do quite nicely as my DD set. Not able to wheel much anywho.

May end up with two sets at some point, so I can dedicate the off road set and have a better on road commuter tire.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
It was the same video that had me questioning my thoughts that the Pats were outstanding offroad. I haven't had many issues and for the price they do quite nicely as my DD set. Not able to wheel much anywho.

May end up with two sets at some point, so I can dedicate the off road set and have a better on road commuter tire.
ive met Jeepers that trailered their wheelin tires lol, id say just stay with a good all terrain, no reason for the MT's if you are not in the dirt a lot. then they are just expensive street scrubbers anyways.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
ive met Jeepers that trailered their wheelin tires lol, id say just stay with a good all terrain, no reason for the MT's if you are not in the dirt a lot. then they are just expensive street scrubbers anyways.

Well that would be the reasonable choice. :LOL:

I think the Pats are a good hybrid. If I come across another set of Raptor takeoff's I might get them next time as they are a bit lighter.

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Long shot I think but any filmmakers here? The indecision on this 2 door purchase has been killing me lol, One moment I'm 100% committed but I woke up last night with the thought that a standard Matthews-style C-stand wouldn't be able to fit and since that's such a common item on video shoots large and small, it got me thinking.

They typically have a collapsed height of 53" and have about 23" of width on the bottom where the legs fold up. With the seats removed seems like the 2 door JL has around 48" of space from the gate to the back of the front seats. I would imagine I could fold the front passenger seat forward and fit this no problem, but I hope I can either bring one of these stands to a dealership this week or hear from someone who's had to pack a few of them into a 2-door.

L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L21haW4vTUFUVEI3NTYwNDB4MjAwMF8zLmpwZyA=_H_SH400_MW400.jpg
Just get the c-stands that have the removable base instead of the telescoping longer leg. Did you ever test this?

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Just get the c-stands that have the removable base instead of the telescoping longer leg. Did you I ever test this?
Yeah I've had some pretty good luck transporting gear actually now that I've had the Jeep for a bit. C-stands fit easily with the passenger sear forward and rear seats removed, and you can still get them in diagonally/creatively with somebody sitting in the passenger front seat The removable leg ones are easy to fit.

Had one situation where we were doing work up in the Malibu mountains where our location was at the end of a pretty narrow and off-camber fire road. Our grip/electric truck couldn't make it down the road so I yanked my back seat and tossed it in the truck and we loaded everything we'd need for the first half of the day into my JLR. Pulled the freedom panels and had me+2 crew seated on the roof panels roll down to the location to unload it all.

A fun and mildly sketchy day on set. Only got one fast picture in the middle of loading it but standard C stands (among other things) stacked there on the right. We did end up loading some specialty stuff (manfrotto mini C boom, 8x8 frames) that had to hang out the open tailgate window, but most of the stuff I work with fits normally.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread IMG_1951

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Yeah I've had some pretty good luck transporting gear actually now that I've had the Jeep for a bit. C-stands fit easily with the passenger sear forward and rear seats removed, and you can still get them in diagonally/creatively with somebody sitting in the passenger front seat The removable leg ones are easy to fit.

Had one situation where we were doing work up in the Malibu mountains where our location was at the end of a pretty narrow and off-camber fire road. Our grip/electric truck couldn't make it down the road so I yanked my back seat and tossed it in the truck and we loaded everything we'd need for the first half of the day into my JLR. Pulled the freedom panels and had me+2 crew seated on the roof panels roll down to the location to unload it all.

A fun and mildly sketchy day on set. Only got one fast picture in the middle of loading it but standard C stands (among other things) stacked there on the right. We did end up loading some specialty stuff (manfrotto mini C boom, 8x8 frames) that had to hang out the open tailgate window, but most of the stuff I work with fits normally.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread IMG_1951
Nice! You got plenty more room in there! Now I’m even less worried.

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
:LOL:

There is so much to this topic but I'll just put a like out to combat the tailgaters on your video.

18k miles with the original windshield, and hope that I didn't just jinx myself either. :beer:
20k miles in the Austin traffic with constant construction, no issues. Then take a road trip to Arizona with my daughter for spring break and get a big ding about half way through New Mexico.

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello fellow 2 door Jeepers. Been away from the forum the past few months. Instead of the usual off road picks here are a few photos of me running the FI track in Austin. COTA had a food drive going on a couple weeks ago. Make a donation and drive a lap on the track.

COTA Turn 1.jpg

cota turn 1c.jpg

Jeep COTA 19.jpg

Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
20k miles in the Austin traffic with constant construction, no issues. Then take a road trip to Arizona with my daughter for spring break and get a big ding about half way through New Mexico.
Well, I have 13,000 on my Nalah. I did crack my windshield about 3 months ago. Always so weird, a small pebble at just the right angle... I did replace it with a Jeep windshield. I can’t possibly live without the little Jeep logo.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Hello fellow 2 door Jeepers. Been away from the forum the past few months. Instead of the usual off road picks here are a few photos of me running the FI track in Austin. COTA had a food drive going on a couple weeks ago. Make a donation and drive a lap on the track.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread Jeep COTA 19

That is awesome, Chad! Brings a big smile to my face! Me, I literally went 4 times to the supermarket yesterday to just get in my Jeep (not cross country like you). Once for meat, once for fish, once for sour cream... Man, this lockdown is something else...

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It’s bad when you look forward to going for groceries.

Look forward to going plant shopping today. :party:

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is awesome, Chad! Brings a big smile to my face! Me, I literally went 4 times to the supermarket yesterday to just get in my Jeep (not cross country like you). Once for meat, once for fish, once for sour cream... Man, this lockdown is something else...
Teaching Megan to drive and so far the only vehicle she is willing to drive is my Jeep. Think she is plotting to claim it for herself. She had already mentioned trading my Q5 for a 4 door Jeep so she always has a Jeep available.

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s bad when you look forward to going for groceries.

Look forward to going plant shopping today. :party:
While it looks like my long summer road trip with my daughter will need to be cancelled may still get a trip in. Wife is talking about driving back to Wisconsin for a 4th of July get together her family is looking at having.

The summer cancellation is kind of a bummer. If we would have been able to get it in Megan and I would have been to all the lower 48 in the past 4 years.
Sponsored